We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Noah Cyrus Featuring Alleged Sexual Abuser XXXTentacion On "Again" Is Problematic

"You just made the worst mistake, and you'll regret it, darlin'."

"You just made the worst mistake, and you'll regret it, darlin'."

That is the opening lyric from Noah Cyrus' new song "Again" featuring rapper XXXTENTACION, and it's all too true. XXXTENTACION has been accused of domestic abuse by strangulation, false imprisonment, aggravated battery of a pregnant woman as well as charges of witness-tampering. Read about them here. Noah has unknowingly or not aligned herself with a venomous creature capable of inflicting harm on women, and that's extremely problematic for the rising star; Noah's fanbase consists of mostly young women.

"Again" is brooding and eerie. Without the harrowing backstory, it's actually quite good. Noah croons about love over an immersive beat and plunky production beeps. XXXTentacion contributes a singing verse. The video finds the singer wandering through a cliffside graveyard.

How did we get here? Noah and XXX's musical success relies heavily on streaming, and it appears their young fanbases aren't too interested in the repercussions of what a young woman working with an alleged sexual abuser actually means.

Cyrus has yet to offer an explanation for the transaction. When her older sis Miley caused a stir, it was for tongue wagging and nude latex. Noah's controversy is an entirely different animal, and for a relatively undiscovered artist it could mean career suicide.

"Again" is reportedly off Cyrus' forthcoming album, NC-17.

Thoughts on Noah working with XXXTENTACION on "Again?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, crazy cheri candy lotion said:

unknowingly? her dumb fault for not looking into who she works with, what an idiot :tiffcackle: like it wasn't on purpose for some attention anyway

Reminds me of that Gaga R Kelly mess, there is no way she did't know anything about it let's be real here, she is a smart girl and these lyrics "Do what you want with my body" :nocomprende:

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

"Alleged" :queenriri:

Everything is problematic these days anyways, so! :lemmetellu:

His ex-girlfriend gave a 142-page testimony, there are 3 witnesses, photos confirm the story and he himself tweeted EXACTLY what he did. :whitney:

In what way is wanting justice for someone who was sexually abused "problematic"? :whitney:

4 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

His ex-girlfriend gave a 129-page testimony, there are 3 witnesses, photos confirm the story and he himself tweeted EXACTLY what he did. :whitney:

In what way is wanting justice for someone who was sexually abused "problematic"? :whitney:

I was just playing devil's advocate without doing any prior research on the case. Innocent until proven guilty. :juggingu:

I wasn't saying wanting justice is problematic, I was saying that everything these days is considered problematic and you can't do anything without being called a racist, bigot or cultural appropriator by Tumblr-warriors. This is obviusly a much more serious case though. :brit: Should have done some research before making statements, my mistake. :queenriri:

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

I was just playing devil's advocate without doing any prior research on the case. Innocent until proven guilty. :juggingu:

I wasn't saying wanting justice is problematic, I was saying that everything these days is considered problematic and you can't do anything without being called a racist, bigot or cultural appropriator by Tumblr-warriors. This is obviusly a much more serious case though. :brit:

Well, sexual abuse is problematic. And this isn't a case of SJWs calling others "RACIST!11!!!", it's an actual case of abuse and an artist working with him. Go read some of the stuff he did to her. He's legit trash.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

Well, sexual abuse is problematic. And this isn't a case of SJWs calling others "RACIST!11!!!", it's an actual case of abuse and an artist working with him. Go read some of the stuff he did to her. He's legit trash.

Yeah, my bad, as I said. I should read before making blind statements. I'm just fed up with Tumblr-warriors. :queenriri:

10 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Because nobody gives a sh!t. Look at Chris Brown. How is that rabid animal still allowed to have a career?

Yeah but this sounds even more violent + Chris Brown had a career way before his incident... but i got tired of CB, because he never learns from his mistakes.

But... i think it is kinda funny, those rude behaviors seems okay, i mean he is or will be maybe a rolemodel for mostly boys, why is that okay?

And on the other side people giving way too many fucks when a female rolemodel is a little bit more risky with her fashion.

I don't get it tbh.

Y'all really don't give a f**k, you're just trying to sound woke.

You really think she personally picked him for the song? Obviously not when she wouldn't even do the music video with him.

You think it's a coincidence that the song sounds like a copy and paste of Make Me (Cry)? Her label noticed that it's her most streamed song and are trying to duplicate the sound to get another hit. The LABEL picked him to be on the song to get more streams. She's a 17 year old working on her DEBUT album. New artists don't really have a say in the type of material they release. They're slaves to the label until they prove that they're profitable. Don't blame her for something others are forcing her to do.