We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Highlights: Katy Perry Kicks Off The Witness Tour

Iconic.

If you're having trouble viewing this Stackerdecks post: Click Here

Katy Perry soared on the first night of her Witness Tour.

Perry's had a bit of a rocky year finding her footing with Witness. She cornered herself with a couple of isolating comments about a few fellow pop peers, produced some head-tilting performances and cried on camera about superstardom in a Big Brother-style live-taping. It's been very hit or miss, but one thing's for sure... the Witness Tour is a major highlight.

Perry kicked off her first of her first of the 51-date North American tour at Montreal’s Bell Centre on Tuesday (September 19). It featured dazzling costumes, familiar iconic moments throughout her career and a massive setlist that included the album title track, “Dark Horse,” “Teenage Dream,” “I Kissed A Girl” and show-closer “Firework.” She left the stage in a giant hand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Well done, Katy.

See the full list of songs below and a gallery of show highlights up top.

Thoughts on the opening night of Katy's tour? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I always hit hard on her but it looks really great. She's been so messy this era that this is beyond any of my expectations. Didn't really take time to listen to her vocals and everything but the production looks polished. 

There's something very meta about Katy being accused of knocking off Gaga, and now it looks like Katy's basically knocking off Roisin Murphy (the originator of a chunk of The Fame's looks) with her white-and-black-hat look :whitney:

2 hours ago, Streets said:

There's something very meta about Katy being accused of knocking off Gaga, and now it looks like Katy's basically knocking off Roisin Murphy (the originator of a chunk of The Fame's looks) with her white-and-black-hat look :whitney:

I said this in the other thread too. Katy is trying too hard to be Roisin Murphy this era and its just not working. The childish music doesn't match her outfits. Also, to me Gaga was always more inspired by Roisin Murphy and Grace Jones than Madonna. Roisin Murphy deserves more credit because I dont remember any of these hoes giving her any credit. 

13 hours ago, fredmonac said:

looks like the beginning of the show is inspired by this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mJNrE5-WYE&t=1870s

French artist Mylène Farmer known as the French Madonna, and for her spectacular shows... : just take a look at the intro of the show...!

Did she also steal the hand props? Mylène also sings on a hand and that’s how Katy ends her Witness tour

18 hours ago, iZacaree said:

I think the visuals and production are pretty good, but it seems like such a waste to go all out and have a very eye-catching tour when your album totally flopped.

Britney is living off her prime.

No reason why others can't either. 

Music barely sells which is why we have seen a dwindled of care from many artists. The albums are only shovedd out so they have a reason to tour. That is where the money is at 

48 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney is living off her prime.

No reason why others can't either. 

Music barely sells which is why we have seen a dwindled of care from many artists. The albums are only shovedd out so they have a reason to tour. That is where the money is at 

actually most artists do the album cause  it is the core of an era. the thene, the sounds, the songs.

not brinny. but others, yes.

1 hour ago, it's so much Better said:

actually most artists do the album cause  it is the core of an era. the thene, the sounds, the songs.

not brinny. but others, yes.

I agree but it's to go towards a tour. Which is why I don't think the concept of just releasing single songs would help in the long run. Maybe for certain artists.

It would basically just be a greatest hits show. Which is Britney's weakest production thus far imo

21 hours ago, Mariah Elusive Carey said:

I said this in the other thread too. Katy is trying too hard to be Roisin Murphy this era and its just not working. The childish music doesn't match her outfits. Also, to me Gaga was always more inspired by Roisin Murphy and Grace Jones than Madonna. Roisin Murphy deserves more credit because I dont remember any of these hoes giving her any credit. 

I'm so glad I'm not the only one seeing Roisin!

Most all of Gaga's early eccentric looks were either heavily inspired or just straight up lifted from Roisin. Roisin got a lot of credit in 2008 when the looks were spot on (especially then because she had a little relevancy from the brilliant Overpowered record), and they even had a "feud" where Roisin called her out. Unfortunately tho Roisin just isn't a prominent enough star for the GP to care or notice, and that's why when Gaga knocked off Madonna it got so much attention.

Sidenote, tho, remember when Xtina accused Gaga of knocking her off in 2008 and subsequently damaged her career :dead:

1 minute ago, Streets said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one seeing Roisin!

Most all of Gaga's early eccentric looks were either heavily inspired or just straight up lifted from Roisin. Unfortunately tho Roisin just isn't a prominent enough star for the GP to care or notice, and that's why when Gaga knocked off Madonna it got so much attention.

Sidenote, tho, remember when Xtina accused Gaga of knocking her off in 2008 and subsequently damaged her career :dead:

Yeah especially the fame era. I am pretty sure Gaga watched some Roisin performances and music videos from the overpowered era which inspired fame era outfits and fame monster too. I loved Moloko too. I'm American but always loved european artists and their forwardness with music. 

I remember when Xtina accused Gaga of being a man and it was just odd lol then Xtina flat out was inspired by Gagas fame monster looks in the bionic era and it bit her on the ass.