We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Taylor Swift Drops Anthemic New ‘Reputation’ Track “Ready For It”: Listen

Let the games begin.

Are you ready for it?

You should probably come to the phone right now. Taylor Swift previewed her new Reputation tune "...Ready For It?" during the Alabama vs. Florida State college football game Saturday night (Sept. 2), and now the full audio is online. It sounds like nothing the pop star has ever put forth, including her previous release, "Look What You Made Me Do." On "Ready For It," Taylor dives further into electro-pop madness, confidently singing about impending slayage over a stinging synth and pounding beat.

"Knew he was a killer / First time that I saw him / Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted / But if he's a ghost then I can be a phantom," she sings. "Holdin' him for ransom / Some, some boys are tryin' too hard / He don't try at all though / Younger than my exes but he act like such a man, so / I see nothing better, I keep him forever / Like a vendetta-ta."

Swift teamed up with Ali Payami, Shellback, and Max Martin for the track. Word on the street is it's about current boyfriend Joe Alwyn. Elle has an extremely detailed synopsis of the track which you can read here.

Maybe I'm still stunned by the Taylor takeover, but "Ready For It" is straight up sickening (in a good way). It's pretty exciting to see where Taylor is taking her sound right now – clearly, she's unafraid to try something different, and it's working.

Let the games begin. Click play:

Thoughts on "Ready For It?" Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

But what really sinks this song is the run-of-the-mill, recycled dance grooves and generic/copycat vocal delivery. To borrow from Taylor’s own language, there’s simply no “sick beat.”

Overall, “Look What You Made Me Do” sounds like bad Britney Spears.

And, trust me, we don’t need more of that. After all, there was plenty to be found on Spears’ 2013 offering, “Britney Jean,” alone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/01/the-new-tayor-swift-song-sounds-like-bad-britney-spears-right/

Trying to find the lies :gloss:

2 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

But what really sinks this song is the run-of-the-mill, recycled dance grooves and generic/copycat vocal delivery. To borrow from Taylor’s own language, there’s simply no “sick beat.”

Overall, “Look What You Made Me Do” sounds like bad Britney Spears.

And, trust me, we don’t need more of that. After all, there was plenty to be found on Spears’ 2013 offering, “Britney Jean,” alone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/01/the-new-tayor-swift-song-sounds-like-bad-britney-spears-right/

Trying to find the lies :gloss:

I dont care about Swift but I was thinking the same :verycool: the chorus sounds like a failed attempt of brit  :blaughing: