We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Diamond Horse

What do you remember about your day of 9/11?

I don't remember much. I was nine. The main thing I remembered about it was that I was already sad because it was September. And guess what? I didn't wanna go to school!

And this news on the morning was like a distraction to feel sad for something else and forget about school lol.

But I had this strange feeling about it, I felt like this was a big bad omen or something.... I felt like it could get only worse from here. :crying2: 

I was 9 so I didn't really understand what happened. I knew it was bad but I couldn't understand it. I remember they brought the wheelie tv in and showed us what happened but it still was hard to understand. 

In Chile it was a different thing. 11/09/73 My country turned into a military dictatorship, I wasn't born back then but my mom was, she was born the same day but in 1970. Tanks demolished teachers, people got killed and lost. All that nightmare finished in 11/03/90, my mother is a bit traumatized today, I hear her crying sometimes, but she's in a much better place right now. I just came from the  bakery with her favorite cake so we can celebrate her birthday

I lived (and still live) in Los Angeles and was in second grade. I remember that I was getting ready for school and when I walked past the TV, my parents were both watching and crying at the footage that came through the screen. I didn't understand the breadth of what was happening, so I was impatient thinking we'd be late for school. There were some schools in the LA area that closed because they weren't sure if LAX was going to be targeted, or the Ports of Long Beach where most exports/imports come into the country. My school remained open, but we had the television on all day and I remember it just being a really strange day where it felt like time/routine froze. When I got home from school, I remember my parents tried to explain what had happened, but even they were having a hard time putting together a coherent story. It wouldn't be until a couple years later when I became able to really grapple with the events of the day.

I was in first grade. I lived in a small town just outside of New York City, so a lot of the kids’ parents worked at the World Trade Center. When the school found out about the news, they dismissed us early in the morning. Luckily none of my relatives got hurt, but I had cousins that lived in the city that evacuated because of all the smoke and dust, so they moved in with us for a few weeks. Everyone knew someone that was impacted, it’s really sad.

I remember watching footage of the attack on tv, it was sadly one of the earliest memories I have.

I'm not American but I still remember it. I was at school and I came home to the scenes unfolding on TV and the aftermath. Mum was panicking a bit because she had a friend in NYC and she was trying to contact him to make sure he was ok. Fortunately he was. It affected things on this side of the Atlantic as well as airport security tightened after it and people were afraid to fly for weeks afterwards on flag carriers (like American Airlines or British Airways) but budget airlines (low cost carriers) weren't doing too bad. It was in the British and Irish papers for days. Four years later the London Underground subway system was attacked (7/7). 

I was like 4 or 5th grade. I was pissed because I couldn't watch cartoons. The TV stations were playing the footage all day. I remember cartoons were never the same after that day. They didn't play them as long as they used to. The TV station didn't play cartoons for about a week. I was a kid, thats the only sh!t I cared about lol.