We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Macklemore And Kesha Remember The “Good Old Days” On New Collaboration

Live in the moment.

Macklemore and Kesha team up on new song "Good Old Days."

Macklemore's new album Gemini, his first album without producer Ryan Lewis since 2005, arrives on Friday (Sep. 22). He describes it as "not extremely politically motivated or heavily subject- or concept-oriented. I think it's mostly the music that I wanted to hear."

It features a new collaboration with Kesha called "Good Old Days," a dreamy self-aware track about living in the moment.

“I wish somebody would have told me that / Some day, these will be the good old days," Kesha sings over a simple piano melody. "All the love you won't forget / And all these reckless nights you won't regret / Someday soon, your whole life's gonna change / You'll miss the magic of these good old days.”

Macklemore quietly raps about his shaky launch into superstardom. "I was thinking about the band / I was thinking about the fans," he raps, and later "I just wanted my name in a star / Now look at where we at."

Give it a spin below:

Thoughts on Macklemore and Kesha's new tune? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

5 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

@fucknfurter I was just gonna PM you this YouTube link but Jordan made a post, thoughts?:giggleney:

(I'm mobile, so this.... could be tricky, lmao.) I was going to say I'm really not the biggest fan of macklemore, but this really isn't bad. My favorite parts are still kesha's, but their voices compliment one another in this one.

(I also had a weird moment in the bridge where it made me flash back to TIG, lmao.)

What do you think of it?

4 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

(I'm mobile, so this.... could be tricky, lmao.) I was going to say I'm really not the biggest fan of macklemore, but this really isn't bad. My favorite parts are still kesha's, but their voices compliment one another in this one.

(I also had a weird moment in the bridge where it made me flash back to TIG, lmao.)

What do you think of it?

Honestly I love it:idkney: I'm no Mackelmore fan at all, but I love the lyrics (even his) and the voices do go really well like you said, it is awesome. Kesha is just SERVING this year!!