We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow" Tops The Hot 100

Cardi B is the new Queen of Billboard.

Cardi B is the new Queen of Billboard.

HUGE news for Cardi B. Her debut hit "Bodak Yellow" climbs to No. 1 on the Hot 100, making her the first female rapper to top the charts with a solo hit since Lauryn Hill in 1998.

Numbers jargon from Billboard:
"Bodak," released on The KSR Group/Atlantic Records, makes Cardi B (born Belcalis Almanzar, in the Bronx, New York) just the second female rapper to top the Hot 100 without any other billed artists, following Lauryn Hill's first solo Hot 100 entry (apart from the Fugees), "Doo Wop (That Thing)," for two weeks beginning with its Nov. 14, 1998, debut at No. 1.

Cardi B is only the fifth female rapper ever to lead the Hot 100 at all. After Hill, Lil' Kim ruled for five weeks in 2001 with Christina Aguilera, Mya and P!nk on "Lady Marmalade"; Shawnna reigned as featured on Ludacris' "Stand Up," which topped the Dec. 6, 2003, chart; and Iggy Azalea's introductory Hot 100 hit, "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, led for seven weeks in 2014.

Cardi B is also the first female soloist to top the Hot 100 with a debut track unaccompanied by another artist since Meghan Trainor, whose "All About That Bass" led for eight weeks beginning Sept. 20, 2014.

Post Malone's Rockstar" soars to No. 2, pushing Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" to No. 3.

Thoughts on Cardi B taking the top spot? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

18 minutes ago, it's so much Better said:

is that song good?

i am afraid to listen to it and hate it cause it seems like there's great chance of that happen

i dont get the name of the song and/or dont know who that chick is :triggered:

I am corious too

Sistren: Is Nicki Minaj shook? or not? :wyd:

3 minutes ago, dsanta01 said:

I've just listened the song and it's pretty  bad , she sounds like she is dead inside :gross:  I don't really understand how it got to number one :calculating:

same way look what I do and Justin biber is on number one, people like trash nowdays 

13 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

same way look what I do and Justin biber is on number one, people like trash nowdays 

I was thinking the same, people do like to listen to trash these days. Having said that I prefer to listen to any Justin Biber  song any day over Bodak Yellow , even the name its bad :lemmetellu:

46 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I am corious too

1 hour ago, it's so much Better said:

is that song good?

i am afraid to listen to it and hate it cause it seems like there's great chance of that happen

It's literally so bad, and her vocal delivery sucks. I have no idea how it's popular like :wyd:

2 hours ago, it's so much Better said:

is that song good?

well listen to it and form your own opinion not what everyone else is saying

2 hours ago, Alexanda said:

I am corious too

Nicki actually congratulated her! 

Personally I love the song. Not sure why but I feel like she has better stuff up her sleeve, like her attitude too. Humble and funny :)