We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

puppylo16

Just went to the Grammy museum...

Recommended Posts

Oh come on, Britney gets paid dust by the grammys. Bob Marley didn't win one and everybody loves him. Was he mentioned there? It probably is due to pretentious reasons that Britney only won one award but she's been facing this shade and snobbery right from the beginning of her career, people called her talentless back then too and it was pretty much children that liked Britney Spears back then.

Britney has a very unique story, she came out at the turn of the century, and stopped to live life in 04 and became a tabloid fixture for 3 years, dropped her album in 07 (which a lot of people at the time didn't know was out and thought GM and POM were stand alone) which is deemed as the late 00s. An overshadowed era, followed by the comeback which after Womanizer and Circus, people started calling her a has-been. It's a weird story, she is a pop culture icon but sadly it stops there, that's why MTV use her all the time, she caused many memorable moments for them visually and scandal wise even that MJ artist of the millennium thing, Trl to the performances, that's what people want from Britney but she isn't giving that now...so no one cares. Baby and Womanizer as songs should have won but Poker face was nominated in 08 so...

I slipped off subject as per but hey whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Taylor Swift has 2 AOTY grammys with her elementary songwriting and basic music, and she's never been a great performer

Rihanna not a great performer, barely writes or produce her music but she still won grammys

Beyonce has been called out soooooooo many times over the years for taking credit on songs she did not write, but she still wins grammys

yawwwwwnnnnnnnn  :sofedup: change the record crappy, please

no one was talking about those artists and i wasn't talking about winning grammys. :whitney: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CashmereCat said:

Grammys suck and their reputation is laughable.  When you have Adele and Beyonce winning every nomination.  They can f**k off.  I don't even care about Britney not being in there, they just have no substance. 

Oscars FTW :lemmetellu:

I agree, I hate the Grammy’s but it has nothing to do with Britney. The fact that Smells Like Teen Spirit lost best rock song to an acoustic re-release of Layla, which was 20 years old, is tragic. Eric Clapton is a genius, but that’s just crazy :lemmetellu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danny1994 said:

He’s always bashing Britney’s competition, he’s so jealous of their success. Stay pressed @Cappycorn87 :tiffcackle:

3989TEQop1q8w.gif

"but rihanna can't perform, taylor is bland & basic....." :sofedup: ffs change the record :tiffcackle: he's one of those fans that makes britney look bad, no worse since she's already making herself look bad :tiffcackle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

I agree, I hate the Grammy’s but it has nothing to do with Britney. The fact that Smells Like Teen Spirit lost best rock song to an acoustic re-release of Layla, which was 20 years old, is tragic. Eric Clapton is a genius, but that’s just crazy :lemmetellu:

Yeah that was what I was thinking walking through the museum, it's not about Britney but I felt music wasn't truly represented right there and it's super bias and not accurate. I mean the 80s show black artist, the 90s touched on the grunge and rock then when you get to the 00's they say the decade open doors for black artist and the commercial realm, featuring rappers doing endorsement deals and mentioning products. The fact they started it off with crazy in love, kids would be like did anything happen in 2000? So much wasted space that could be used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadow. said:

yawwwwwnnnnnnnn  :sofedup: change the record crappy, please

no one was talking about those artists and i wasn't talking about winning grammys. :whitney: 

I'm just pointing that out with what you said about Britney not being taken seriously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

I'm just pointing that out with what you said about Britney not being taken seriously

well there was no need since we are talking about britney, britney is not taken seriously as an artist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

well there was no need since we are talking about britney, britney is not taken seriously as an artist

It's the way you said it

reasons why she's not seen as a "serious" artist and it is very important to bring that up about those 3 ladies who have won many grammys with the things I mentioned that you feel keeps Britney from being seen as a "serious" artist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

It's the way you said it

reasons why she's not seen as a "serious" artist and it is very important to bring that up about those 3 ladies who have won many grammys with the things I mentioned that you feel keeps Britney from being seen as a "serious" artist.

no you kept banging on about how basic & mediocre they were yet they won grammys. i was talking about britney not being taken seriously as an artist & the reasons behind that. no mention of grammys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

no you kept banging on about how basic & mediocre they were yet they won grammys. i was talking about britney not being taken seriously as an artist & the reasons behind that. no mention of grammys.

That's related to the grammys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CashmereCat said:

Grammys suck and their reputation is laughable.  When you have Adele and Beyonce winning every nomination.  They can f**k off.  I don't even care about Britney not being in there, they just have no substance. 

Oscars FTW :lemmetellu:

How can a serious artist steal song-writing credits?  Beyonce stealing song-writing credits for most of her career is just as bad as Britney lip-syncing most of her career.

If Beyonce's songwriting history looked more like Whitney Houston's, which is what it should look like, she would be viewed very differently today no matter how you look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

How can a serious artist steal song-writing credits?  Beyonce stealing song-writing credits for most of her career is just as bad as Britney lip-syncing most of her career.

If Beyonce's songwriting history looked more like Whitney Houston's, which is what it should look like, she would be viewed very differently today no matter how you look at it.

I wasn't saying anything positive about Beyonce though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2017 at 10:33 PM, ShowdownITZ said:

Sorry but Britney deserved that Grammy, xtina never had Britney's way of being an entertainer, yes xtina had better vocals but when it comes to overall package, Britney was so much better :mattafact: Crazy was #1 on WW charts tho, her singles weren't sold physical so they only charted on airplay. The only single she sold physical was BOMT. Xtina wrote on Come On Over Baby (All I Want You) after it was re-issued but not the original. Britney wrote I'm So Curious so they were even in terms of songwriting in their debuts

Christina Aguilera did write a spoken hook or B-section for Genie in a Bottle, but "was unfamiliar with the legal aspect of songwriting and did not submit a songwriting claim." http://aguilerachristina.blogspot.ca/2007/10/christina-aguilera-genie-in-bottle.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.