We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

zone

Anastacia - Evolution New Album is out now

3 hours ago, BattleBoy said:

I need to make time for it tbh, i'm obsessed with other songs and albums right now but definitely need to hear this one.

Which albums u are obsessed atm?

29 minutes ago, zone said:

Which albums u are obsessed atm?

some older ones :p Lily Allen - It's not me, it's you, Tom Odell - Wrong Crowd, Nelly Furtado - The Ride and The Script - Freedom Child just came out, just to name a few.

And the song Legends Never Die is on repeat now non-stop, it's very hyping for a game that I play.

But Evolution soon, I promise :) 

20 hours ago, BattleBoy said:

some older ones :p Lily Allen - It's not me, it's you, Tom Odell - Wrong Crowd, Nelly Furtado - The Ride and The Script - Freedom Child just came out, just to name a few.

And the song Legends Never Die is on repeat now non-stop, it's very hyping for a game that I play.

But Evolution soon, I promise :) 

From all of these i heard only nelly furtado the ride, not bad not her best album :) i really like sticks and stones, Phoenix and flatline tho

On 2017.09.17. at 6:43 PM, zone said:

From all of these i heard only nelly furtado the ride, not bad not her best album :) i really like sticks and stones, Phoenix and flatline tho

Phoenix is the only song I didn't like on that album. Most of the album is really quite unique and interesting both production and songwriting wise meanwhile Phoenix is such a tired and overused cliche metaphor I just couldn't... She could've brought the Phoenix metaphor in a new and interesting way but she literally sings "Like a Phoenix... Rising from the ashes." HOW CHEESY IS THAT? :awww: 

On 2017.09.17. at 6:41 PM, zone said:

Its a good album, listen and tell me your review

It's not bad, it's not good, it's slightly above average I guess. I listened to it 3 times and I couldn't hum a single melody or quote a single lyric from the album. It's kinda forgettable. Not bad, but nothing groundbreaking. :awww:

6 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Phoenix is the only song I didn't like on that album. Most of the album is really quite unique and interesting both production and songwriting wise meanwhile Phoenix is such a tired and overused cliche metaphor I just couldn't... She could've brought the Phoenix metaphor in a new and interesting way but she literally sings "Like a Phoenix... Rising from the ashes." HOW CHEESY IS THAT? :awww: 

Haha i dont know, it relaxes me so much

15 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

It's not bad, it's not good, it's slightly above average I guess. I listened to it 3 times and I couldn't hum a single melody or quote a single lyric from the album. It's kinda forgettable. Not bad, but nothing groundbreaking. :awww:

Yeah not the best album out there but it has some good tunes its a grower,

boxer, before, not coming down and nobody loves me better are still an the top of my playlist

On ‎21‎.‎9‎.‎2017 at 4:59 AM, zone said:

Yeah not the best album out there but it has some good tunes its a grower,

boxer, before, not coming down and nobody loves me better are still an the top of my playlist

Gonna take your word for it, it was also kinda average for me, I guess i'm gonna come back to these songs whenever I need motivation and feel crappy, they're really good for that.

ı've just heard the album and ı've really liked it.ı don't have a favorite yet but ı really like before and pain, especially pain.ı died everytime she said "ı", "cause ııı can feel your pain, and ııı know you're not to blame"...it reminded me of how ı love the way she says "ı" in pieces of a dream, it's my fave ana song btw.caught in the middle reminded me of my current situation with a guy.:decisions:my least favorite is probably my everything, ı cringed when she said "my god you're my everything", maybe it's because ı don't believe in god.ı would like it more if she said "my love, you're my everything" or something.ı will pretend that this song is about a man, like ı do with hold on tight.

4 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

ı've just heard the album and ı've really liked it.ı don't have a favorite yet but ı really like before and pain, especially pain.ı died everytime she said "ı", "cause ııı can feel your pain, and ııı know you're not to blame"...it reminded me of how ı love the way she says "ı" in pieces of a dream, it's my fave ana song btw.caught in the middle reminded me of my current situation with a guy.:decisions:my least favorite is probably my everything, ı cringed when she said "my god you're my everything", maybe it's because ı don't believe in god.ı would like it more if she said "my love, you're my everything" or something.ı will pretend that this song is about a man, like ı do with hold on tight.

Yeah her voice is so unique and she deserves more recognition 

2 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

ohw! you remember my big love for the queen anastacia :urite:

I think it's a great album, of course is not (in my opinion) on the same level of Anastacia or Resurrection but that's because at the time she sang all her pain in her songs, i mean the lyrics were sooo deep and amazing, right now she is happy, she loves life and that's what i can hear in her songs. I can't find great lyrics but as i said, that's ok, that's a positive album! And i loved the "Evolution" concept, i think that she called the album like that because in this cd you can hear all her evolution, you can find sounds of her old music (not that kind/freak of nature), you can find her sprock music (anastacia), you can find her dance sounds (heavy rotation), her ballads (resurrection), it's likee a mix of her career... an evolution! i just don't like Nobody Loves Me Better, i don't know why. But Boxer, Not Coming Down, Reckless, Higher Living... my god, I LOVE THEM!

I was a big fan of Anastacia while still living in Europe (in the early-mid 2000's). I loved her first three albums, particularly her self-titled one. But the last single I remember was "Pieces of a Dream"; after moving to the US in 2008, I never heard of her music again, and despite having previously been a fan, I just don't keep up with the vast majority of singers (or any Homo sapiens for that matter). :Lshark:

Upon seeing this thread, however, I looked up her discography and saw she's released multiple albums spanning from late 2008-present. I'm partially really curious to listen to them given what a big fan I used to be, but considering it's been nearly a decade since I last listened to her music, I'm kind of afraid there will have been a distinct decline in quality over time (which I feel is nearly inevitable in pop music), and I'll thusly be disappointed. (Yes, I realize that as far as personality traits are concerned, "optimist" has never been a quality I've been associated with). :selenerz:

With that said, I'll probably peruse through some credible critics' reviews before deciding whether or not to give her newest album a chance. :snooptoya:

8 hours ago, CriminalLegend said:

ohw! you remember my big love for the queen anastacia :urite:

I think it's a great album, of course is not (in my opinion) on the same level of Anastacia or Resurrection but that's because at the time she sang all her pain in her songs, i mean the lyrics were sooo deep and amazing, right now she is happy, she loves life and that's what i can hear in her songs. I can't find great lyrics but as i said, that's ok, that's a positive album! And i loved the "Evolution" concept, i think that she called the album like that because in this cd you can hear all her evolution, you can find sounds of her old music (not that kind/freak of nature), you can find her sprock music (anastacia), you can find her dance sounds (heavy rotation), her ballads (resurrection), it's likee a mix of her career... an evolution! i just don't like Nobody Loves Me Better, i don't know why. But Boxer, Not Coming Down, Reckless, Higher Living... my god, I LOVE THEM!

I agree, it's like a mixture of her other albums and ı love it.anastacia and resurrection are my faves (especially anastacia) and evolution comes right after them.

7 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I was a big fan of Anastacia while still living in Europe (in the early-mid 2000's). I loved her first three albums, particularly her self-titled one. But the last single I remember was "Pieces of a Dream"; after moving to the US in 2008, I never heard of her music again, and despite having previously been a fan, I just don't keep up with the vast majority of singers (or any Homo sapiens for that matter). :Lshark:

Upon seeing this thread, however, I looked up her discography and saw she's released multiple albums spanning from late 2008-present. I'm partially really curious to listen to them given what a big fan I used to be, but considering it's been nearly a decade since I last listened to her music, I'm kind of afraid there will have been a distinct decline in quality over time (which I feel is nearly inevitable in pop music), and I'll thusly be disappointed. (Yes, I realize that as far as personality traits are concerned, "optimist" has never been a quality I've been associated with). :selenerz:

With that said, I'll probably peruse through some credible critics' reviews before deciding whether or not to give her newest album a chance. :snooptoya:

You may not like heavy rotation because ı think it's her weakest album but it's not that bad.ı still listen to it because ana makes every song listenable.you should listen to resurrection and evolution tho.resurrection is really good.