We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Mariah Carey Does The Absolute Most In Her Performance Of “Honey” At VH1’s Hip-Hop Honors

Golden goddess.

Mariah Carey was honored and performed at VH1's “Hip-Hop Honors: The ’90s Game Changers” special.

I don't care that Mariah Carey barely moved during the entire performance of "Honey" with Da Brat, Jermaine Dupri, The Lox & Mase.

Related:
Mariah Carey Is Reportedly Readying A 20th Anniversary ‘Butterfly’ World Tour

I don't care that they pretended to have a fake Mariah traverse down the side of the building or that she was wheeled around on a jet ski or that she sat lip synched in a giant golden helicopter. Mariah is an icon and only love for MY president.

Watch:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

37 minutes ago, Vessel. said:

I wonder why her dancers have to move her :idkney:

That was kinda awkward, but She's still fabulous.

Reminds me that one time when Britney performed on award show with Nicki Minaj,

that was a walk also, but faster. :giggleney:

Were her vocals good at least? I've never followed Mariah, but she doesn't seem like the type of artist who would really need to move around the stage a whole lot, since people presumably just go to hear her sing? Did she previously use to incorporate a lot more choreography and that's why people have been commenting on the lack of movement so much lately? I just assumed she delivers the same kinds of shows as Adele does, where it's all about the vocals. Although to be fair, I've never seen Adele in concert either, so for all I know she is dancing up a storm every night on stage :snapney:

2 hours ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Ouch, this article seemed needlessly cruel. I literally only know a handful of Mariah songs, so I really have absolutely no vested interest in her performing abilities or the state of her career one way or another, but IMO this review crossed over into the realm of semi-unprofessional. I mean, concluding the entire piece by endorsing a tweet which compared her to a lazy dog? There should be some standards in journalism, even when it's critical.

12 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I mean, concluding the entire piece by endorsing a tweet which compared her to a lazy dog?

They need to watch it again, cuz that review must be tweet of a dilettante.

tenor.gif