We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Christina Aguilera Enlists Mark Ronson For New Music(!!!)

Her "Uptown Funk" is coming.

Christina Aguilera's "Uptown Funk" is coming.

I've been giving Christina a really hard time about releasing her forthcoming new album. Rather, not releasing her forthcoming new album. Seriously sis where is it? But there's some really great news to share: she's teaming up with producer Mark Ronson!

Ronson shared a photo of her next to rapper/songwriter Anderson .Paak in what appears to be a studio setting (.Paak is holding what looks like a lyrics sheet). There's also a video of them together from the same night.

Ronson and Christina previously worked together on Back To Basics. He produced "Slow Down Baby" and "Without You," and co-wrote "Welcome" and "Hurt."

For obvious reasons this is extremely exciting; Ronson is responsible for some of the biggest hits of the last five years, but she needs to get a move on it, or I fear she'll release a legitimately good album that'll fall on deaf ears – an issue that has plagued too many pop stars this year.

Thoughts on Christina tapping Mark Ronson? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

3 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Ronson and Christina previously worked together on Back To Basics. He produced "Slow Down Baby" and "Without You," and co-wrote "Welcome" and "Hurt."

Well now I'm excited, because the above tracks were some of the best, most timeless songs off of B2B ("Without You" is one of the best overall, IMO). Waiting very anxiously for that comeback, Xtina!

tumblr_nkwbqyKB8l1qj2ef7o1_400.gif

This isn't great news considering he produced some of Gaga's least-accessible work for the GP (quality not considered).

I'd be shocked if Xtina doesn't see the same fate as Fergie, Gwen, Britney, Madge etc etc etc.... Aging pop stars aren't given much of a platform these days, regardless of the quality of their material. I think the best she can achieve at this point is to regain a fanbase for touring purposes.

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree, especially people that willfully listen to songs like Aura, Donatella and Swine.

erOMK_s-200x150.gif

I love Gaga but ARTPOP is way too inconsistent; the high points are really great and arguably underrated, but the low points are SO BAD (I agree with "Donatella" and "Swine" being terrible, but I think "Jewels n' Drugs" is not just the worst song off the album, but the worst song of her entire career).

However, I'm torn on tracks like "Aura," because the lyrics are quite brilliant and while I hate the verses, I love the choruses (same goes for "Venus.") And this mixture of crappy, robotically spoken verses paired with highly melodic, catchy choruses is the other huge problem ARTPOP suffers from.

But, I do think tracks like "G.U.Y," "Sexxx Dreams," "Do What U Want," "Gypsy," and "Applause" range from good to great, so I wish it had been an EP instead to eradicate all the fillers and/or the (unnecessarily) experimental, sonically displeasing, EDM/synth-pop overload misses.

16 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I love Gaga but ARTPOP is way too inconsistent; the high points are really great and arguably underrated, but the low points are SO BAD (I agree with "Donatella" and "Swine" being terrible, but I think "Jewels n' Drugs" is not just the worst song off the album, but the worst song of her entire career).

However, I'm torn on tracks like "Aura," because the lyrics are quite brilliant and while I hate the verses, I love the choruses (same goes for "Venus.") And this mixture of crappy, robotically spoken verses paired with highly melodic, catchy choruses is the other huge problem ARTPOP suffers from.

But, I do think tracks like "G.U.Y," "Sexxx Dreams," "Do What U Want," "Gypsy," and "Applause" range from good to great, so I wish it had been an EP instead to eradicate all the fillers and/or the (unnecessarily) experimental, sonically displeasing, EDM/synth-pop overload misses.

I think GUY was a good song. I thought the video was pretty great too. I think she should have stuck with the whole Aphrodite / Greek Mythology theme she had going on in the music video because she had all these different concepts going on, there was no real direction for the album. It suffered from a genuine personality crisis, which in turn became reflective on the music because Gaga is a visual artist through and through.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think GUY was a good song. I thought the video was pretty great too. I think she should have stuck with the whole Aphrodite / Greek Mythology theme she had going on in the music video because she had all these different concepts going on, there was no real direction for the album. It suffered from a genuine personality crisis, which in turn became reflective on the music because Gaga is a visual artist through and through.

You summed that up both perfectly and succinctly. 

9f3a1819662bd75e88635e3bb0bf3e2a.gif