brintyjoan

MTV posts Britney Then and Now

24 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

They give awards to popular songs and artists (like they did with her too in 08) so maybe she will get one if she gets another hit era. :yaknow:

I mean although I think MTV is snubbing her a bit i do agree with you too, shes not bothered one bit, the moment she gets a hit single she will probably get a vma award :mhm: if not multiple. Thats solely on her

2 hours ago, brintyjoan said:

She was popular from 1999 to 2005 and didn't win anything...

BOMT, CRAZY, OOPS, LUCKY, STRONGER, I'M A SLAVE, OVERPROTECTED, BOYS, ME AGAIN'T THE MUSIC, TOXIC!!!! TOXIC TOXIC... EVERYTIME... ALL ICONIC Music Videos!! TOTALLY AGREE!!

4 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

They give awards to popular songs and artists (like they did with her too in 08) so maybe she will get one if she gets another hit era. :yaknow:

Well, the fact that they awarded her for one of her worst videos, from what was basically her worst era, at least to that point, isn't that flattering at all. She was way more popular before, at least under a more positive light, and they never gave her a single award, not even best choreo or something.

21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the fact that they awarded her for one of her worst videos, from what was basically her worst era, at least to that point, isn't that flattering at all. She was way more popular before, at least under a more positive light, and they never gave her a single award, not even best choreo or something.

I believe she would bring bigger ratings to the show during her meltdown era cause people loved to follow her back then to see what would she do next. Also before 06 i think, the awards weren't voted by the public.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I still think that the VMAs she got in 2008 had nothing to do with her video, and more to do with her comeback and to make up for the fact that she didn't win a VMA for any of her great videos, especially Toxic.

20 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Why do y’all always claim they’re insulting her?? Plus I’m order for her o win more awards she needs to create a hit first. 

Coz MTV only cares about ratings. Period.

In 2004, Maroon 5 pointed it out too. And Adam Levine shaded this year's VMA too. 

http://www.breatheheavy.com/maroon-5-if-britney-doesnt-win-we-are-going-to-leave-the-vmas/

I mean Toxic was the only female video to get nominated for Video of the year and still Beyonce won best female video when she din even get a nom for VOTY. :calculating: