We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Selena Gomez Gets Emotional In Hurricane Harvey Telethon Video

Seven members of the late singer Selena Quintanilla’s family passed away.

Selena Gomez broke down in tears in a video that aired during the Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Relief telethon.

Gomez became visibly upset when she recounted the tragedy that took the lives of seven members of the late singer Selena Quintanilla’s family.

“August 27, seven members of the Saldivar family tried to escape the rising flood waters. Their van is swept into the bayou, only Sammy Saldivar manages to survive,” she said as her eyes welled up. “Their story affected all who heard it and, no matter who we are, the differences we have suddenly did not seem to matter. Since that day, we have joined together. Neighbor helping neighbor without stopping to think about race, religion, or anything else.”

Gomez revealed she grew up only 250 miles away from the family’s home in Texas, so the news was particularly harrowing.

Watch the clip below:

Thoughts on Gomez's emotional plea? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The Saldivars are not related to Selena... Yolanda Saldivar was the president of Selena's fanclub, they were and are not related.

Yeah, and not to downplay anything but Selena’s hometown only got half an inch of rain lol. Texas is a big state, that would be like saying someone from Buffalo got impacted by Hurricane Sandy.

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Yeah, and not to downplay anything but Selena’s hometown only got half an inch of rain lol. Texas is a big state, that would be like saying someone from Buffalo got impacted by Hurricane Sandy.

I also don't want to sound like a d*ck but:

"Gomez revealed she grew up only 250 miles away from the family’s home in Texas, so the news was particularly harrowing."

Um, that's far AF. That's like going from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta. :orangu:

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

"Gomez revealed she grew up only 250 miles away from the family’s home in Texas, so the news was particularly harrowing."

Her hometown is Grand Prairie, which is about 15 minutes away from Dallas and I found this -

About 0.46 inches of rain was recorded at DFW International Airport between midnight Saturday and 5 p.m. Sunday.

So dramatic :orangu:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Ah thank you, as I come from a little country I thought that was HUGE then thought "Oh but i'ts America, that's why I guess it's not supposed to be considered huge", but apparently yes it is :plzexplain::cuteidk:

Just now, MissDarcy said:

Ah thank you, as I come from a little country I thought that was HUGE then thought "Oh but i'ts America, that's why I guess it's not supposed to be considered huge", but apparently yes it is :plzexplain::cuteidk:

No, it's big. :orangu: Like Miami Beach is an hour drive from here in Fort Lauderdale and it's 26 miles. 250 is like a crossing a whole state.