We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Britney Spears Covers Bonnie Raitt's "Something To Talk About" Live!

Hear her amazing live cover NOW!

POP EMERGENCY!

It seemed like Britney Spears' latest Piece Of Me show was going to cruise along at a normal pace tonight - that is until she suddenly dropped the theatrics, picked up a mic and SANG the hell out of Bonnie Raitt's classic "Something To Talk About"!

Full video:

Some alternate angles:

Britney singing "Something to Talk About" live ? #shook #pieceofme

A post shared by Joey Monroe (@joeymonroe) on

@britneyspears just stopped her #PieceOfMe show and completed nailed a LIVE cover of "Something To Talk About"!!!

A post shared by Taylor Olson (@tayloromusic) on

It's easy to see why Spears chose this particular song. Aside from her penchant for 90s female country-pop, the lyrics address those who like to talk without knowing the full story, and kicking up a bit of deliberate controversy just to witness their inevitable reaction. No doubt Brit was throwing some serious shade when she remarked that holding a mic with no backing music felt "illegal" before stating "I'm a Southern girl, I keep it real, I just wanna make sure I give you motherf*ckers something to talk about". QUEEN.

Something To Talk About originally peaked at #5 on Billboard, back in 1991:

Is this a special one-off performance? Is Britney planning on incorporating more live performances into Piece Of Me's final leg? Should we expect a Bonnie Raitt covers album? Is it safe to speculate about a Superbowl performance? Who knows?

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Just now, RAITEI said:

I'm listetining to it, but why does she have to sing other person's song? it would have been different and special something like everytime, or at least I'd like it more.

Let's take what we can get ok? She can sing the Macarena live for all I care, the point is she's singing live. :orangu: 

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Let's take what we can get ok? She can sing the Macarena live for all I care, the point is she's singing live. :orangu: 

That's true : ).