We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Taylor Swift’s “Look What You Made Me Do” Hits No. 1 On Hot 100

Recommended Posts

Look what we made her do.



Look what we made her do.



Taylor Swift scores her fifth-ever Hot 100 No. 1 this week with lead Reputation track "Look What You Made Me Do." The Taylor takeover proved massive.

Here's a list of accomplishments via Billboard that Taylor just achieved with "Look."


Related:
Taylor Swift Is Headlining College Football National Championship Halftime Show


■ It blocked Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee & Justin Bieber's "Despacito" from breaking Mariah Carey's record for spending the most time at No. 1 (instead they have tied).

■ “Look” soars to No. 1 on the Streaming Songs chart with 84.4 million U.S. streams. That’s the highest for any song this year, and highest ever in a week for a song by a female artist, surpassing the debut week of Adele's "Hello" (61.6 million, Nov. 14, 2015).

■ The track also gives Taylor the best weekly sales of 2017 with 353,000 downloads.

■ “Look” makes the fifth-greatest leap to No. 1 of all-time. Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" holds that record (jumping from 97–1 in February 2009).

There’s a bunch more stats and numbers jargon on Billboard.

Thoughts on Taylor taking the top spot? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, brocklovesgreys said:

Its sad that people are supporting an artist like this and its unsettling to think that this is the direction the music industry is headed in...

:squintney:

I agree but I'm glad that Despacito song didn't break MARIAH RECORD!!! But I agree Taylors song sucks and it is sad the direction of the music industry is but I do believe 100% that someone who is new is going to save the industry and revolutionize it and be innovative, creative, and a trendsetter artistically. I also believe that person is going to be the most famous global phenomenon the world has not seen in the 21st CENTURY!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KatLove said:

I do believe 100% that someone who is new is going to save the industry and revolutionize it and be innovative, creative, and a trendsetter artistically. I also believe that person is going to be the most famous global phenomenon the world has not seen in the 21st CENTURY!!!!

Lorde is alive and well and also David Bowie (R.I.P.) endorsed her as the future of music (there's a reason Melodrama received critical acclaim as one of the best albums of 2017). :flawlessbye: 

P.S. Don't hate the musicians, hate the dumdums that are buying and supporting s!itty music. There has always been sh!tty music around! :boredashell:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my daddy Minnesota, my mama North Dakota, you mix that starbucks with some mayo MAKE A TRUMP SUPPORTAAAA, we're in sad sad phase where clowns are presidents and supermodels are successful "singers" this world is a joke :whitney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Lorde is alive and well and also David Bowie (R.I.P.) endorsed her as the future of music (there's a reason Melodrama received critical acclaim as one of the best albums of 2017). :flawlessbye: 

P.S. Don't hate the musicians, hate the dumdums that are buying and supporting s!itty music. There has always been sh!tty music around! :boredashell:

Well I miss those big one of a kind artist the world used to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Passionfruit said:

taylor-swift-falling-over-backwards-heel

Of course it would. Just like how Trump became President. #garbage

Britney/Rihanna/Beyoncé/Adele/Madonna need to come back so the gp can be reminded what a good #1 song sounds like. :staysalty:

Rihanna is the only one from that batch that can give us a good #1. The rest either can't score another #1 (Britney, Beyoncé, Madonna) or can't make good songs (adele) :tiffcackle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brocklovesgreys said:

Its sad that people are supporting an artist like this and its unsettling to think that this is the direction the music industry is headed in...

:squintney:

are fucking kidding me? 

You stan for Ariana yet you have the audacity to call Swift basic? Like, where's the logic? :whitney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor is making music like no one else right now and her music this era is sounding cohesive without being repetitive (in the grand scheme of a whole body of work)

I don't understand why everyone is so against her? Genuinely when was the last time we had a pop girl dominate this drastically?

She has the success we all wish our faves had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Passionfruit said:

taylor-swift-falling-over-backwards-heel

Of course it would. Just like how Trump became President. #garbage

Britney/Rihanna/Beyoncé/Adele/Madonna need to come back so the gp can be reminded what a good #1 song sounds like. :staysalty:

Except Britney can't even get a proper top 20 hit. Or Beyonce, bitch is lucky with them forgetable and cheap ass visuals. :whitney:

Garbage is your comment and the way you sound towards Taylor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.