We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Kelly Clarkson Disliked Dr. Luke So Much She Refused A Writing Credit On “My Life Would Suck Without You”

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I wish Britney would speak about her experiences with him. They must have been good bc she worked with him on 3 albums.

As if Britney would say anything if it weren't a good experience. Remember: "I'm a people pleaser." :gross:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I wish Britney would speak about her experiences with him. They must have been good bc she worked with him on 3 albums.

I highly doubt that he would be anything but nice to Britney. She wasn't a new artist, she was a megastar and very protected

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

I highly doubt that he would be anything but nice to Britney. She wasn't a new artist, she was a megastar and very protected

Plus Britney always had her bodyguard with her. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he randomly come out during the FF era and try to steal credit for working on Blackout... or was that actually true? 

Anyway, luckily Kelly will never have to put up with his sh!t again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

It's a little sad that she waited until her album needed promo to discuss this. 

Probably has to do with the fact she has signed to a new label to release this album, plus she did call him out on twitter when the whole Kesha saga broke.

I love kelly so much! She's second to Britney for me. She seems like such a genuinely nice and easy going person. I don't see her saying something bad about someone unless she was 100% positive. It's sad to think they first worked together in 2003/4 and he was even as ass back then 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Kelly not having her name on writing credits is about principle! Even on My December, Clive Davis offered her something like $5million to record some "hit" songs of his choosing (including Lindsay Lohans "Black Hole") and she refused. She's never been about the money. She never wanted to be a "pop star" as such. She's an artist. An artist that a label held back from showing her full potential, like making her work with Luke just for a "hit"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trentals said:

And Kelly not having her name on writing credits is about principle! Even on My December, Clive Davis offered her something like $5million to record some "hit" songs of his choosing (including Lindsay Lohans "Black Hole") and she refused. She's never been about the money. She never wanted to be a "pop star" as such. She's an artist. An artist that a label held back from showing her full potential, like making her work with Luke just for a "hit"

The thing is, that those recordlabelbosses really think they know everything. The truth is no one can tell if it is a hit or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, falka said:

She could send that money to charity :ponderney: not to that one person so disliked by her. 

I can't grasp this whole case.
 

That's not how it works, it's not that easy. 

1) When celebs get money in order to give it to a charity, it's meaningful when the action is connected to the charity. Here what has the charity to do with "keeping my name next to a person I hate to work with, I was forced to work with, in order to give money to the people in need..." makes no sense.

2) Clarkson's fourth album, All I Ever Wanted, was released on March 10, 2009. (wiki) then Kesha had her story known years later. So it's not related actually. Kelly doesn't mind talking about him in a bad way because she didn't like the way things happened while working with him, but it's not only a Kesha story, it wouldn't have been to support Kesha back in 2009.

3) When you are rich as F I don't see why you would still manage to (kind of) do you best while working on a project you're forced into, then to make the money a charity thing. Credits are about merit and money, she couldn't care less because that song is bad memories for her, so when she has money to donate she's not wanting for a Dr Luke forced collab I guess...

4) Almost unrelated but your comment of course made me think about Brit, when she sold her kids image to a mag, to give the money to charity. Charity or not, you're still doing something questionable in order to have a positive impact, as a whole I personally don't find it to be wise. And rich as she is/were, I don't see the point, again...

 

17 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

It's a little sad that she waited until her album needed promo to discuss this. 

Remember she changed her record deal, so I guess she just couldn't say whatever she wanted before. Also here, she didn't bring the subject. 

 

16 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

I feel kinda bad that her Dr. luke songs are some of my favorites of hers :embarrassed: 

exactly my thoughts when I hate an artist but love the music... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MissDarcy said:

That's not how it works, it's not that easy. 

 

I know. 

Imagine refuse to get paid for a job U hated to do. :girlwhat:

27 minutes ago, MissDarcy said:

1) When celebs get money in order to give it to a charity, it's meaningful when the action is connected to the charity. Here what has the charity to do with "keeping my name next to a person I hate to work with, I was forced to work with, in order to give money to the people in need..." makes no sense.

What is a point of taking credit in fame coins  but not in regular money?

Why She was silent? Waiting till someone else be hurt? 

Oh, Beyonce is a real Robin Hood, She took writing credits and cash and than ;"Huston, do not worry."  She didn't mention which songs paid for donation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

As if Britney would say anything if it weren't a good experience. Remember: "I'm a people pleaser." :gross:

Did Britney ever meet Dr. Luke? She has no writingcredits on his Britneyproduced songs (except Brightest Morning Star which many fans highly doubt, because it is never ever her most personal album) the vocalproduction is the work from someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.