We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

iZacaree

I just saw the new IT movie!

15 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I'm not seeing that sh!t. I fucking hate clowns. And horror movies. :crying1: But I do like that it seems to be so popular.

Oh come on! You'd really like it, I promise.

3 hours ago, Dollanganger said:

Thank you!

I posted this on other sites and my personal social media and got insulted. I'm guessing no one is allowed to state the flaws with this movie especially with what you posted!

I'm sorry you got insulted... some people are just delusional. Is it a great movie? ABSOLUTELY! Is it perfect? No. There are always improvements that could be made, and that's with anything. You do have to give the filmmakers credit for condensing such a gigantic novel into just 135 minutes of film-time, without it feeling watered down. In reality, a perfectly executed IT adaption would have to be like 8 hours long.

15 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Idk, I haven't seen it yet but the reviews so far have been good from what I've seen. I'm not a fan of the look of the new Pennywise, I just feel like clowns are scary because the fear of them should technically be irrational because they look fun 'n' cute, but when you look at the new one, it's not irrational anymore, it takes away a lot of charm the original one had. I'm sure that's just me though. :outwithit: I heard there was some deranged humor involved though so I'm kinda down, ISIS beheading videos are my jam, I'm a sicko, SIGN ME UP! :madonna:

Tim Curry's Pennywise and this Pennywise both work for different reasons. I hear what you're saying, and I honestly thought the same thing when I first saw the previews for the movie. But once you see this movie, you'll see what I'm talking about. The filmmakers have done an excellent job of showing Pennywise/IT as more of a monster/creature/shape-shifter, instead of just a clown  - which is what IT is in the novel. This Pennywise is much more creature-like and predatory.

1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Take notes horror movie directors. :flawlessbye:

yeah its sooo redundant that all horror films nowadays rely on jumpscares. i don't mind them when i see the film at first but its not like u can re-watch it when u know what's coming.

i didn't find IT scary at all (i don't find that kinda stuff scary), infact I think Tim Curry's appearance looks more sinister since he doesn't "look" like an evil shape shifting clown lol. still worthy of a watch and I enjoyed it

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I've heard it's actually not that gory or violent, but the few moments are super disturbing. I haven't even seen the 90's version tbh

You need to catch up! Watch both!:outwithit: