We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Brichney.

None of the new pop stars is a legend

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

One of the best selling female artists of all time, acclaimed vocalist, huge influence on today's popstars, still had top 10 hits nearly 20 years into her career, 18 #1s, longest running #1 song, iconic comeback with WBT and it's parent album, etc. Seems like a legend to me.

anigif_enhanced-18006-1421296910-5.gif

I only see facts 5ML7O.gif

I wouldn't say Britney is a legend, more like an icon

Madonna is a legend, but her image suffered a lot the last 10 years :outwithit: that's why Britney needs to reinvent herself, you can't keep doing the same thing as you get older, or people think you're a joke

I feel like the word "legend" is a bit over-used by stans. In my opinion, Britney isn't a legend, and neither is Beyoncé, Gaga, Xtina, JT, etc. When I think of legends, I think MJ, Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Céline, Elvis, The Beatles, etc. In my opinion, Britney is an icon who could've been a legend but ended up wasting her potential by releasing generic stuff like Circus and FF and pretty much giving up on her career. She can still be a legend but it would take a lot of hard work.

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I mean it’s true. Britney is very successful and has had great achievements, but she’s fallen off in the last several years. Madonna is almost 60 and just sold out a world tour.

Well Madonna is a hard working girl and we know Britney isn't. I think Britney is legendary because when you look at it she  does a lot of things that gives damage to her career and legacy but still she is in the game. I mean for me it's shocking that she is still in the game. Glory era was full of bad management, bad desicions, mediocre performances, I still can't believe her social media accounts and her style. Ffs her hair fallen of like 3 times now. If that incident was happened to beyonce, beyonce would probably fire the person who is responsible for the hair and don't forget the chroe and her costumes ughhh but still like I said she is still in the game thanks to her legendary name.

6 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I wouldn't say Britney is a legend, more like an icon

I agree with all three of the comments from you, danny, and Pedro, but I especially agree with this part. Britney is only at icon status, in my opinion. It could be subject to change, but as you and everyone else pointed out, you have to continue to evolve and grow as an artist. You can't stay stagnant, and personally, I mean-- Britney doesn't seem to care enough to change that, to be quite honest. :yaknow:

5 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I agree with all three of the comments from you, danny, and Pedro, but I especially agree with this part. Britney is only at icon status, in my opinion. It could be subject to change, but as you and everyone else pointed out, you have to continue to evolve and grow as an artist. You can't stay stagnant, and personally, I mean-- Britney doesn't seem to care enough to change that, to be quite honest. :yaknow:

I feel like she would need a Ray of Light-type comeback to even get close to becoming a legend. She can't be considered a legend if everyone thinks she's talentless.

Gags is not a legend. She is just a by-product of all the legends that came before her. 

Sadly, I don't think Britney is seen as legend any more but she pretty much dethroned herself tbh.

I think in today's world, Beyoncé (and possibly Adele) are in that category. Taylor Swift is gunning for it too but she is still pretty basic imo.

5 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I feel like she would need a Ray of Light-type comeback to even get close to become a legend. She can't be considered a legend if everyone thinks she's talentless.

At this point? :mhm: She absolutely would. It kills me that people think that, but when she seems content to consider her career a footnote and believe she has nothing left to prove, I can't exactly be shocked it's the common consensus.

29 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I mean it’s true. Britney is very successful and has had great achievements, but she’s fallen off in the last several years. Madonna is almost 60 and just sold out a world tour.

yeah, I know. she's fading into irrelevancy, I guess that's what she wants :beyfedup:

6 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

At this point? :mhm: She absolutely would. It kills me that people think that, but when she seems content to consider her career a footnote and believe she has nothing left to prove, I can't exactly be shocked it's the common consensus.

She doesn't sing live (or in one of her albums), doesn't dance hard, barely writes her own music, wears sh!t costumes on stage and hasn't delivered a GREAT album since 2007. She might not be talentless, but she sure acts like it.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

She doesn't sing live (or in one of her albums), doesn't dance hard, barely writes her own music, wears sh!t costumes on stage and hasn't delivered a GREAT album since 2007. She might not be talentless, but she sure acts like it.

All true. That's exactly what I meant when I chalked it all up to a footnote, since we know these are all choices she's made. 

23 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I feel like the word "legend" is a bit over-used by stans. In my opinion, Britney isn't a legend, and neither is Beyoncé, Gaga, Xtina, JT, etc. When I think of legends, I think MJ, Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Elvis, The Beatles, etc. In my opinion, Britney is an icon who could've been a legend but ended up wasting her potential by releasing generic stuff like Circus and FF and pretty much giving up on her career. She can still be a legend but it would take a lot of hard work.

This. :urite: but with Circus, I think it was smart going generic because she needed to appeal to everyone again and it worked but FF should've been something different and innovative like Blackout or ITZ. Circus did a great job getting people to like her again but FF completely killed the momentum she had.

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

All true. That's exactly what I meant when I chalked it all up to a footnote, since we know these are all choices she's made. 

It's sad to see her wasting her talent and destroying her legacy like this. :crying4:

I wonder what it must be like to stan for Madonna, who was still slaying the world at the age of 50... :Lshark:

6 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

This. :urite: but with Circus, I think it was smart going generic because she needed to appeal to everyone again and it worked but FF should've been something different and innovative like Blackout or ITZ. Circus did a great job getting people to like her again but FF completely killed the momentum she had.

Circus could have been stronger though. Some of the deluxe tracks should have been regulated to the standard. It has it's moments but the clunkers drag it down. Not to mention having Radar on there is very messy. I wish Britney could have just shot the video for Blackout.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Circus could have been stronger though. Some of the deluxe tracks should have been regulated to the standard. It has it's moments but the clunkers drag it down. Not to mention having Radar on there is very messy. I wish Britney could have just shot the video for Blackout.

Yeah she should've just shot the video for Radar during Blackout and give people like a little snippet at the end of video for what's to come and then fully comeback with Womanizer in 09'. 

13 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Yeah she should've just shot the video for Radar during Blackout and give people like a little snippet at the end of video for what's to come and then fully comeback with Womanizer in 09'. 

She didn't necessarily have to wait until 09. She never shot a video for Break the Ice and there was a treatment ready to go for Radar. It's not like she had any plans to promote it either so they should have just shot it quick, push it out and then begin recording Circus. Unfortunately after the Jayden incident, she wasn't in any condition to shoot a video.

1 hour ago, ShowdownITZ said:

"Jlo is a legend" :hype: so is Hilary Duff, I guess

Honey... Ask the GP. She's respected a million times more than Britney. A consistent amazing performer plus her acting and business moguls. She has a personality, she's hot, her hair/makeup are always on point and her style is flawless. When will Britney?