We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

DignifiedLove

The 2000s Belonged to Britney as the 2010s Belong to...?

49 minutes ago, Miguel Alencar said:

Beyoncé is USA only, you ppl are delusional.

and the sold out all stadium Formation World Tour visited Europe too, and yet she's local? :beysip: I may not like all of her antics but girl is a hardworker, she definitely is above Pink this decade (and even the decade before). DIL sold at least over 10M but let's not base their relevance purely on album sales please. Single Ladies was a cultural phenomenon.

36 minutes ago, Miguel Alencar said:

Madonna and Mariah barely had any success in the 00s at all.

Madonna's Music, Confessions on a Dance Floor, and Hard Candy say hi. :madonna:

Mimi's The Emancipation of Mimi and E=MC2 say hi too. :mariahstare:

38 minutes ago, Miguel Alencar said:

Shakira is pretty much a OHW (Hips Don't Lie)

JLo is a  more mediocre version of Beyoncé

I don't know much about the Latina stars impact, maybe @Pedro Dantas can explain this one. :jlostare:

54 minutes ago, Miguel Alencar said:

Madonna and Mariah barely had any success in the 00s at all.

Music, COADF, TEOM and E=MC2 say hi. :mariahstare:

55 minutes ago, Miguel Alencar said:

Shakira is pretty much a OHW (Hips Don't Lie)

WW, UYC, La Tortura, She Wolf, Waka Waka, Loca etc. say hi (globally). HDL is not even her only hit in the US. WW and UYC were also hits in the US and She Wolf and Waka Waka are certified platinum. :mariahstare:

41 minutes ago, Itachi said:

and the sold out all stadium Formation World Tour visited Europe too, and yet she's local? :beysip: I may not like all of her antics but girl is a hardworker, she definitely is above Pink this decade (and even the decade before). DIL sold at least over 10M but let's not base their relevance purely on album sales please. Single Ladies was a cultural phenomenon.

Madonna's Music, Confessions on a Dance Floor, and Hard Candy say hi. :madonna:

Mimi's The Emancipation of Mimi and E=MC2 say hi too. :mariahstare:

I don't know much about the Latina stars impact, maybe @Pedro Dantas can explain this one. :jlostare:

Lmfao that guy's an idiot. :ricackle:

And him, out of all people, had the nerve to come for my list. :mariahstare:

6 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Lmfao that guy's an idiot. :ricackle:

And him, out of all people, had the nerve to come for my list. :mariahstare:

Is he stanning for Pink? I mean Pink is also a great artist, but never had the same impact as Britney, Beyonce, etc. Even Xtincta had more impact imo. There's a reason everybody says Pink is underrated, because she is truly talented but somehow the reach of her stardom doesn't go quite as far as her peers. It's like she's always overshadowed. Even commercially, her first solo #1 single came in 2008, first #1 album was in 2012. She's becoming a touring force though, probably one that can challenge Beyonce on that matter.

8 minutes ago, Itachi said:

Is he stanning for Pink? I mean Pink is also a great artist, but never had the same impact as Britney, Beyonce, etc. Even Xtincta had more impact imo. There's a reason everybody says Pink is underrated, because she is truly talented but somehow the reach of her stardom doesn't go quite as far as her peers. It's like she's always overshadowed. Even commercially, her first solo #1 single came in 2008, first #1 album was in 2012. She's becoming a touring force though, probably one that can challenge Beyonce on that matter.

Well to be fair, "Mizundaztood" was a MASSIVE success and I believe it went 5 or 6x platinum in the U.S. but her she's never been a global force. IDK, she's never struck out to me as someone who's had the appeal that her peers like Brit, Xtina, Bey, Shakira, J.Lo, and even Avril have/had. 

Whoever say Beyonce is a global superstar just because of the Lemonade Tour being sold out, is delusional! One sold out tour doesn't mean sh!t, she is pretty non existent in the Europe and Single Ladies ain't praised as it is in the USA. People on here doesn't care about shaking ass or hard choreo. Also, her latest hit was? Drunk In Love? I would say moderate hit, 'cause Work Bitch was that too yet Britney is still considered irelevant! Poor Beyonce, with all the gimmicks she can't be an undisputed #1! :tiffcackle: The same we can say about Taylor, girl is local but she's the main bitch in the USA! 

In conclusion, Britney was the last impactful bitch!Case Closed! Beyonce is sh!t next to what Britney was back in the day! 

5 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Still, she dominated it but it was just one year. That's like saying Britney was bigger than Celine Dion or Whitney Houston in the 90s.

But the 90s don't even belong to them. Mariah was the top selling artist of the 90s.

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Whoever say Beyonce is a global superstar just because of the Lemonade Tour being sold out, is delusional! One sold out tour doesn't mean sh!t, she is pretty non existent in the Europe and Single Ladies ain't praised as it is in the USA. People on here doesn't care about shaking ass or hard choreo. Also, her latest hit was? Drunk In Love? I would say moderate hit, 'cause Work Bitch was that too yet Britney is still considered irelevant! Poor Beyonce, with all the gimmicks she can't be an undisputed #1! :tiffcackle: The same we can say about Taylor, girl is local but she's the main bitch in the USA! 

In conclusion, Britney was the last impactful bitch!Case Closed! Beyonce is sh!t next to what Britney was back in the day! 

Britney's peak and popularity level will NEVER be duplicated, we can all agree but Beyonce is the biggest pop star in the world at the moment. She chooses to live a private life which is why you may not hear her all over the press like with Britney but you don't just sell out a tour in 22 seconds or break an Instagram record for nothing. She has two of the highest-grossing tours making her the biggest female touring artist this decade. She had the biggest selling album for a female released in 2016 and had one of the fastest selling albums of all time in 2013 with self-titled. Performed and headlined at the SUPERBOWL twice this decade. She's taken countless risks and ended up on top because she knows she can.  Her performances, stage-shows, and videos have moved millions. Lemonade became a cultural phenomenon and has redefined the future of music. I am not a Beyonce fan, but there is absolutely no excuse for you to deny her impact in 2017. Stay in the past because that's what some of you deluded Brit-tards only know how to do. 

6 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Lady Gaga came on 2008 and only became a huge name in 09, #2 belongs to Xtina :mattafact:

Yeah so? Britney  came in in 98-99 and also dominates the 90's. :wyd:

7 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Britney's peak and popularity level will NEVER be duplicated, we can all agree but Beyonce is the biggest pop star in the world at the moment. She chooses to live a private life which is why you may not hear her all over the press like with Britney but you don't just sell out a tour in 22 seconds or break an Instagram record for nothing. She has two of the highest-grossing tours making her the biggest female touring artist this decade. She had the biggest selling album for a female released in 2016 and had one of the fastest selling albums of all time in 2013 with self-titled. Performed and headlined at the SUPERBOWL twice this decade. She's taken countless risks and ended up on top because she knows she can.  Her performances, stage-shows, and videos have moved millions. Lemonade became a cultural phenomenon and has redefined the future of music. I am not a Beyonce fan, but there is absolutely no excuse for you to deny her impact in 2017. Stay in the past because that's what some of you deluded Brit-tards only know how to do. 

if you're going to use arguments about sales to justify Beyoncé's high ranking then u might as well consider Adele, Taylor Swift and Rihanna because all 3 had much more commercial success than her this decade, especially the first 2. putting her at #4 or #5 seems very fair.

17 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

HDL isn't Shakira's only hit (far from it) and JLo and Yonce's only similarity is that they both dance and have big butts. That's my explanation. :mariahstare:

:uknowit:

wasn't it HDL was also one of the biggest selling songs of last decade. and saying that she's a one hit wonder is a :wyd:. Laundry Service had big hits, not #1 in the US, but they were still big.

I'd say Rihanna is number 1, I just think she's the most consistent and she is influential as well. Huge hit maker. Her greatest hits record will be one of the best. 

Adele second because her sales eclipse everyone else's. She effortlessly shat on Britney's first week records that Taylor Swift desperately tried to break. She marched our girls debut album sales that we brag about. That's amazing for these days.

Then Lady Gaga, she was very influential, in a fad way but everyone turned outrageous in their image. Rhianna did quirky and that caught on but Gaga took that at turned it up to 10 but she was short lived so... 

Then Beyonce, yes she took credit for inventing the surprise visual album thing although Bowie slayed with it not long before, but she did it and it worked and it slayed and really revived her stale at the time by her standards career. The pop world went insane, and she did it again with Lemonade and getting in on the social injustices at the time. She made a huge mark on pop culture, love her or hate her. 

call me a "brit-tard" but there really hasnt been anyone since britney that i can think of that dominated how she did. not just saying this because britney was amazing, but just the landscape of the music industry back in the 00s was ripe for someone like her to just overtake everything. she was everywhere, she dominated the charts, had people talking non-stop. with the illegal downloading of music, the availability of performances/videos online everywhere you look, theres a lot less suspense and buzz around these things. its a lot harder to stay relevant and top of mind these days. sure, artists have been very popular since the height of her career, but theres not really one single artist that has claimed the decade so far. rihanna has been pretty consistent, Gaga had a couple years, katy, taylor, beyonce pops up here and there, but i really dont see any of them claiming the decade.

5 hours ago, Itachi said:

:uknowit:

wasn't it HDL was also one of the biggest selling songs of last decade. and saying that she's a one hit wonder is a :wyd:. Laundry Service had big hits, not #1 in the US, but they were still big.

True. HDL was the biggest song of 2006 WW and spent 16 weeks at #1 in the WW chart (a record at the time, beating Madonna's Hung Up). Whenever Wherever was the biggest song of 2002 WW and UYC was the 6th biggest. Laundry Service sold over 3 million in the US (over 16 million album equivalents WW), so clearly she is NOT a one hit wonder. Waka Waka was huge back in the day (Platinum in the US where it wasn't as big), still gets over 1M views on YT daily and it's become the AIWFC of the World Cup. La Tortura was the 5th biggest song of 2005 WW and was the first spanish song performed at the VMAs. She Wolf (song) was #2 WW (#21 on year-end) and has sold over 1 812 000 units in the US. SES has old almost 4 million album equivalents without US support or being released in the UK. She's a streaimg force and the biggest latina singer. So, @Miguel Alencar, she is NOT a one-hit wonder by any mean.

32 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

True. HDL was the biggest song of 2006 WW and spent 16 weeks at #1 in the WW chart (a record at the time, beating Madonna's Hung Up). Whenever Wherever was the biggest song of 2002 WW and UYC was the 6th biggest. Laundry Service sold over 3 million in the US (over 16 million album equivalents WW), so clearly she is NOT a one hit wonder. Waka Waka was huge back in the day (Platinum in the US where it wasn't as big), still gets over 1M views on YT daily and it's become the AIWFC of the World Cup. La Tortura was the 5th biggest song of 2005 WW and was the first spanish song performed at the VMAs. She Wolf (song) was #2 WW (#21 on year-end) and has sold over 1 812 000 units in the US. SES has old almost 4 million album equivalents without US support or being released in the UK. She's a streaimg force and the biggest latina singer. So, @Miguel Alencar, she is NOT a one-hit wonder by any mean.

omg i'm living for all these teas served. educate ha!

Resulta ng larawan para sa christina aguilera preach gif