We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Only 166,000 People Tuned In To MTV's TRL Reboot

18 minutes ago, For Your Entertainment said:

I can not begin to laugh with you about this. Shakes my head and it's supposed to be "We" with a capital "W." Again the Millenials and their own language and how to properly type a tweet. It's not the fact I am old or know better. It's the fact that your generation and the youth are destroying the very fabric of what is sometimes or somethings good. 

u can't even spell millennial right :tiffcackle:

4 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

You all have proven my statement correct. 

1. You have attacked me on a social media chat forum yet your "generation" is so sensitive about what people post, say, think and have opinions. 

2. You clearly have taken offense to defend your generation without learning from my generation which began MTV to have TRL. So please its called a little respect! 

3. Reminder, that you are pointing your fingers at me for Paris Hilton which led to your precious reality show shitshows which led to MTV not be MTV. (Real World and Road Rules was the BEST!)  Reminder if we did not have a show where you call into VOTE which majority of the Millenials care more about Kim instead of making HERSTORY meaning to VOTE!!! You can thank yourself because now we have TRUMP!!! So if you got off your precious phones and worry less about celebrities we would have our first female president! I voted for Hillary by the way! (Speaking about Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and Jennifer Hudson which have many awards and fabulous sales!) 

4. The true fan experience is when you turn on your radio and listen to a song that inspires you. You call the radio station or find out who is the artist that made that song that made you want to dance, to do good and to rock out with your bad self. You would go to a record store, cd store or anywhere you want to go buy their music. You would listen to that CD or record. You would go to the concerts and follow them. Social media might have brought the fans closer to the artist but again look at the sales of Britney. 

5. Look at the sales for Britney.  Since I am a part of this Brit Army. Look at the sales link again, look at it real close and take into facts that modern technology has ruined it. We went from personal cassette holders to cd players, to iPods and where you can listen to your music on a device that could be hacked in. You cant hack into a cd player or devices my generation had or have! So consider the fact that Russia hacked into our elections and anyone could hack into those devices. 

6. Seriously wake up and realize the world around you. Trust me I have over 1,000 songs on my Samsung Galaxy 6s phone and I use this modern technology wisely, correctly and smart. 

Reminder, you are hiding your true self behind a screen with screen names to hide your true self. Before TRL we had a tiny show that many will not know about and the legend this man was. Does anyone remember d*ck Clark? I bet you only remember him from Rockin New Years Eve but I remember him from a tiny show called American Bandstand when Madonna, Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson made their debut. So think about that when you want to talk about your generation. If it was not for shows like American Bandstand we would not have MTV which had a very amazing show called TRL which was the modern version of American Bandstand where we got introduced to Britney, Christina, Justin Timberlake, Rhianna, and Usher.  Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj and Demi Lavato are apart of the system we have today where they use social media wisely. 

:surething:

297.png

(For the record, every generation claims the newer one is killing something. Again I encourage you to do some REAL research on generations. You are literally just screaming about how old you are, don't get it twisted.)

5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Omg remember Ruben? Didn’t he turn out to be an asshole? Whatever happened to him,

Yep!

Remember, he ditched Britney and WoB, turned it into a general celebrity site and wrote this big letter on why he was done with her. It was back during 2007. I think -- I could be wrong -- it's even one of the reasons Jordan made BreatheHeavy. (Note the think, though.) Not sure where he is now.

6 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

"BUT THE YOUNG PEOPLE WITH THEIR TECHNOLOGY!1!!11!!!. THEY DON'T USE VCRs AND VINYL ANYMORE!111!!11. THEY'RE RUINING THE WORLD!1!!1!. IT'S BECAUSE OF THEM TERRORISM AND FEAR EXIST!11! - even though the biggest terrorist attack ever happened during the so-called paradise he talks about and plenty of people were afraid to use planes or even open letters during that time. THEY GLORIFY LACK OF TALENT!11!1 - even though Paris Hilton became famous around that time. THEY'RE RUINING THE CHARTS1!!!1!! STOP USING THE INTERNET!!1!11!! - even though he wrote all that crap on a Internet forum. IT MADE STANS ANGRY!11! - except stan wars already existed (Lambs vs. J.Lo stans, Medonsters vs. Janetors, etc.) and so did internet hate."

I swear nostalgia can be so deceiving to some people. :awks:

:tiffcackle: And the worst thing: he’s surely writing all of that sh!t with his new MacBook Pro or with his new iPhone 8. BUT POST-99’s TECHNOLOGY IS THE WORST THING EVER HAPPENED:tiffcackle:

And now he's blaming technology for Hillary's loss.

source.gif

1 hour ago, For Your Entertainment said:

I can not begin to laugh with you about this. Shakes my head and it's supposed to be "We" with a capital "W." Again the Millenials and their own language and how to properly type a tweet. It's not the fact I am old or know better. It's the fact that your generation and the youth are destroying the very fabric of what is sometimes or somethings good. 

It's not that big of a deal. I'm sure your generation had their way of writing as well.

source.gif

24 minutes ago, lolo. said:

:tiffcackle: And the worst thing: he’s surely writing all of that sh!t with his new MacBook Pro or with his new iPhone 8. BUT POST-99’s TECHNOLOGY IS THE WORST THING EVER HAPPENED:tiffcackle:

"I CAN USE TECHNOLOGY!! YOU CAN'T, YOUNG PEOPLE!!1!! IF THEY HAD TRL, THEY WOULD HAVE VOTED!11!!!"

giphy.gif

How can you bring back TRL without bringing back the artist who's careers were launched and sustained on the show? :wyd:

If they weren't going to play any music videos then they should have just marketed the first week as an MTV special for the relaunch of TRL. :cricket:

Justin Timberlake and Nsync should have had a reunion on the first week (Would have been a great way for Justin's team, the NFL and MTV to announce his Superbowl performance.):lemmetellu: 

They should have done interviews with Christina Aguilera, P!NK, Jennifer Lopez, Mandy Moore (This Is Us!!!), The Backstreet Boys, Eminem, Rihanna and Jay Z about the impact of the original TRL, they're most memorable TRL moments and how TRL helped their careers. :whitneyshade:

With of course a special appearance from Beyonce.:howiroll:

And a tribute to the queen of TRL Britney Spears and her music video legacy. :unbothered:

TRL can work but it has to keep the same things that made it work in the first place. Fans, new and relevant artist,  political news updates, host with great personalities (Carson was a not Carson at the start of TRL) and most importantly the top music videos/songs right now. It's sad that this forum could do a better job of running MTV than the "executives" currently running MTV straight into hell. :letitburn:

3 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

vnMLMzP.png

THE NEW TRL FUCKING SUCKS I WAS SHOCKED PUT THE FIRST EPISODE ON MY DVR AND WAS STUNNED NO MUSIC VIDEO COUNTDOWN.

YES I GET THAT YOU TUBE AND OTHER THINGS ARE ACCESSIBLE HOWEVER THIS PLATFORM COULD STILL BRING IN NUMBERS IF DONE RIGHT.

AFTER FAST FORWARDING THROUGH THAT TRAGIC DEBUT I HAVEN'T WATCHED SINCE.

THEY SHOULD JUST CANCEL THE VMA'S WHILE THEY'RE AT IT.

6 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Yep!

Remember, he ditched Britney and WoB, turned it into a general celebrity site and wrote this big letter on why he was done with her. It was back during 2007. I think -- I could be wrong -- it's even one of the reasons Jordan made BreatheHeavy. (Note the think, though.) Not sure where he is now.

Yep that was it. What a piece of sh!t. I think he wanted to be the next Perez. I think he even started bashing her when she was going through her darkest time. What a great fan he was. :tiffsmoke:

AGAIN YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL SO WELCOMED, ACCEPTED, LIKED AND SUCH. YOU ARE ALL HIDING BEHIND SCREENS SITTING HERE SMACKING YOUR HEADS, LAUGHING OR REALLY MAKING FUN OF ME. YET YOUR GENERATION IS ALL ABOUT LOVE, SENSITIVITY, BEING MATURE, ANTI - BULLYING THIS AND BEING MEAN ONLINE. YOU CAN NOT EVEN HAVE A CONSTRUCTIVE OR MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION ABOUT ANYTHING. YOU GO ON ATTACK MODE WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY AND DISRESPECT. IT IS THAT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THAT CHART YOU POSTED CAME FROM WHERE BECAUSE MY POLLS AND CHARTS WHEN I WAS HELP RUNNING THE CAMPAIGN. SO DIFFERENT AND I HAVE BEEN IN POLITICS FOR 25 YEARS. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/02/yes-you-can-blame-millennials-for-hillary-clintons-loss/?utm_term=.be45b74b962e

I AM TYPING THIS WITH ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GO THERE. YOU HAD TO DISRESPECT ME AND DISCRIMINATE ME BECAUSE OF MY AGE RIGHT? YET YOU WANT TO HAVE THIS LOVELY DOVY PEACEFUL WORLD. DO NOT DISRESPECT ME OR TREAT ME LIKE THIS. I DO NOT DESERVE IT. I AM ONLY POINTING OUT FACTS AND NOT FAKE NEWS! 

http://www.businessinsider.com/3-reasons-millennials-arent-ready-for-real-careers-2012-8 

THE INTERNET AND FORUMS LIKE THESE WERE NOT MADE TO BULLY OR BE RUDE. YOU CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE OR YOU CAN BE NICE, KIND AND MATURE ABOUT IT.  YOU CORRECTED MY GRAMMAR AND IF MTV IS CANCELLING THIS REBOOT GOOD! WE CAN MOVE ON AND LEAN FORWARD WITH THIS DISCUSSION OR SOMETHING ELSE. GIVE A BREAK WITH POSTING THESE PICTURES AND BE SO IMMATURE. GROW UP AND GET READY TO VOTE, GET OUT THE VOTE, VOLUNTEER IN YOUR COMMUNITY, GIVE BACK, STAY IN SCHOOL, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY AND LEARN FACTS!!! 

LEARN FACTS! LOOK UP FROM YOUR PHONE AND LIVE!!! 

I HAVE ONLY POSTED 18 POST ON THIS FORUM AND ALREADY GETTING TREATED WRONG, RUDE AND MEAN. TELL ME AGAIN HOW I AM WRONG, STUPID, IMMATURE AND OUT OF MY MIND WHEN I HAVE ONLY POSTED 18 POST TO GET TREATED THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED ME. LOOK UP LUKE 6:31. IT WORKS ALL THE TIME!! 

I APOLOGIZE TO THE ADMINISTRATORS AND STAFF OF THE WEBSITE PLUS FORUM. I AM NOT USUALLY LIKE THIS BUT ITS NOT LIKE ME TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND TO BE BLUNT, REAL AND WITH CLASS ABOUT THIS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! 

3 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

AGAIN YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL SO WELCOMED, ACCEPTED, LIKED AND SUCH. YOU ARE ALL HIDING BEHIND SCREENS SITTING HERE SMACKING YOUR HEADS, LAUGHING OR REALLY MAKING FUN OF ME. YET YOUR GENERATION IS ALL ABOUT LOVE, SENSITIVITY, BEING MATURE, ANTI - BULLYING THIS AND BEING MEAN ONLINE. YOU CAN NOT EVEN HAVE A CONSTRUCTIVE OR MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION ABOUT ANYTHING. YOU GO ON ATTACK MODE WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY AND DISRESPECT. IT IS THAT PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THAT CHART YOU POSTED CAME FROM WHERE BECAUSE MY POLLS AND CHARTS WHEN I WAS HELP RUNNING THE CAMPAIGN. SO DIFFERENT AND I HAVE BEEN IN POLITICS FOR 25 YEARS. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/02/yes-you-can-blame-millennials-for-hillary-clintons-loss/?utm_term=.be45b74b962e

I AM TYPING THIS WITH ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GO THERE. YOU HAD TO DISRESPECT ME AND DISCRIMINATE ME BECAUSE OF MY AGE RIGHT? YET YOU WANT TO HAVE THIS LOVELY DOVY PEACEFUL WORLD. DO NOT DISRESPECT ME OR TREAT ME LIKE THIS. I DO NOT DESERVE IT. I AM ONLY POINTING OUT FACTS AND NOT FAKE NEWS! 

http://www.businessinsider.com/3-reasons-millennials-arent-ready-for-real-careers-2012-8 

THE INTERNET AND FORUMS LIKE THESE WERE NOT MADE TO BULLY OR BE RUDE. YOU CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE OR YOU CAN BE NICE, KIND AND MATURE ABOUT IT.  YOU CORRECTED MY GRAMMAR AND IF MTV IS CANCELLING THIS REBOOT GOOD! WE CAN MOVE ON AND LEAN FORWARD WITH THIS DISCUSSION OR SOMETHING ELSE. GIVE A BREAK WITH POSTING THESE PICTURES AND BE SO IMMATURE. GROW UP AND GET READY TO VOTE, GET OUT THE VOTE, VOLUNTEER IN YOUR COMMUNITY, GIVE BACK, STAY IN SCHOOL, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY AND LEARN FACTS!!! 

I HAVE ONLY POSTED 18 POST ON THIS FORUM AND ALREADY GETTING TREATED WRONG, RUDE AND MEAN. TELL ME AGAIN HOW I AM WRONG, STUPID, IMMATURE AND OUT OF MY MIND WHEN I HAVE ONLY POSTED 18 POST TO GET TREATED THE WAY YOU HAVE TREATED ME. LOOK UP LUKE 6:31. IT WORKS ALL THE TIME!! 

I APOLOGIZE TO THE ADMINISTRATORS AND STAFF OF THE WEBSITE PLUS FORUM. I AM NOT USUALLY LIKE THIS BUT ITS NOT LIKE ME TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND TO BE BLUNT, REAL AND WITH CLASS ABOUT THIS. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! 

u were rude & disrespectful to an entire generation and made fun of their grammar while spelling millennial wrong

btw typing in caps the entire post only makes u look like an immature fool

if that was the aim then u achieved it 

tumblr_oxd3igkCnI1uzjwm6o1_250.gif

19 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

You blamed the decline of the music industry on us, told us it was our fault for Hillary losing -- all of which has seemed like a convenient excuse to scream at us about how much we all suck, because it's not even on topic, really -- and acted incredibly condescending while insulting us. (Do I know who d*ck Clark is? Yes, I even watched the d*ck Clark Show: have you ever seen it? Do I know what a VHS tape and a VCR is? Yes, I used them many, many times up until DVDs and the DVD player came out. What's your point?)

You expect us to treat you kindly? You -- who have come in making demands of an entire generation, looking down on the members of this forum simply for their age demographic, who spoke to us rudely and somehow have yet to realize that the music industry is killing itself because it cannot compete or keep up in this ever changing world in which we're living -- are actually going to demand we respect you when you've done nothing to earn it, and have done nothing but disrespect us? Is that what your generation is all about? 

Do you think my attitude with you would change if we were face-to-face? You keep going on about how I'm hiding behind a computer, but if you actually came up to me spouting the crap you came in here with, I'd say the same damn thing to you, to your face. Next time, maybe don't come at people confrontationally and blame them for a failure that has more to do with the evolution of technology, which your generation took part in, and you won't receive such negative responses.

All of this over an MTV program that was bound to fail, failing to recapture its former glory because it was an incredibly niche'd program to begin with. Seriously?

22 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

22 hours ago, Shadow. said:

u can't even spell millennial right :tiffcackle:

:dead: 

12 hours ago, For Your Entertainment said:

honey, go take few VHS tapes u love so much and take them out for a picnic or something in some green field for fresh air to sort out your issues. If that won't work get some professional help please, that nonsense essay you wrote is not okay :tiffcackle: