We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ATWK

What is IT?

5 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I've been hearing so much about IT and everyone keeps sharing that clown doing the splits on Twitter but I don't know what it actually is. Is it good? Should I watch it?

:ponderney:

IT is originally a book written by horror master Stephen King. It had an adaption made in like, 1990 (or 1991) that was a television miniseries, but: Stephen's REALLY twisted, and it did air on a family friendly-ish network, so it wasn't faithful to the novel. This new one is more faithful than the miniseries, but still cuts out the really twisted parts. (Tbh, it's a good thing.) I haven't seen it myself -- I meant to, but I've been sick all weekend -- so I don't know how it is, but my best friend who is a horror buff like myself and knows how much I love IT has seen it twice and the first thing she said to me when she saw it the first time was, "YOU NEED TO GO SEE THE MOVIE. RIGHT NOW." So.

Yes. As long as you can handle horror and clowns.

7 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

IT is originally a book written by horror master Stephen King. It had an adaption made in like, 1990 (or 1991) that was a television miniseries, but: Stephen's REALLY twisted, and it did air on a family friendly-ish network, so it wasn't faithful to the novel. This new one is more faithful than the miniseries, but still cuts out the really twisted parts. (Tbh, it's a good thing.) I haven't seen it myself -- I meant to, but I've been sick all weekend -- so I don't know how it is, but my best friend who is a horror buff like myself and knows how much I love IT has seen it twice and the first thing she said to me when she saw it the first time was, "YOU NEED TO GO SEE THE MOVIE. RIGHT NOW." So.

Thanks. :)

Not the biggest fan of horror or clowns, but I might give it a try.

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Thanks. :)

Not the biggest fan of horror or clowns, but I might give it a try.

It's not even a clown, it's some kind of demonic thing that feeds on fear. It just assumes the form of whatever you're scared of. And yes, like @fucknfurter said, the book is all kinds of fucked up. I personally wasn't a fan of the 90s version but I'm seeing the new movie this weekend.

41 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's not even a clown, it's some kind of demonic thing that feeds on fear. It just assumes the form of whatever you're scared of. And yes, like @fucknfurter said, the book is all kinds of fucked up. I personally wasn't a fan of the 90s version but I'm seeing the new movie this weekend.

Yeah, it's-- an Eldritch Abomination that is from outer space, but I was gonna keep it light, lmfao. :hahayea:

21 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

The mini-series is actually pretty faithful. It just takes out the brutality of the murders, the 7-way kid orgy, and the cosmic nature of Pennywise. The same stuff this new movie takes out.

6 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The mini-series is actually pretty faithful. It just takes out the brutality of the murders, the 7-way kid orgy, and the cosmic nature of Pennywise. The same stuff this new movie takes out.

True-- I meant a little more in terms of how Pennywise is described, because he's supposed to be like, towering over people in a silver clown suit and with the wig I think Bill is wearing and everything being a little more watered down for network television. (But I know even that look isn't entirely right in the first's case either, so.) I didn't realize the new one also took out him being an interdimensional being, though.

16 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I hate clowns and horror, but have been tempted to get the book. It's super long though, is it really scary reading it? 

Im such a big baby:embarrassney:

It's scary, yes, and also twisted, like we've said. Britton touched on one of the twisted parts. There's also some other stuff; with Stephen (and Clive Barker, too), the twisted stuff tends to stay with me longer. I don't know how everyone else is. But it's also a really, really good horror book, and worth the read if you have the time.

4 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

True-- I meant a little more in terms of how Pennywise is described, because he's supposed to be like, towering over people in a silver clown suit and with the wig I think Bill is wearing and everything being a little more watered down for network television. (But I know even that look isn't entirely right in the first's case either, so.) I didn't realize the new one also took out him being an interdimensional being, though.

They might put it all in the sequel, but they even took out the Deadlights, I believe. Which at least the mini-series had.

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

They might put it all in the sequel, but they even took out the Deadlights, I believe. Which at least the mini-series had.

They took out the Deadlights? :watrusayin: So they really did just turn him into a demon clown from Hell, then. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

They took out the Deadlights? :watrusayin: So they really did just turn him into a demon clown from Hell, then. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Pretty much. But as I said, many people think they're going to save all of the Elder God magic stuff for the sequel, since the adults are boring as sh!t compared to their kid selves. :yaknow: 

6 minutes ago, dancewithme said:

hahaha Madonna should have been an awful wife then

Or He might be crappy gentleman :calculating: considering that They had produced a son.