We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Miley Cyrus Performs “Melancholy” Version Of “Party In The USA” Because It’s A “Sad USA”

Idc if it flops. Miley is my favorite singer behind Britney and I love how she can take any kind of sound and make it into something different and unique each time. She managed to make an amazing hip hop/urban pop album, Bangerz, a great alternative urban album, Dead Petz, and now a modern country album. Whatever she sets her mind to she does. 

2 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

Idc if it flops. Miley is my favorite singer behind Britney and I love how she can take any kind of sound and make it into something different and unique each time. She managed to make an amazing hip hop/urban pop album, Bangerz, a great alternative urban album, Dead Petz, and now a modern country album. Whatever she sets her mind to she does. 

:makesomenoise: Yes she does what she wants!! Its like Kesha; being real and true to yourself and who gives a sh!t about a #1 spot as long as they make music they love and cherish.

I'm glad her ass got dragged earlier this year for those comments that she made about hip hop

Now she can't go back to taking from hip hop/ black culture

Got to find another culture to steal from girl LOL

4 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

I'm glad her ass got dragged earlier this year for those comments that she made about hip hop

Now she can't go back to taking from hip hop/ black culture

Got to find another culture to steal from girl LOL

I mean you can argue that Britney has appropriated Japanese and Indian culture. But she did that when the internet didn’t freak out about that kind of stuff.

2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I mean you can argue that Britney has appropriated Japanese and Indian culture. But she did that when the internet didn’t freak out about that kind of stuff.

lucky for Britney 

7 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Pop music in general is culturally appropriative. It's just something that's always been that.

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

lucky for Britney 

Well it just shows that people really don’t care about that type of stuff, websites like BuzzFeed just like to create outrage over those types of things 

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Pop music in general is culturally appropriative. It's just something that's always been that.

I know, I don’t care about appropriation and I roll my eyes when I see articles about it lol. If you’re influenced by another culture, good for you.

Just now, danny1994 said:

Well it just shows that people really don’t care about that type of stuff, websites like BuzzFeed just like to create outrage over those types of things 

People just weren't paying attention to these type of things due to whatever was going on in the world

Because of whats going on now more folks are paying attention and calling, though there was always folks calling these things out before the rest followed

Just now, danny1994 said:

I know, I don’t care about appropriation and I roll my eyes when I see articles about it lol. If you’re influenced by another culture, good for you.

To each their own. For example, I find it offensive when people want to dress as a Native American with a bullet through their heads for Halloween. But Britney doing a Bollywood inspired number on tour? No. She's not disrespecting Indian culture in my opinion, she's embracing it.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

To each their own. For example, I find it offensive when people want to dress as a Native American with a bullet through their heads for Halloween. But Britney doing a Bollywood inspired number on tour? No. She's not disrespecting Indian culture in my opinion, she's embracing it.

I agree, certain things cross the line. But I think people are too easily offended sometimes.

Like imagine if she did that MATM performance today, some people would probably have an issue with it.

14 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I agree, certain things cross the line. But I think people are too easily offended sometimes.

Like imagine if she did that MATM performance today, some people would probably have an issue with it.

I think that's part of the reason why pop culture is so boring now. Everyone is playing it so safe because they don't want to offend the online SJWs.

3 hours ago, ChosenSparkles said:

I hope Miley gets the #1 spot in its debut week. I don't want Demi's fake ass music to snatch the spot

Are they releasing the same week? 

On 17/9/2017 at 8:10 AM, Miguel Alencar said:

THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED IN THIS YEAR, MY 12 YEARS OLD SELF IS SHAKING, HANNAH IS REALLY BACK :otears:

I-C-O-N-I-C PERFORMANCE

And the Britney song was on!!

I still smile whenever I hear this lyric

7 hours ago, danny1994 said:

I'd say cultural appropriation is when someone appropriates another culture but has a disdain for the people and the culture. For example, imagine some white guy who dresses up "black", acts "black" and all that, but actually hates black people, has no respect for the culture, is against movements like BLM and uses the n-word. In my opinion, that is cultural appropriation. Wearing a kimono because you're interested in Japanese culture (and actually like Japanese people) isn't. I wouldn't say Miley fits the first description. She supports BLM, has never shown instances of racism, etc. Someone like Jake Paul or @whoavicky from Twitter is a perfect example of cultural appropriation. Just my opinion...

25 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I'd say cultural appropriation is when someone appropriates another culture but has a disdain for the people and the culture. For example, imagine some white guy who dresses up "black", acts "black" and all that, but actually hates black people, has no respect for the culture, is against movements like BLM and uses the n-word. In my opinion, that is cultural appropriation. Wearing a kimono because you're interested in Japanese culture (and actually like Japanese people) isn't. I wouldn't say Miley fits the first description. She supports BLM, has never shown instances of racism, etc. Someone like Jake Paul or @whoavicky from Twitter is a perfect example of cultural appropriation. Just my opinion...

I agree, maybe she could’ve phrased her thoughts differently I don’t think she meant any offense.