We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Brichney.

"Beyonce empowers women and is a songwriter" "Lemonade is a personal album"

Lemonade has 72 writers. Very personal.

"Sorry" has 4 writers. They've been cheated on by Jayz too. Very, very personal.

It was first released on TIDAL, aka Beyonce's handler HUSBAND's flop streaming platform. Very independent of her.

One of her tours was named after her husband's last name: The Mrs. Carter Tour. Very feministic and self-empowering. 

Slay, I guess.

:queenflopga: 

That's some hot tea:truthtea: I don't like nor dislike her in reality. But the fact that the media builds her up to be some goddess makes me lean more towards dislike, which I guess isn't fair to her. 

@Brichney. your post reminded me of this article I've read before Here, it's all about her lemonade album and how it's actually quite damaging for young girls to be listening too. You may find it a good read. 

Powerful article, but lost all credibility when he said Beyonce saying ''suck on my balls'' wasn't graceful or feminine. Being crass or lude doesn't take anything away from women come on now:wyd:  He shamed her for her misogyny ( which I agree she does show a fair amount of it in her songs) while being himself misogynistic by projecting his own perception of what a women should be  :beynah:

1 hour ago, Anita d*ck said:

Powerful article, but lost all credibility when he said Beyonce saying ''suck on my balls'' wasn't graceful or feminine. Being crass or lude doesn't take anything away from women come on now:wyd:  He shamed her for her misogyny ( which I agree she does show a fair amount of it in her songs) while being himself misogynistic by projecting his own perception of what a women should be  :beynah:

I haven't read it in a while, I just googled to find it this time around. I agree with you in the suk my balls thing. I absolutely love when Kesha yells 'Suck my d*ck!!' In some of her songs :hype:

31 minutes ago, Anita d*ck said:

Love a gal with some balls! Was that from Rainbow? Wanted to give it a listen since forever but never did, now I'm convinced gotta listen to it ASAP:lessons:

Dude, you needed to listen like yesterday! 

She says it in 'Let Em Talk' in Rainbow and also Thinking of You from Warrior, both are great :) 

I really hate it when the media makes her as if she is the most legendary singer of the 21st century. Shes not. First of all, Beyonce is big in the English speaking world. Outside of the English speaking world her records are terrible. At her best she is a major regional player and never a global player. Second, everybody seems to be saying that Lemonade is a really2 successful album and that she is still relevant as opposed to Britney. Lemonade sold 2.5 million copies more than 1 year after its release, in which 1.8 million came from the US. Selling 700,000 albums worldwide, bar the US is not a big achievement. Its a flop. None of her singles from this album made it big outside of the English speaking countries. The notion that she has more lobgetivity than Britney is so overblown. Even if she does have more longetivity, she never truly managed to have the status as a truly global icon. Actually even Rihanna did much better than her globally. To me Rihanna should be the Queen of R&B instead of her. I dont hate Beyonce and I actually like her as a person. However, I dont like how the media and her fans keep on saying she is better than Britney when she isnt.

1 hour ago, Afiq said:

I really hate it when the media makes her as if she is the most legendary singer of the 21st century. Shes not. First of all, Beyonce is big in the English speaking world. Outside of the English speaking world her records are terrible. At her best she is a major regional player and never a global player. Second, everybody seems to be saying that Lemonade is a really2 successful album and that she is still relevant as opposed to Britney. Lemonade sold 2.5 million copies more than 1 year after its release, in which 1.8 million came from the US. Selling 700,000 albums worldwide, bar the US is not a big achievement. Its a flop. None of her singles from this album made it big outside of the English speaking countries. The notion that she has more lobgetivity than Britney is so overblown. Even if she does have more longetivity, she never truly managed to have the status as a truly global icon. Actually even Rihanna did much better than her globally. To me Rihanna should be the Queen of R&B instead of her. I dont hate Beyonce and I actually like her as a person. However, I dont like how the media and her fans keep on saying she is better than Britney when she isnt.

She's not a legend, she's a corporate corrupt Satanist who is getting rewarded for playing the game well. 

I really believe that some of it is just fake and totally paid for,  to the news talking about her all the time and praising her,  it's really weird, in real like she's not that popular, she never was a phenomenon, she has only one huge hit, "single ladies". she is at this point i guess famous for being rich like the Kardashians. She is not icon, queen, legend ect, she is as basic as they come. :whitney:

On 9/28/2017 at 12:35 PM, Kevney said:

I really believe that some of it is just fake and totally paid for,  to the news talking about her all the time and praising her,  it's really weird, in real like she's not that popular, she never was a phenomenon, she has only one huge hit, "single ladies". she is at this point i guess famous for being rich like the Kardashians. She is not icon, queen, legend ect, she is as basic as they come. :whitney:

This isn't thaaaat true. I hate Beyonce and her hype but she's had a few huge hits. Just a few though. Dangerous in Love or whatever is probably her biggest hit, Irreplaceable, and one or two others PLUS Single Ladies. I can understand the appeal from the early 2000s, she was hot, had a cute personality and was pretty talented. But then after Single Ladies she got bigger and bigger but on seemingly nothing at all. Just for dropping albums out of the blue, having kids, and otherwise definitely being like the Kardashians. It amazes me how Jay and Bey can act so up their ass towards Kim but that bitch is in the same damn league. I really don't like that about them. I would accept her as a popular artist, but Riri should be the queen, she has way more hits, almost everything she touches is a hit.

I don't hate her but I don't love her either. I liked some of her singles, mostly her pop ones from the 00s and some Destiny's Child songs (I actually have a DC album), but it really gets my goat when the media go on about her as though she's the second coming of music. She's not. As I said, she wasn't too bad when she was a pop singer but in the last couple of years she has become very political and goes on about female empowerment and all that sort of stuff. It can come across as a bit contrived and it all seems like an act rather than genuine. Her song lyrics aren't great either and a lot of them don' t make sense to me. And why does she need so many song writers? At least Britney doesn't get involved in politics or anything like that and she concentrates on performing and living her life and watching her kids grow up. 2007 seems like a long time ago now. Who will be remembered more in 20 years - Beyonce or Britney? I don't mind Rihanna too much either but her songs can be very hit and miss. She has some bops but she has some absolutely awful songs too.

10 hours ago, Justney said:

This isn't thaaaat true. I hate Beyonce and her hype but she's had a few huge hits. Just a few though. Dangerous in Love or whatever is probably her biggest hit, Irreplaceable, and one or two others PLUS Single Ladies. I can understand the appeal from the early 2000s, she was hot, had a cute personality and was pretty talented. But then after Single Ladies she got bigger and bigger but on seemingly nothing at all. Just for dropping albums out of the blue, having kids, and otherwise definitely being like the Kardashians. It amazes me how Jay and Bey can act so up their ass towards Kim but that bitch is in the same damn league. I really don't like that about them. I would accept her as a popular artist, but Riri should be the queen, she has way more hits, almost everything she touches is a hit.

Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, and Irreplaceable are her only big hits, the others were as big as let's say I Wanna Go? Yeah. Many were flops. 

2 hours ago, Brichney. said:

Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, and Irreplaceable are her only big hits, the others were as big as let's say I Wanna Go? Yeah. Many were flops. 

Except Halo is way bigger than Single Ladies WW. And her other hits were miles bigger than the extremely local I Wanna Go.