We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

BrittonJeanSpears

Guys, I Just Need Someone To Talk To

Recommended Posts

As fucked up as Exhale is, we're kind of like our own little family. :hugs: 

And I need my family right now. :crying1: 

I've been single for 8 months. And in all that time, I've never once had a guy show any interest in me. Not one. :( 

Then this guy pops up in my Facebook Messenger requests earlier today. Most gorgeous guy I've ever seen. He's being so sweet, and understanding, and wonderful. And he's so sexy... :yesplease:

But then after he makes me download an app so we can talk to each other, he tells me he can't video chat with me because he's on a computer and won't have a phone until his grandma gets surgery. :huh: Obviously this was a huge red flag for me (that and him later saying that my love has completely transformed his life... After only three hours. :wtf: ), but I still cautiously gave him a chance. After all, I've been creepy and technologically-impaired before. :yaknow: But then he asks me what bank I use, and if I have a credit card, and I refused to give him any information. He called me beautiful and then no more replies. He's been offline since he sent the last message. :icant2: 

I'm just so fucking sad. I knew from the start that a guy that gorgeous would never go for me. :crying2: I knew he was either going to be a catfish, a creep or an asshole, but I still talked to him. Because I'm so lonely. I want to be with someone so bad, that I let a catfish talk me up for hours before my jaded side got strong enough to come out. :crying11: My only blessing is that he has absolutely none of my personal information. Just my first name and two pictures (of my face).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 bb, you don’t need to give anyone anything to get them to love you. I’m sorry you were in that position, but I’m super glad you didn’t fall for it. You’ll find someone in time. Just get yourself out there. Focus on being the best version of yourself you can be and meeting as many people as possible (not meeting them to date, but just out of common interests). Hope this makes you feel better. I’m here if you need me :hugs: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not any consolation but I've never had a boyfriend in my life and i'm 26.

You never let anybody put you down or think that somebody who looks good wouldn't be interested in you :lemmetellu:

Not falling for his electronic bullshit means you're smart and mature and you'll find somebody who deserves you :mattafact:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? There is somebody waiting for you and for everybody :lemmetellu: Yes, i do believe that.

And you are good the way you are, start to gain more confidence it would help, because you need to learn how to love yourself first.

But you need to find someone who isn't a fake, just interested in sex, just strange people and so on.

The last one is even weirder because sometimes it feels like they are everywhere. :mattafact:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BrittonJeanSpears don't worry my friend, I have had my fair share of sketchy online incidences. One time I was chatting with a guy on some website when I was a little younger (probably 19, old enough to know better but as you said, loneliness prevails). He also had me sign up for some sketchy website and it eventually asked for a credit card number. I immediately X'd out and blocked. I joined the site, so whoever it was has my email address but it was years ago and nothing has happened, I can't even remember if it was my email I use now.

Another was earlier this year. I was chatting with a guy on a dating/hook up app and he kinda got in my head and I sent him some nudes, with my face in it. I had never, ever taken any kind of pictures like that. I felt so dirty, and of course worried if he was even legit or just a catfish (I saw face pics, but you never know). I still think of it to this day, but again nothing happened. I try to be weery about chatting online with potential dates now. Theres tons of creepers out there and you can't trust em. 

I'm in a similar situation to @BattleBoy. I'm 26 and have never had a serious boyfriend. It's discouraging, but I try not to let it get me down. I get incredibly lonely at times, which is probably why I spend so much time here at night lol. We'll all find someone eventually, I feel like if we look to hard or hope for it too much, the universe will keep putting it off. Everyone needs to love themselves and be whole before we can think of sharing ourselves with someone else (just my opinion, it's so much easier said than done though!) 

@BrittonJeanSpears here for you anytime you need to chat my friend, either on this thread or in a PM:hugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Online dating is just a mess tbh

And I feel you sis, I'm 27 now and have been single for a long time now .... IDK dating is a bit hard these days and I am trying my best to avoid apps as well, everyone is hella horny and they just want sex :orangu:

Anyways just hang in there boo I'm sure love will come along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

So that was the first night (Thursday). :tiffcackle: The second night (Friday), he kept telling me I'm so beautiful and this and that, and by that point I knew he was a catfish and I was just fucking with him. :mattafact: I kept taking the compliments and asking him for pics and saving them (so I can track down whoever's pictures he's using and let them know tbh). He ended up telling me that even though he's broke, his father (who disowned him because he's gay) wants to send him $20,000.00 US and he needs a bank account to put it in and could I lend him mine. :hahaha: I told him straight up "you can give me your lawyer's name, number and address of company. If I can verify his details, I will give HIM my account number and only him." He couldn't give me a single piece of solid information. :haha: Because apparently a 25 year old can survive living in California without a savings/checking account, and can have no one in his life who has one.

And finally on the third morning (Saturday), he tried it again. So I asked for more pictures ("Oh, I don't have anymore.") K, so I'm done. I told him straight up, I ain't giving you sh!t. If you need a bank account so desperately, sell your sh!t to have the $200 necessary to open the account. Y'know, he's been claiming his sick grandmother needs medicine, right? So if you need that 20K so badly, you'd do anything for it. He tells me I'm "fucking heartless" and blocks me. :tiffdrink: Not my fault you entered full catfish mode right out of the gate and expected me to be so desperate for love that I'd walk right into a scam. :imcute:

At least I still have all of those sexy pics he sent. Shame none of them were nudes, though. :gimmemoar: 

@Urbanney @BattleBoy @Alexanda @Chaoscontrol @BraveGraphics Thank you, sweethearts. :hugs: You all made my day.

 

Update 2: I forgot to mention. On Saturday, I told one of my friends about this creep, and MY FRIEND MESSAGED HIM. :o My friend claims he blocked the catfish (which I believe, 'cause why would he lie? lol) but why even bother messaging him in the first place? :britclose: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should look on the bright side of being single , I have two boyfriends and sometimes it's really tiring , stressful and even depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Gurl get Grindr

Ew, no. Even if I was actively looking to be with someone, which I'm not, all Grindr is good for is getting a goddamn STD. No fucking thank you. :byebitch: 

44 minutes ago, Benjie said:

You should look on the bright side of being single , I have two boyfriends and sometimes it's really tiring , stressful and even depressing. 

If you're depressed in your relationship, then maybe consider leaving one of them or both of them? :yaknow: I can't imagine that a relationship that makes you depressed is 100% healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

He ended up telling me that even though he's broke, his father (who disowned him because he's gay) wants to send him $20,000.00 US and he needs a bank account to put it in and could I lend him mine. :hahaha:

Who knew that Nigerian prince is gay? :tiffcackle:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BrittonJeanSpears sounds like a total shitshow :mjpopcorn: good for you though, at least now both of us know you cant trust people on dating apps/Facebook. Or even exhale sadly ( @Britneybbhmm teas:dorkney:)

And I feel you on Grindr, it's always the same guys too. I like Scruff alright, similar to Grindr but a little classier. Still no luck on my end though:brityeah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actual footage of me after reading the update:

:urite::urite::urite:

With some selfthinking maybe he'll become a better person :nyschool:

 

Also 200dollars to open a bank account wtf, it's free here... I've never even paid for the credit cards they give me... :shameless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gonzo said:

I was just kidding with you sis. I feel the same way about Grindr,, it's gross! I hope you find love and happiness :),, and all your dreams come true!

:hugs: 

4 hours ago, BattleBoy said:

actual footage of me after reading the update:

:urite::urite::urite:

With some selfthinking maybe he'll become a better person :nyschool:

 

Also 200dollars to open a bank account wtf, it's free here... I've never even paid for the credit cards they give me... :shameless:

I live in the US, and at least in the state I live in you have to have $200 dollars (or is it $100? I don't remember...) to open up a savings account, and you can only open a checking account once you have a savings account.

I actually only have a checking account because I left my savings account empty for too long and then it got shut down :britdrown: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

@BrittonJeanSpears sounds like a total shitshow :mjpopcorn: good for you though, at least now both of us know you cant trust people on dating apps/Facebook. Or even exhale sadly ( @Britneybbhmm teas:dorkney:)

And I feel you on Grindr, it's always the same guys too. I like Scruff alright, similar to Grindr but a little classier. Still no luck on my end though:brityeah:

Oh, I completely stay the hell away from dating apps and have for four years. I'm either going to meet a guy for the first time in person, or not at all. f**k anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I live in the US, and at least in the state I live in you have to have $200 dollars (or is it $100? I don't remember...) to open up a savings account, and you can only open a checking account once you have a savings account.

I actually only have a checking account because I left my savings account empty for too long and then it got shut down :britdrown: 

ah yes, there is a difference between checking and savings account now that I think about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2017 at 7:15 PM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Update:

So that was the first night (Thursday). :tiffcackle: The second night (Friday), he kept telling me I'm so beautiful and this and that, and by that point I knew he was a catfish and I was just fucking with him. :mattafact: I kept taking the compliments and asking him for pics and saving them (so I can track down whoever's pictures he's using and let them know tbh). He ended up telling me that even though he's broke, his father (who disowned him because he's gay) wants to send him $20,000.00 US and he needs a bank account to put it in and could I lend him mine. :hahaha: I told him straight up "you can give me your lawyer's name, number and address of company. If I can verify his details, I will give HIM my account number and only him." He couldn't give me a single piece of solid information. :haha: Because apparently a 25 year old can survive living in California without a savings/checking account, and can have no one in his life who has one.

And finally on the third morning (Saturday), he tried it again. So I asked for more pictures ("Oh, I don't have anymore.") K, so I'm done. I told him straight up, I ain't giving you sh!t. If you need a bank account so desperately, sell your sh!t to have the $200 necessary to open the account. Y'know, he's been claiming his sick grandmother needs medicine, right? So if you need that 20K so badly, you'd do anything for it. He tells me I'm "fucking heartless" and blocks me. :tiffdrink: Not my fault you entered full catfish mode right out of the gate and expected me to be so desperate for love that I'd walk right into a scam. :imcute:

At least I still have all of those sexy pics he sent. Shame none of them were nudes, though. :gimmemoar: 

@Urbanney @BattleBoy @Alexanda @Chaoscontrol @BraveGraphics Thank you, sweethearts. :hugs: You all made my day.

 

Update 2: I forgot to mention. On Saturday, I told one of my friends about this creep, and MY FRIEND MESSAGED HIM. :o My friend claims he blocked the catfish (which I believe, 'cause why would he lie? lol) but why even bother messaging him in the first place? :britclose: 

:slayney::clap1:

On 04/09/2017 at 4:53 AM, Chaoscontrol said:

I get incredibly lonely at times, which is probably why I spend so much time here at night lol.

Same situation as yours. I stay on exhale at night 'til it's extremely late and it's been for months now (tho now I also play Sonic Mania on my PC at the same time :o ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.