We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Watch Camila Cabello's Red-Hot Performance Of "Havana" On The Tonight Show

camila-cabello-havana-tts.jpg

Camila Cabello's performance of "Havana" on The Tonight Show was a pure pop pleasure.

Before she took the stage, Camila warmed up the track by swapping out the word "Havana" for "Madonna" (who was the special guest), but by the time she plunged into the dance heavy routine, CC was on fire.

It's pretty exciting to watch her Pharrell-produced hit take a life of its own. The song is currently sitting at No. 64 on the Hot 100 with barely any promotion, but I imagine a few more performances like this will give the track a healthy bump.

She explained the meaning behind "Havana" in her in her interview. “This song was really special to play for her, because I have such a big part of her culture and to integrate it with the current things that I listen to was really cool,” Camila said. “My grandma has a really visceral way of listening to music. She’s a Cuban lady, she feels it with her whole body and I played her ‘Havana’, and there’s a bit where the beat drops and she was like ‘Ay! Adios!’," she continued. "I just look at her laptop and the song is on constant play, to the point where we’ll have conversations and I’ll hear ‘Havana, ooh na na’ super quietly.”

Watch below:

Thoughts on Camila's performance? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

28 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I really enjoyed it.

I can't be the only one that thinks it's good prerecording though. :whitney:

I think its live babe, you can hear the subtle backtrack which is fine since they help bridge the choruses for her. Those ad libs at the end sync to well to the audio for it to be anything but live.

But she honestly does not seem like she’ll lip, not a lot at least. She seems very passionate about her work. Shes trying to earn respect in the buisness as well so lip synching will take away credibility from her I think.

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I can't be the only one that thinks it's good prerecording though. :whitney:

The backing vocals are pre-recorded but the rest seems live. Why would they bother to have a microphone for the trumpet guy if the male sounds were pre-recorded? If they would want to lie on that, then there would be backing vocalists on stage too.

+ the trumpet also has a microphone: so basically everything would be staged but they would have forgotten the backing vocalists? It would not make any sense.

I need to watch some of her former performances, but I guess her singing voice is just quite close to her studio voice.

18 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

The backing vocals are pre-recorded but the rest seems live. Why would they bother to have a microphone for the trumpet guy if the male sounds were pre-recorded? If they would want to lie on that, then there would be backing vocalists on stage too.

+ the trumpet also has a microphone: so basically everything would be staged but they would have forgotten the backing vocalists? It would not make any sense.

I need to watch some of her former performances, but I guess her singing voice is just quite close to her studio voice.

Her live singing is very good. 

That being said I can tell that's it's live and here I can't. Obviously it's done very well either way so it's not that big of a deal. I'm just shocked in the only one that thinks this. 

Its not really that weird if some instruments aren't live. The dwad guitar guy wasn't actually playing live either most of the time. 

20 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said: