We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

sarahbbyy

Does she need a better label or does it not matter?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

After Glory,i saw something strange about her.Glory was one of her best works,yet her biggest failure.(not the quality).This got me thinking a lot.

Her hot mama,blonde with great abs,cool songs,looking mentally stabile image doesn't work anymore.She needs a new PR team first.The rest will be solved after it.

This. It hasn't worked in awhile and that image is getting old. No one cares how good she looks or how sexy her songs are. And despite popular opinion, I believe original MM video wouldn't have saved this era because her sexy image is played. She has no exciting angle anymore. She's the pop star who doesn't sing and doesn't dance and mostly has ppl think she's still crazy. They need to reinvent her. and I think it could be the label, as they normally bring in the Creative teams. But RCA has a lot of successful artists who are doing great. So it seems maybe Britney just doesn't want to grow as an artist. Because she could be doing so much more. Like someone said why not do IG stories of your favorite songs, inspiration behind songs, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She just needs a better team. A lot of celebrities act like Britney but they got great PR people that work around the clock to make them look good. She doesn't hate her job, she's just bored of her team. Larry is like mr safe and it probably annoys her. I mean the producers and songwriters talk about how enthusiastic and dedicated she is when working. Her team just treats her like a baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

This. It hasn't worked in awhile and that image is getting old. No one cares how good she looks or how sexy her songs are. And despite popular opinion, I believe original MM video wouldn't have saved this era because her sexy image is played. She has no exciting angle anymore. She's the pop star who doesn't sing and doesn't dance and mostly has ppl think she's still crazy. They need to reinvent her. and I think it could be the label, as they normally bring in the Creative teams. But RCA has a lot of successful artists who are doing great. So it seems maybe Britney just doesn't want to grow as an artist. Because she could be doing so much more. Like someone said why not do IG stories of your favorite songs, inspiration behind songs, etc.

You think that but I remember during the beginning of the Glory era, everyone around me was complimenting how sexy and good looking she was. I was in the car with a co worker and Make Me was on and she said "have you guys seen the video? She looks great!" And even people here posted comments from the internet  that was complimenting how Britney was looking great and shape. Just because people aren't talking about her 24/7 doesn't mean she's forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

You think that but I remember during the beginning of the Glory era, everyone around me was complimenting how sexy and good looking she was. I was in the car with a co worker and Make Me was on and she said "have you guys seen the video? She looks great!" And even people here posted comments from the internet  that was complimenting how Britney was looking great and shape. Just because people aren't talking about her 24/7 doesn't mean she's forgotten. 

What are you talking about? I didn't say she was being forgotten. I said her simply having a sexy image isn't helping her in any aspect and that she needs a better angle. The current state of her career shows that. Her looking good and having a great body isn't a factor for her success anymore, like other ppl seem to think it is. Case in point was this era where she looks amazing and had sexy songs and no one seemed to care after awhile. She isn't on the tip of anyone's tongue just because she looks good. She needs a new image that doesn't just focus on that but her artistry is what I'm saying. Because her simply looking good to ppl isn't translating to sales or streams or industry respect or anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney as an artist really frustrates me these days.

She claims she's involved and hands on but we literally get Femme Fatale level promotion with the "I wish I was in Hawaii" face and mannerisms. She doesn't have to whore herself out to the public, but damn.. a little enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

"My album is chill, not so poppy, very cool, urban, faded."

Britney what are your favorite songs on the new album?

"I like Make Me because it's cool and I knew I wanted it to be the lead single".

Like, bye gerl. :girlwhat: I know she's said she has a problem with saying NO, but I don't understand why she and her team hype so much up only to scrap and disappoint the fanbase when the time comes. Are they trying to sabotage her on purpose? Idgi.

I mean, tbf, Britney's always been this way when talking about her music. The, "so, uhm, yeah" and "I like it, it's really chill/really poppy/really urban" replies aren't a new thing; she's been answering that way since Primeney years.

But I get you, I do. And I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fucknfurter said:

I mean, tbf, Britney's always been this way when talking about her music. The, "so, uhm, yeah" and "I like it, it's really chill/really poppy/really urban" replies aren't a new thing; she's been answering that way since Primeney years.

But I get you, I do. And I agree.

Yeah even her most passionate work, she's spoken like that, she probably just gets nervous during interviews and doesn't know what to other words to say. :mattafact: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

This. It hasn't worked in awhile and that image is getting old. No one cares how good she looks or how sexy her songs are. And despite popular opinion, I believe original MM video wouldn't have saved this era because her sexy image is played. She has no exciting angle anymore. She's the pop star who doesn't sing and doesn't dance and mostly has ppl think she's still crazy. They need to reinvent her. and I think it could be the label, as they normally bring in the Creative teams. But RCA has a lot of successful artists who are doing great. So it seems maybe Britney just doesn't want to grow as an artist. Because she could be doing so much more. Like someone said why not do IG stories of your favorite songs, inspiration behind songs, etc.

I think Make Me video would have helped..Make Me numbers would be higher but in general it's hard to imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

I think Make Me video would have helped..Make Me numbers would be higher but in general it's hard to imagine.

I think a better video would have helped promotion which would have helped the song. But would it have done better just because it was sexy and she was dancing with hot men? I don't really think so. Britney has a million videos that are sexy... it seems in general, ppl don't really care about that stuff anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she is actually the most free career wise as she almost ever been. 

Which is why she doesn't do anything and isn't driven.

My receipts...Andre. He said she wanted to be lazy but he pushed her and Circus video is her last almost prime choreo and delivery we got. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think even if she was the laziest person ever and she was totally uninterested in her career, if the record label was smart and really saw her and treated her as a great business, they would find the way to promote her music even without Britney being part of it: deals with brands like Pepsi or any other that would play one of her songs in some ad or something, sending the songs to the radio as official singles and not just for testing like they did with Britney Jean, even making animated videos as a desperate resource lol they could do a Discovery kind of album, or at the very least submit the lyric videos to her VEVO channel for all of the album tracks.

Yeah, Britney's attitude is a big factor, but I'm also kinda impressed (not really) that this executive was talking wonders of Glory prior to its release, stating it had 4 or 5 hit material tracks, only to give up after the first failure, that wasn't even that bad (MM). Despite the atrocious videoclip, the audio got a lot of views, the song charted at #17 or so, they tried so hard to make that VMA's remix happen, which was totally wrong, but at least we could see they were really pushing for MM, like they knew it was a mistake to release it as the lead single but they were still playing their role. But by the time Slumber Party came out, they couldn't even release it as a proper single, and just replaced it on the digital platforms, and it was like, seriously? :girlwhat: Sometimes I think they weren't happy with Britney's choices for the singles, but then why didn't they promote the tracks they believed would be hits, by themselves, wtihout Britney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course she needs to change her attitude, that's for sure, but a better team would make a huge difference aswell. To me it's very clear that they just don't do a good job because even the promo where she doesn't need to participate is messy, besides, I'm sure that the right people would know how to "push" Britney in a way to make her feel willing to make an effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think even if she was the laziest person ever and she was totally uninterested in her career, if the record label was smart and really saw her and treated her as a great business, they would find the way to promote her music even without Britney being part of it: deals with brands like Pepsi or any other that would play one of her songs in some ad or something, sending the songs to the radio as official singles and not just for testing like they did with Britney Jean, even making animated videos as a desperate resource lol they could do a Discovery kind of album, or at the very least submit the lyric videos to her VEVO channel for all of the album tracks.

Yeah, Britney's attitude is a big factor, but I'm also kinda impressed (not really) that this executive was talking wonders of Glory prior to its release, stating it had 4 or 5 hit material tracks, only to give up after the first failure, that wasn't even that bad (MM). Despite the atrocious videoclip, the audio got a lot of views, the song charted at #17 or so, they tried so hard to make that VMA's remix happen, which was totally wrong, but at least we could see they were really pushing for MM, like they knew it was a mistake to release it as the lead single but they were still playing their role. But by the time Slumber Party came out, they couldn't even release it as a proper single, and just replaced it on the digital platforms, and it was like, seriously? :girlwhat: Sometimes I think they weren't happy with Britney's choices for the singles, but then why didn't they promote the tracks they believed would be hits, by themselves, wtihout Britney?

I wouldn't waste my time and money on her, when there are other artists willing to try and will sell much more than Britney. 

We will see the budget cut next era. It will be noticed. 

Britney is the selling point of her career. I love the music but it wouldn't half been half of a success if Britney didn't sell herself in her prime

Notes she needs a new team but it wouldn't be as huge of change as we think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.