We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Maroon 5 Taps Director Joseph Kahn For Cinematic "What Lovers Do" Video Featuring SZA

Wonderfully wild.

Adam Levine is always one step behind SZA in their larger than life new music video for "What Lovers Do."

Maroon 5 kind of annoyed me recently when they admitted they didn't want to make any obvious pop songs for their next record. Has Maroon 5 met Maroon 5? But their new Joseph Kahn-directed video for "What Lovers Do" featuring SZA more than makes up for it. It's cheeky, zany and entertaining.

In it, Levine chases after SZA in bizarre and otherworldly scenarios, like in an ice world, on the track, on jet skis and in Las Vegas (where he transforms into a man-killing giant). You can't make this ish up.

Watch:

Thoughts on the new Maroon 5 video? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Talking animals... really? :whitney:

I guess he only directs good videos for female lead artists. This one really sucks. Shame because the song is probably the best 2017 release so far.

On 29/9/2017 at 7:42 AM, britneyluvva said:

how did taylors cgi and effects look so good but this video looks sh!t and i can't with the running scenes. love the song and i really expected more :( 

Taylor obviously had a bigger budget than this

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I only own Songs About Jane and It Won't Be Song Before Long. Their other stuff really doesn't do it for me unfortunately. :gross:

I was a fan for a brief bit, but Overexposed turned me off so much. Coldplay is the same, I like Chris Martin but they shouldn’t have worked with the Chainsmokers :gross:

1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

I was a fan for a brief bit, but Overexposed turned me off so much. Coldplay is the same, I like Chris Martin but they shouldn’t have worked with the Chainsmokers :gross:

OMG SAME. I can't believe the same guy that gave us masterpieces like A Rush of Blood to the Head and Viva la Vida agrees to feature on that garbage. :orangu: Personally I still enjoy their albums, unlike Maroon 5. I didn't like Dreams, but Ghost Stories was great. It's my go to for a quiet night by the beach. :brityes: