We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

BTS's Music Video For “DNA” Is An Explosion Of Dance And Color

Recommended Posts

Their new album 'Love Yourself: Her' is out.



South Korean pop group BTS continue global domination with new album Love Yourself: Her, and a vibrant music video for "DNA."



IF you're not familiar with BTS by now, you've been living under a very large rock. The group has a new album out today, and in pre-orders alone it topped a million.

It features 11 songs and two hidden tracks, including the EDM-tinged track "DNA" (no, not their forthcoming collaboration with The Chainsmokers).

No expenses were spared for it; it's a high budget visual jam-packed with vibrant colors and high energy choreography. It racked up more than 10 million views in just a few hours.

Here's some press release jargon describing it: “the video visually represents the lyrics ‘the two of us are connected fatefully from the beginning, and we’re together from DNA,’ through the change of scenes and crossover between virtual reality and the universe.”

Watch below:



Thoughts on the new BTS video? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'M DYING

 

FINALLY THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM TALKS ABOUT KPOP !

 

AAH I'M SO SHOCKED BY THIS

 

anyway they hit number 1 at almost every country they are charting and it's crazy. and their youtube views are no joke . But I didn't like the song and mv since I've been waiting for this so long They should have come back with something like this :

 

 

 

 

special request: please somebody open a general kpop thread so we can talk about our favorite groups/songs. that'd be awesome imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kangin said:

I'M DYING

 

FINALLY THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM TALKS ABOUT KPOP !

 

AAH I'M SO SHOCKED BY THIS

 

anyway they hit number 1 at almost every country they are charting and it's crazy. and their youtube views are no joke . But I didn't like the song and mv since I've been waiting for this so long They should have come back with something like this :

 

 

 

 

special request: please somebody open a general kpop thread so we can talk about our favorite groups/songs. that'd be awesome imo

Yeah see I like these songs better. And my absolute fav:

Fire as well, that's the video that got me into them to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

Yeah see I like these songs better. And my absolute fav:

Fire as well, that's the video that got me into them to begin with.

Yeah this is good as well 

DNA is kinda growing on me but it's still trash and there is too much jungkook in the mv which I hate

I wanna see V more and more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are #1 on 80 countrys right now, their new song/album is just amazing:

 

They have a song with the chainsmokers:

And they're working with Halsey and Charlie XCX:

 

BTS-Charli-XCX.jpg

 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7965995/bts-new-album-love-yourself-her-dna-video

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7968884/the-chainsmokers-social-50-chart-bts-nicki-minaj

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, in what 80 countries are they #1 in? :calculating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTS_discography

K-Pop and J-Pop artists are very talented and I have much respect for their work ethic, but most of them are rather very local to their respective regions and aren't big on a worldwide scale.

That being said, Britney doesn't need to collaborate with anybody. These days her collaborations are just chart pandering or label favors (with the exception of Tom's Diner). I miss back when the featured artists on her tracks actually contributed to the song and weren't just there for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

I'm sorry, in what 80 countries are they #1 in? :calculating:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTS_discography

K-Pop and J-Pop artists are very talented and I have much respect for their work ethic, but most of them are rather very local to their respective regions and aren't big on a worldwide scale.

That being said, Britney doesn't need to collaborate with anybody. These days her collaborations are just chart pandering or label favors (with the exception of Tom's Diner). I miss back when the featured artists on her tracks actually contributed to the song and weren't just there for the sake of it.

BTS locals? lol

DKL9qThW4AE4vsR.jpg

 

 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/19/bts-breaks-k-pop-group-record-mv-views-24-hours/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Antidote said:

BTS locals? lol

Yes, locals. They have a big (or should I say dedicated) fanbase in the West (Twitter, to be more precise, which why they have that BBMA award), but they're nobodies to regular people. They'd do nothing for Britney, except get her dragged by Netizens or whatever they're called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Antidote said:

BTS locals? lol

Ok, I don't want to burst your bubble but...

1) That Billboard Award was voted by fans.

2) iTunes charts aren't necessarily representative of chart domination. Britney went to #1 in many countries too, yet the song still fizzled.

3) Taylor's back to #1. http://kworb.net/ww/

4) That record broken was a K-Pop record. Taylor still holds the VEVO record.

 

Maybe they're much more popular than their peers and contemporaries in K-Pop, but they're not exactly a worldwide act. It would be a reach to say they're that huge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ok, I don't want to burst your bubble but...

1) That Billboard Award was voted by fans.

2) iTunes charts aren't necessarily representative of chart domination. Britney went to #1 in many countries too, yet the song still fizzled.

3) Taylor's back to #1. http://kworb.net/ww/

4) That record broken was a K-Pop record. Taylor still holds the VEVO record.

 

Maybe they're much more popular than their peers and contemporaries in K-Pop, but they're not exactly a worldwide act. It would be a reach to say they're that huge.

 

Worldwide sold shows on US, europe, latin america and of course asia, that's not worldwide for you?

 

Their just released their new album 3 days ago and they aLready sold more than 650 k copies.

 

Right now:

DKC57HRX0AA4vjQ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.