We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Katy Perry Talks Gun Control On Good Morning America

"When is it going to be enough?"

"Prayer without action is powerless."

In case you didn't know, the American Idol judging panel has figured itself out. Katy Perry is joined by Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan. They got together publicly for the first time today (Oct. 4) and began the promotional rounds.

During their stop on Good Morning America, hosts Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan asked them to speak on the shooting that took place at the Route 91 Harvest festival in Las Vegas on Sunday. After Richie and Bryan spoke, Katy shared her two cents saying us as a society needs to take “good, hard look” at gun reform laws.

“We have to have some action,” she said. “We have to take an unfortunate, good, hard look at what our rules and our boundaries are with gun reform. No one is saying, ‘Take away your guns,’ but we just don’t necessarily need assault rifles, assault weapons.”

She added taking a look at the "hands that these guns are being placed in."

“We have to put our foot down more than just sending our condolences,” she said. “Honestly, I get really sick to my stomach with everyone just sending their condolences, and then going back to selfie-ing and doing their regular stuff. That is not enough."

"When is it going to be enough? I don’t know the answers and I know it’s a touchy subject but I think we have to take a good, hard look at it as a society.”

Good on Katy for speaking up. Clearly something has to change in the states. How many lives lost will it take for laws to change the way citizens obtain high-powered weapons designed for mass destruction?

Watch:

Thoughts on Katy's stance? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

22 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I don't want to see Katy talking politics ever again. She should stick to cringeworthy music videos. :sofedup:

Did you see they dropped a curtain to cover unsold sections at one of her concerts a few days ago? :tiffcackle:

14 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Did you see they dropped a curtain to cover unsold sections at one of her concerts a few days ago? :tiffcackle:

HAA! That's comedy gold! :rihclap: Not surprised though. :shameless: Shouldn't be making fun of others when our girl ain't doin' so well herself but this is hilarious. :tiffcackle:

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She's not forcing you to care or change your minds. She's just giving her opinion and using her platform to do something in which she believes in.

no one cares though :orangu: , her platform is to entertain people, not to talk stuff she has no idea about to try to convince people. Entertainers have no room in politics unless they're serious about it and actually do the due research, not their publicist doing it for them.

She has a good platform to do good stuff, so she should take advantage of it before its taken away.

Just now, Dark.Knight said:

no one cares though :orangu: , her platform is to entertain people, not to talk stuff she has no idea about to try to convince people

Some people do. No one is forcing you to watch. Her platform is acess to the media and lots of followers, and she can use that do something in which she believes in.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

Some people do. No one is forcing you to watch. Her platform is acess to the media and lots of followers, and she can use that do something in which she believes in.

i didn't watch though :orangu:

i agree with you on her last statement, she just needs to do it for the right reasons

19 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

no one cares though :orangu: , her platform is to entertain people, not to talk stuff she has no idea about to try to convince people. Entertainers have no room in politics unless they're serious about it and actually do the due research, not their publicist doing it for them.

She has a good platform to do good stuff, so she should take advantage of it before its taken away.

Celebrties are regular normal people  just like us. They don't have the freedom like we do to just openly talk about it.  The only place where they can have a say is on stage. 

Just now, ZAM9315 said:

Celebrties are regular normal people  just like us. They don't have the freedom like we do to just openly talk about it.  The only place where they can have a say is on stage. 

yes they do, they can talk about it with their friends and family, the people who should matter. whoever wants to get their politic ideologies from celebrities, be my guest, I'm not one of them

16 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

yes they do, they can talk about it with their friends and family, the people who should matter. whoever wants to get their politic ideologies from celebrities, be my guest, I'm not one of them

So another human being doesn't matter? That's selfish. They are American citizen's who vote in elections.. so yes They do matter. They have an open voice as much as we do. The only way to express how they feel is on stage so they can be heard. There is no division between us and them. 

Just now, ZAM9315 said:

They have an open voice as much as we do. The only way to express how they feel is on stage so they can be heard. There is no division between us and them. 

celebrities and normal people have a great division, they're human and go through the same things but they're on completely different platforms.

like i said, i don't look up to celebrities for my ideals, whoever does that's their choice

if i were to look up to a celebrity, it certainly wouldn't be katy perry

Just now, Dark.Knight said:

celebrities and normal people have a great division, they're human and go through the same things but they're on completely different platforms.

like i said, i don't look up to celebrities for my ideals, whoever does that's their choice

if i were to look up to a celebrity, it certainly wouldn't be katy perry

Not saying your wrong. You don't have to admire them or look up to them. Just saying everyone has the same value, right and privledge..

16 minutes ago, ZAM9315 said:

Not saying your wrong. You don't have to admire them or look up to them. Just saying everyone has the same value, right and privledge..

i agree on that, i wish just people were smarter on the platform they've been given