We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Taylor Swift Wins Groping Lawsuit, Awarded $1 In Damages

Recommended Posts

Read her statement.



Taylor Swift's win in her assault and battery lawsuit against Mueller brings a glaring message for men and women too afraid to speak up about unwanted sexual encounters: stand up, speak out.



Swift accused Mueller of inappropriately touching her butt at a meet & greet event at one of her concerts in 2013.

In 2015, Mueller filed suit against Swift, her mom Andrea Swift and radio promotions director Frank Bell, accusing them of interfering with his $150,000 per year contract as a Denver radio DJ and persuading his employer to fire him. He was asking for more than $257,500 in damages.

Swift counter-sued for sexual assault and battery. She asked for $1.

After the jury ruled in her favor, Swift delivered a message:

“I want to thank Judge William J. Martinez and the jury for their careful consideration, my attorneys Doug Baldridge, Danielle Foley, Jay Schaudies and Katie Wright for fighting for me and anyone who feels silenced by a sexual assault, and especially anyone who offered their support throughout this four-year ordeal and two-year long trial process,” Swift said in a statement.

“I acknowledge the privilege that I benefit from in life, in society and in my ability to shoulder the enormous cost of defending myself in a trial like this. My hope is to help those whose voices should also be heard. Therefore, I will be making donations in the near future to multiple organizations that help sexual assault victims defend themselves.”

People goes into great length about the trial. Read about it here.

Thoughts on Taylor's win? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is great (assuming he did grope her). Obviously their are sexual assaults on a much, much larger scale but it doesn't mean that someone shouldn't report their butt getting grabbed. People must respect one another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, popprison said:

I think this is great (assuming he did grope her). Obviously their are sexual assaults on a much, much larger scale but it doesn't mean that someone shouldn't report their butt getting grabbed. People must respect one another.

Not to mention he sued her first for telling her mother/her team about it and him getting fired as a result.  The radio station's vice president said Mueller told him "She won't do anything once she knows I work for Kygo" (which is what got him fired lol). So he was basically trying to silence her with (what he thought were) power moves, hoping to scare her off. He's an asshole who got what he deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alain0227 said:

I don't get you people:wyd:

01sCe8F.jpg

hD8Sbku.jpg

eMmFiEB.jpg

NlD0948.jpg

6GZMcqx.jpg

:hype:

Honestly tho, I have no pity for this snake after Kim publicly exposed her fake, attention/money-starved, life-ruining ass. :jlostare:

What I don't get is people like you who seen the receipts but still support her. #JudgingYou  :jlostare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she is generally a good person. Everything they do has to be spun for their career. Everything... She is a popstar and she is doing good things with her fame. Its a tough road people view you as a product. That guy had no right to stick his hand up his skirt and she used her name to prove  a point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JessicaPetterson said:

Not to mention he sued her first for telling her mother/her team about it and him getting fired as a result.  The radio station's vice president said Mueller told him "She won't do anything once she knows I work for Kygo" (which is what got him fired lol). So he was basically trying to silence her with (what he thought were) power moves, hoping to scare her off. He's an asshole who got what he deserved.

Wow...I didn't know the details. I wish him the best after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

See? She is making the donations. And some people said she is selfish for not asking the money and donating it. Smh

I will give her credit if she doesn't release music this month. If she does than I kid you not this was planned to get in good graces with the gp and media. 

The case is a good win for women. 

Some ppl going too crazy with it but still a good win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I will give her credit if she doesn't release music this month. If she does than I kid you not this was planned to get in good graces with the gp and media. 

The case is a good win for women. 

Some ppl going too crazy with it but still a good win. 

LOL It would be hilarious if she released music this month. Maybe next? :tiffcackle:

But it doesn't look like she has something planned, at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

LOL It would be hilarious if she released music this month. Maybe next? :tiffcackle:

But it doesn't look like she has something planned, at least

It's rumored the 18th

We will see. :mattafact:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Diamond Horse said:

And then all the supermarkets in my town will play it :calculating:

And all the radio stations and target will remodel just for Taylor. It will be sickening but I don't think it's avoidable. 

Either she will bring pop back in or this will be her first underperforming era. 

Or what I think will happen she will avoid that risky genre and do country again. I still think her album will be country and she will win every award and get praised at country shows. It's a smart move and her team is smart.

Just think after a really country era the pop fans will be itching for pop music and it will probably be 'in' again and slay from hype alone 

Bookmark me and we can see if my predictions come true. I could be wrong and she risks pop, she does think she is top dog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

And all the radio stations and target will remodel just for Taylor. It will be sickening but I don't think it's avoidable. 

Either she will bring pop back in or this will be her first underperforming era. 

Or what I think will happen she will avoid that risky genre and do country again. I still think her album will be country and she will win every award and get praised at country shows. It's a smart move and her team is smart.

Just think after a really country era the pop fans will be itching for pop music and it will probably be 'in' again and slay from hype alone 

Bookmark me and we can see if my predictions come true. I could be wrong and she risks pop, she does think she is top dog. 

BOOKMARKED :) 

Either way, there is a chance that even if it is country, I will get it during my shopping sprees. :gloria: 

I would rather listen to Lily Allen doing country :) 

But yeah, you paint a PERFECT picture of how it could happen :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

BOOKMARKED :) 

Either way, there is a chance that even if it is country, I will get it during my shopping sprees. :gloria: 

I would rather listen to Lily Allen doing country :) 

I know. I still hear Taylor every where and it's like :wyd:

Her whole discography plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.