We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Nicki Minaj Says New Album Will Be “A Billion Times” More Epic Than Previous Material

“I have just been saying whatever the eff I want."

If you're having trouble viewing this Stackerdecks post: Click Here

Nicki Minaj opens up about her forthcoming album.

The rap queen has a seriously sick spread inside Dazed magazine this month. She also drops a couple of bombs about The Pink Print followup, which is music to my ears considering she's spent most of 2017 as a featured artist.

“This era will be a billion times more epic than anything ‘Anaconda’ could have delivered. I think this era will definitely be the most memorable and the most impactful of my career yet,” she tells Dazed. But that’s about all she’s revealing right now.

“I’ve made it my business with this album to not even put a date or a deadline on it. I can’t say if I’m fifty-per-cent, eighty-per-cent or ten-per-cent done, because I don’t know. Tomorrow, I might walk into the studio and decide that I don’t like anything I’ve done in the last six months. Or, tomorrow I might walk in and feel like the whole album is done. There’s so much beauty in not knowing. I just want to go in the studio and create like I used to, before there were any expectations. You know? When I was just having fun, working on my mixtapes, going in and creating… writing my little life.”

There’s also a couple of other gems in the interview, like how she approaches the creative process. “Somebody could send a beat and it triggers something in you. Last night I had that experience. I got a few beats and it triggered something in me that I haven’t felt since Pink Friday. There was something that felt so magic and genuine about what was happening. Every time I think I know what this album is going to sound like, there’s a little magic that happens. It takes me down a different path and shows me something about myself and I just follow it.”

And feeling free to say what she wants. “I have just been saying whatever the eff I want. That’s always a breath of fresh air. Everyone is so filtered these days. I’m just back to being reckless and being a Southside, Jamaica, Queens, New York rapper. You know? I kind of feel like I’ve been having freedom with my look and my music. It doesn’t mean that I won’t go into depth about my experiences on this album."

"I’m going to go even deeper than I went with The Pinkprint, because I have a lot to talk about. Why not? I feel like when your fans wait two years for you to put out another album, it has to be worth it. It has to be an honest exchange of dialogue.”

Are YOU excited for Nicki's new album? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.