We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Carly Rae Jepsen Aiming To Release New Album In 2018

Polishing up.

Carly Rae Jepsen reluctantly revealed her E•MO•TION followup debuts next year.

We. Need. This. New. Album. And we won't have to wait that much longer. The "Cut To The Feeling" singer revealed in a new interview this week her forthcoming album will finally arrive in 2018, but she was "hesitant" to say a date because she's simply not sure.

“I have a baby plan for [the album],” she said. “It would be great to get it here as soon as possible, but it’s also more important to get it right. I’m in the cleaning up phases right now. Just making sure it’s all polished.”

And bonus? She’s going to rock a new lewk. “I’m growing my hair out,” she said with a laugh. Listen to the audio below:

Earlier this year, the pop star sat down for an interview with SOCAN and confirmed she already created 50 potential tracks for the record(!!!).

“I’m nervous and excited all at the same time. It’s strange to experiment in the way that I am right now, and kind of going to new places,” Jepsen said. “And try to take the positivity from the last round of what we experienced in general and kind of put it over there for a second and be brave to try out new things. I think as a creator you’re never wanting to just repeat what you’ve done before.”

Thoughts on the 2018 release date? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.