We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I Always Sing Live

Shania's New Album Is Out!!!

Thoughts? Today has been a pop music emergency with Shania, Demi and Miley releasing on the same day. Not the smartest move by her team but I like it. :kisses:

It's not something you can listen to in one full sitting, it has to be a background to something. The production and her Anastacia esque voice are splendid, the only thing lacking are hooks that made the Up! album. And hooks aren't something you can just discard and  hope for the best. :lemmetellu:

6.5/7 out of 10 for me.

On 9/30/2017 at 8:39 AM, reecejwilson said:

I'm Alright is the best song on the album for me, I love how she fuses her country sound with modern pop in 'Let's Kiss & Make Up', Poor Me is so relatable :brit:

I've loved her since I was like 2. 

OMG yes!!!! I'm Alright is the best song on the album! It should have been the lead single!

They truly picked terrible singles and buzz tracks! I'm Alright should've been the first single, Who's Gonna Be Your Girl should be the 2nd, and the buzz tracks should've been Poor Me and Roll Me On The River! 

5 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

OMG yes!!!! I'm Alright is the best song on the album! It should have been the lead single!

They truly picked terrible singles and buzz tracks! I'm Alright should've been the first single, Who's Gonna Be Your Girl should be the 2nd, and the buzz tracks should've been Poor Me and Roll Me On The River! 

Life's about to get good is such a good single though, it's incredibly catchy!!!

:brit:

43 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It’s not first single worthy though! Maybe 3rd or 4th tbh! 

The only song that I haven't been bopping to is "Roll Me on the River" but I have to admit her writing has gotten a lot better compared to "Up!", though I agree with you that her choices for singles were bad, bad, bad... :verycool:

3 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The only song that I haven't been bopping to is "Roll Me on the River" but I have to admit her writing has gotten a lot better compared to "Up!", though I agree with you that her choices for singles were bad, bad, bad... :verycool:

What a way to wanna be! and Ka Ching are the best songs on UP :mattafact:

4 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

What a way to wanna be! and Ka Ching are the best songs on UP :mattafact:

"Waiter!" was the initial earworm that got me hooked but at this point "What a Way to Wanna Be" is definitely my fave. In terms of "better writing", what I meant by that: on "Up!" her lyrics relied on VERY cheesy and obvious rhymes but I can forgive that since the subject matter of all the songs was very good and it was meant to be an album full of bops in the 1st place anyway.  :verycool:

5 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Oh I think Roll Me On The River is one of the better tracks on the album! 

Best tracks:

Light Of My Life
Who's Gonna Be Your Girl
I'm Alright (best song on the album imo)
Let's Kiss And Make Up
Roll Me On the River
All In All

Ok tracks:

Swinging With My Eyes Closed
Poor Me
Life's About To Get Good 
Soldier

Crap tracks:

Home Now
More Fun
Where Do Think You're Going