We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Diamond Horse

So, have you donated money....

I donate to causes ranging from disaster relief funds to political campaigns; that is, once I've thoroughly investigated them and seen what percent of the money donated is actually allocated toward the cause in question (it would shock many people to realize that although they've donated with good intentions to very well-known and established organizations, the people at the top of said organizations actually take that money and use it solely to further the pocket books of the CEO'S, rather than the cause they're purportedly fighting for). 

I am generally always broke because of school, so I can never offer much, but I truly believe every bit helps. During the the 2012 and 2016 political campaigns, I donated toward Obama's second term, and during the latter I donated towards the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Lately, I've been primarily donating to Planned Parenthood and NASA whenever I have additional income, and donate monthly to ACLU for the continuous work they do on ensuring the provision of constitutional rights on behalf of the LGBTQ community, immigrant populations, racial minorities and ethnic minorities, and other individuals in serious danger of having their civil liberties revoked. Here's the link, btw, in case this resonates with anyone: https://www.aclu.org

(I swear I'm not affiliated with any of the aforementioned organizations; I just get passionate about this sort of thing. We, the people, need to take matters into our own hands and secure our future, since those in government are apparently unwilling and/or incapable of doing so). 

Also, no, I've never regretted a donation :soyeah:

33 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I donate to causes ranging from disaster relief funds to political campaigns; that is, once I've thoroughly investigated them and seen what percent of the money donated is actually allocated toward the cause in question (it would shock many people to realize that although they've donated with good intentions to very well-known and established organizations, the people at the top of said organizations actually take that money and use it solely to further the pocket books of the CEO'S, rather than the cause they're purportedly fighting for). 

I am generally always broke because of school, so I can never offer much, but I truly believe every bit helps. During the the 2012 and 2016 political campaigns, I donated toward Obama's second term, and during the latter I donated towards the Bernie Sanders campaign.

Lately, I've been primarily donating to Planned Parenthood and NASA whenever I have additional income, and donate monthly to ACLU for the continuous work they do on ensuring the provision of constitutional rights on behalf of the LGBTQ community, immigrant populations, racial minorities and ethnic minorities, and other individuals in serious danger of having their civil liberties revoked. Here's the link, btw, in case this resonates with anyone: https://www.aclu.org

(I swear I'm not affiliated with any of the aforementioned organizations; I just get passionate about this sort of thing. We, the people, need to take matters into our own hands and secure our future, since those in government are apparently unwilling and/or incapable of doing so). 

Also, no, I've never regretted a donation :soyeah:

How to know if this organization is liable: https://www.teencanceramerica.org/ ?

3 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

How to know if this organization is liable: https://www.teencanceramerica.org/ ?

Hey, I'm currently at my research lab where the university's Macs only work for lab documents/data/spreadsheets; I'm currently taking a lunch break and tried to do research on this, the WORST PHONE OF ALL TIME (it has 4 gigs total; like, the day my credit card bill is due, I have to erase everything from my phone in order to download the Bank of America app, and then I delete the app again immediately afterward or I don't get new messages or emails henceforth. :Lshark:

So suffice it to say, I can't get to the links I want to while here in the lab, but I'll check it out whenever I get home tonight and on my PC!

(Disclaimer: if you haven't heard from me by 10 hours from now, I've either made a great discovery (very unlikely), or I'm so tired I forgot all about this promise (quite likely). So feel free to bug me once the allotted time has passed :bigkiss:

3 minutes ago, hushpuppies said:

Idk if this counts but I feel kinda enlightened when I give some coins to some street people. I also noticed before that when I gave coins to a beggar, there's two guys were laughing but I didn't let those p*ssies stop me from giving :donewithit:

You are flawless, I also like your member status. :) It all goes so well together, your name, the pic and the status. :gloria: 

On 8/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, LostInAnImage said:

Hey, I'm currently at my research lab where the university's Macs only work for lab documents/data/spreadsheets; I'm currently taking a lunch break and tried to do research on this, the WORST PHONE OF ALL TIME (it has 4 gigs total; like, the day my credit card bill is due, I have to erase everything from my phone in order to download the Bank of America app, and then I delete the app again immediately afterward or I don't get new messages or emails henceforth. :Lshark:

So suffice it to say, I can't get to the links I want to while here in the lab, but I'll check it out whenever I get home tonight and on my PC!

(Disclaimer: if you haven't heard from me by 10 hours from now, I've either made a great discovery (very unlikely), or I'm so tired I forgot all about this promise (quite likely). So feel free to bug me once the allotted time has passed :bigkiss:

BUMP, I hope I am not bumping this at the wrong time. :) 

I found some Guidestar.org financial data about Teen Cancer America, but I am not sure how to interpret it.

I registered and get a free trial .pdf file.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:11 AM, Diamond Horse said:

You are flawless, I also like your member status. :) It all goes so well together, your name, the pic and the status. :gloria: 

Awww thank you :hehehe:. I got my status on the youtube comments of Ariana's Tattooed Heart where people made fun of the line "Wrap me in your jacket" at 2:33 but now those comments are nowhere to be found :zoomzoom:

I like giving to charities. I try to whenever I'm able, and when I know the charity is a good organization. Stupidly, I guess, my favorite is still the Angel Tree Program, and programs like it. I like buying toys and clothes for kids who may not get those things otherwise.

I don't think I've ever felt dissatisfied with a donation. Is that even possible? I mean... Maybe if you, later on, find out that the money wasn't used for the cause. I agree with @LostInAnImage, it is very important to know what charities you're giving to. There are people who take advantage of other people's desire to help to deepen their pockets. I remember, a while back, reading very unfortunate reports about a breast cancer awareness organization/fundraiser not redirecting the money to the actual cause, and most of the money, actually, went to the woman who led said organization. So, you gotta be very wary.

I donate to the Red Cross every month, and I also donate to an institution named Cáritas (which is and Spanish institution that helps various social groups in situations of precariousness and/or social exclusion), and have volunteered for them too. Unfortunately, I don't make much money, but I'd like to extend my "catalog" in the future, and I'd like to be active in the areas of health - maybe help organizations that take medical care to women, and children in developing countries, amongst others. 

I had to come back to this thread because it reminded me of when I was a teenager, and was very mad that people had no respect for Mother Nature; I couldn't wait until I reached majority, so that I could go join Greenpeace, and fight for the rights of the trees. :mattafact: What an innocent little elf I was... :selenerz:

On 8/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, LostInAnImage said: