We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Miley Cyrus Takes Us On A Journey From Malibu To Rainbowland On 'Younger Now': Stream

Change is a thing you can count on.

Miley Cyrus' sixth studio album Younger Now is available to stream... now.

Miley's evolution through adolescence into womanhood has been a wild ride, and we've been there every step of the way. After spending her childhood inside a Disney studio set, Miley sought out freedom. That resulted in Bangerz, the gloriously uninhibited record that unleashed Miley's inner-freak on us. But in the midst of the shock and awe, Miley experienced profound loss when her pet fish and dog unexpectedly died. She teamed up with The Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne and smoked up 2015's Dead Petz, which she released for free on SoundCloud because let's face it... her die-hards had no idea how to process those songs.

Two years later, here we are. Miley is refreshed, her image is wholesome and she's singing about inspiration, changing the world and rainbows. It's honestly a welcome change of pace not only for listeners, but for Miley. No one could keep up with the antics and hoopla that Bangerz provided, and she knew this.

"What goes up must come down," Miley sings on the album title track. "No one stays the same / Change is a thing you can count on." Those lyrics perfectly setup the entire happy-go-lucky record. There's even some really special touches on it, like a voicemail from the album's one and only collaborator, her fairy god mother and musical icon Dolly Parton.

“This record is a reflection of the fact that yes, I don’t give a fuck, but right now is not a time to not give a fuck about people,” she told Billboard earlier this year. “I’m ­giving the world a hug and saying, ‘Hey, look. We’re good -- I love you.’ And I hope you can say you love me back.”

Stream Younger Now below (it's available to stream at midnight EST in the US):

What's YOUR favorite track off Younger Now? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

TBH, none of the tracks instantly clicked with me (other than "Malibu," which I've continued to like since its debut). But, I recall hearing Miley herself acknowledging that none of these songs are intended to be super catchy or radio-friendly, so I'll give it another listen before dismissing it.

I think my main issue, however, is that I just don't like country music, and anything either within or around that wheelhouse is just off-putting to me personally (which is why, more than a year later, I still only listen to a few choice pop songs on Joanne, despite being able to objectively recognize the overall quality of the album).

But anyway, since Miley truly has a pretty great voice and seemingly alters her persona/musical styling with each new record, I'm sure I'll like some of her future albums more.

All that to be said, I do love the overall message of the album, particularly on "Inspired."

4 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

TBH, none of the tracks instantly clicked with me (other than "Malibu," which I've continued to like since its debut). But, I recall hearing Miley herself acknowledging that none of these songs are intended to be super catchy or radio-friendly, so I'll give it another listen before dismissing it.

I think my main issue, however, is that I just don't like country music, and anything either within or around that wheelhouse is just off-putting to me personally (which is why, more than a year later, I still only listen to a few choice pop songs on Joanne, despite being able to objectively recognize the overall quality of the album).

But anyway, since Miley truly has a pretty great voice and seemingly alters her persona/musical styling with each new record, I'm sure I'll like some of her future albums more.

All that to be said, I do love the overall message of the album, particularly on "Inspired."

I was honestly going to say the exact same thing, but you said it much better, so I'll just quote you instead.

I don't like country at all... But there's one song that made me want to give this album a chance. "Younger Now", I really liked it, it really tells you a story about wtf was going on in the past like 3 years with her. I'm listening to the album right now and it makes me really happy. I like it. It's different. Her voice sounds great. 

"Thinkin'" and "Bad Mood" are the only ones I bopped to immediately. It's 2 more than I expected really. "Malibu" and "Younger Now" are just way too... mellow... boring... stale... I can't put my finger on it. It's not country, it's not pop, it's... not as good as Kesha's "Rainbow"!

Also, I am thinking it's going to flop hard no matter the hard work Miley has put into rehabbing her image into this new person she is. For the same reason "The Cure" by Lady Gaga flopped. The covers. :gross:

Love the Elvis references in her last video and the album cover!! I like the album, i like the country stuff. Mileys roots are in country so. Kesha did it well too. Lady Gaga, as always, pretentious. Tiring!

miley is great girl and very talented

1 hour ago, Jdub318 said:

Miley and Demi’s new album first week? :foh:

Queen. 

didn't their albums come out a day ago though? :outwithit: