We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
I Always Sing Live

Fellow Gay Men, Relationships or Hookups? <3

Relationships or Hookups? <3  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Relationships or Hookups?

• Relationships
    • Hookups

I'm sure most people are familiar with the stereotype that gay men can't keep their d!cks in their pants, which in theory isn't a bad thing (as long as you practice safe sex), you do you, but I have a suspicion it isn't even as slutty as people say it is. :madonna: How is it for you? For me personally: give me a husband and we'll raise a big, beautiful family. :BBMAney: Knowing that Grindr is our main "dating" app, the majority might be hookup fans but who knows. :quirkney:

On 08/20/2017 at 1:00 AM, I Always Sing Live said:

I'm sure most people are familiar with the stereotype that gay men can't keep their d!cks in their pants, which in theory isn't a bad thing (as long as you practice safe sex), you do you, but I have a suspicion it isn't even as slutty as people say it is. :madonna: How is it for you? For me personally: give me a husband and we'll raise a big, beautiful family. :BBMAney: Knowing that Grindr is our main "dating" app, the majority might be hookup fans but who knows. :quirkney:

Grindr isn't the gay-main dating app worldwide. In my country Planetromeo is. :calculating: But don't think it is any different than Grindr.

And no, hook-ups are great when you are young, but tbh it gives me nothing anymore. I am all for relationships these days. :lemmetellu:

I've had two boyfriends in my life. One was a week-long relationship in high school. One was an 18-month domestic partnership fresh out of college.

A few years after the first relationship, I hooked up with my ex. We never had sex (duh, it was a week), and I gave him a blowjob. Never heard from him again, and I low-key wanted to die, I felt so dirty.

I never once felt dirty or wrong with my second boyfriend.

So I could never do a hook-up again. I can't deal with it. I need to sleep with someone I'm in a relationship with.

Relationships ALL THE WAY

Sometimes you need something more than sex, you need comfort, reassurance and sometimes even just someone to confide in/talk to and usually with hookups - that's not gonna be easy to find (unless you have some kinda friends with benefits setup going - but even then maybe not)

I understand that people can do all the above in friendships, that's cool. But there is still CERTAIN things people will not tell friends.

After years of hookups I'm in a relationship with an amazing young man and I couldn't be any happier. Taking care of him, making sure he is always feeling safe and happy, helping him becoming a better version of himself everyday makes me feel like a real man. He is also helping me becoming better day after day. 

Growing up I got to know that there are much more important things than sex. Being with someone you love, respect and admire, sharing moments and creating memories with him, helping each other to become better and many many more.

Hookups are fun for some people but they left me empty afterwards. Seeing him happy is much more fullfilling than the best sex date I could ever have

3 minutes ago, dancewithme said:

After years of hookups I'm in a relationship with an amazing young man and I couldn't be any happier. Taking care of him, making sure he is always feeling safe and happy, helping him becoming a better version of himself everyday makes me feel like a real man. He is also helping me becoming better day after day. 

Growing up I got to know that there are much more important things than sex. Being with someone you love, respect and admire, sharing moments and creating memories with him, helping each other to become better and many many more.

Hookups are fun for some people but they left me empty afterwards. Seeing him happy is much more fullfilling than the best sex date I could ever have

Beautiful words! :jumpney:

On 8/22/2017 at 6:06 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

I've never been the hookup type of person tbh, now that I'm getting a divorce and haven't had sex in forever I'm considering it lol......but it's difficult honestly because it's really not me, but I'm really not ready for another relationship at the moment. 

I'm also getting a divorce...I'm sending you good vibes, I know how lonely it can feel sometimes and how hard it can be. Sorry to hear about that. I know that one day we will find the right person, just have to keep believing!  :hugs:

7 hours ago, dancewithme said:

This touched my heart :makeitrain: