We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pedro Dantas

The Fall of The Simpsons: How it Hapenned

I think he hit the nail in the head with the celebrity appearances. I hate whenever they dedicate an entire damn episode to some random celebrity (this includes Britney in Jane the Virgin).

Overall, he explained exactly what hapenned to The Simpsons and why the show isn't great anymore. Ya'll should watch it.

@Pedro Dantas wow thanks for sharing. I LOVE the Simpsons, although I haven't kept up with any of the new seasons in years. Occasionally I'll watch an episode or two from the past couple years, and they're alright. But this dude hit it on the head like you said. 

Its so sad, because the show really was amazing, and I never realized why until he layed it all out. There used to be so many layers to all of the characters. Each episode used to not only be a story, but also have a lesson involved to some degree. He's right when he said it used to be a satire of pop culture, but now has grown to worship it. The only thing that Simpsons is a parody of now adays is the Simpsons :( I got sad when he said that but he is correct.

Sadly, I think this is the trend most shows take. I used to like South Park a lot too, but the humor has changed drastically over the years and again, the only thing it is a parody of is what South Park used to be. Gone are the days of it just being a fun trashy show of kids being vulgar, now it's become nothing more than a political platform to get the creators opinions on world events across to people. I still enjoy it to an extent, but I'm pretty over it after this last season. 

Everything changes, television, movies, and music isn't nearly as good as it once was. But occasionally you come across something new in media that either brings you back to better days, or is super original and fresh and completely invigorates your interest all over again. I don't know if it's just getting older, or if most everything is actually just trash now adays. But with shows like 'The Big Bang Theory' (like this video talked about), I think a lot of it boils down to unoriginal ideas and lack of creativity on the networks part. We used to have 70 stations, and always something to watch. Now we have 700 stations with absolutely nothing good on. Tv used to be quality, but networks sadly jumped on a 'quantity' bandwagon and it really shows in the final product. 

Phew! Sorry this was so long, but it was a long video, so it provoked lots of thoughts in me :) 

12 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

@Pedro Dantas wow thanks for sharing. I LOVE the Simpsons, although I haven't kept up with any of the new seasons in years. Occasionally I'll watch an episode or two from the past couple years, and they're alright. But this dude hit it on the head like you said. 

Its so sad, because the show really was amazing, and I never realized why until he layed it all out. There used to be so many layers to all of the characters. Each episode used to not only be a story, but also have a lesson involved to some degree. He's right when he said it used to be a satire of pop culture, but now has grown to worship it. The only thing that Simpsons is a parody of now adays is the Simpsons :( I got sad when he said that but he is correct.

Sadly, I think this is the trend most shows take. I used to like South Park a lot too, but the humor has changed drastically over the years and again, the only thing it is a parody of is what South Park used to be. Gone are the days of it just being a fun trashy show of kids being vulgar, now it's become nothing more than a political platform to get the creators opinions on world events across to people. I still enjoy it to an extent, but I'm pretty over it after this last season. 

Everything changes, television, movies, and music isn't nearly as good as it once was. But occasionally you come across something new in media that either brings you back to better days, or is super original and fresh and completely invigorates your interest all over again. I don't know if it's just getting older, or if most everything is actually just trash now adays. But with shows like 'The Big Bang Theory' (like this video talked about), I think a lot of it boils down to unoriginal ideas and lack of creativity on the networks part. We used to have 70 stations, and always something to watch. Now we have 700 stations with absolutely nothing good on. Tv used to be quality, but networks sadly jumped on a 'quantity' bandwagon and it really shows in the final product. 

Phew! Sorry this was so long, but it was a long video, so it provoked lots of thoughts in me :) 

I've been watching season 6 and I already downloaded season 3 and 4 and I have to say thse new seasons aren't anything compared to the classic era (seaons 3-8). I discovered the Simpsons through the new-ish seasons (13-21) and I always found it good, but the classic ones are truly amazing. Sometimes the new season also bring some great episodes (Barthood from season 27 was amazing) but it's not the same thing anymore. The worst ever will always be Lisa Goes Gaga.

I think the show could still be good if it had a great team of writers and producers who were dedicated to make the show as good as possible, but now all we have is dull celebrity cameos that don't make any sense (Elon Musk, Gaga). Are we really supposed to believe that they met a celebrity on the streets of Springfield? The Simpsons are "too big to be cancelled" so they might as well try to make a great season again. The Simpsons will always one of it's kind, that was many ties copied, but never replicated.

39 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I've been watching season 6 and I already downloaded season 3 and 4 and I have to say thse new seasons aren't anything compared to the classic era (seaons 3-8). I discovered the Simpsons through the new-ish seasons (13-21) and I always found it good, but the classic ones are truly amazing. Sometimes the new season also bring some great episodes (Barthood from season 27 was amazing) but it's not the same thing anymore. The worst ever will always be Lisa Goes Gaga.

I think the show could still be good if it had a great team of writers and producers who were dedicated to make the show as good as possible, but now all we have is dull celebrity cameos that don't make any sense (Elon Musk, Gaga). Are we really supposed to believe that they met a celebrity on the streets of Springfield? The Simpsons are "too big to be cancelled" so they might as well try to make a great season again. The Simpsons will always one of it's kind, that was many ties copied, but never replicated.

The show can still be good, maybe not 'fresh', but honestly I thought the movie was really good. They maybe need to take a year off and brainstorm ideas and come back in full swing