We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Cardi B’s “Bodak Yellow” Is One Spot Away From Being No. 1

She makes money moves.

Cardi B makes money moves up the Hot 100.

Unsurprisingly, Taylor Swift is No. 1 and No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week with "Look What You Made Me Do" and "...Ready For It?" respectively. The eye-catcher? Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow," which jumps up one spot to No. 2. Does she have what it takes to dethrone Swift? Absolutely.

Numbers jargon from Billboard:
Cardi B pushes from No. 3 to a new No. 2 high on the Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow." The rapper's breakthrough hit keeps at No. 2 on Streaming Songs (46.2 million, up 9 percent) and rises 10-8 on Digital Song Sales (35,000, up 2 percent) and 17-16 on Radio Songs (59 million, up 7 percent). The track spends a third week at No. 1 on the Hot Rap Songs chart and a second week atop Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs.

The biggest takeaway from Cardi's new feat? She ties Nicki Minaj's record for having the highest-charting song for an unaccompanied female rapper with no guest features. That's a really big deal.

Cardi took a moment during NYFW to chat about her forthcoming record out next month. See that below:

Next week's chart battle, with new entries from Sam Smith and Demi Lovato, should be pretty interesting. I'm rooting for her.

Thoughts on Cardi B taking the No. 2 spot on the Hot 100? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:10 PM, Spearsfan said:

Sam Smith may take it. He has been selling pretty solid but who even knows since streaming is the main thing. 

Honestly they should discount this song on iTunes and she may get that number 1 

I read in other place, that Sam Smith is set to debut at Number #5

Early predictions

1 Look What You Made Me Do 459 (=)
2 Bodak Yellow 384 (=)
3 1-800-273-8255 359 (+2)
4 Despacito 350 (-1)
5 Too Good At Goodbyes 321 (debut)
6 Wild Thoughts 275 (=)
7 Believer 267 (+1)
8 Attention 258 (-1)
9 Unforgettable 247 (=)
10 Strip That Down 238 (+4)
11 There's Nothing Holdin Me Back 226 (-1)
12 Sorry Not Sorry 225 (+1)
13 Bank Account 224 (-1)
14 Slow Hands 222 (+1)
15 Feel It Still 217 (+3)
16 Rake It Up 216 (-5)