We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

It Appears Kelly Clarkson’s New Soul-Inspired Album Drops In October

She's hosting a listening party soon.

Kelly Clarkson could be releasing her new album in October.

Clarkson recently switched labels to Atlantic. The Grammy Award winning singer said they're "they’re down to make whatever kind of record I’m into,” so she's opting for soul.

Kelly has shared a couple of behind-the-scenes looks inside the recording studio (one of them was a total flub... God bless her), but other than that we don't know much. She had reportedly planned on releasing it this past June, but you know how the music industry can be (we see you, Fergie). It looks as if she's aiming for an October release instead.

A radio personality posted an invite to an “exclusive listening party” hosted by Kelly Clarkson and Atlantic Records on October 5. It couldn’t be any clearer than that! See it below:

When you get invited to @kellyclarkson house for a party, you gotta go right? What should I bring?

A post shared by DustinKross (@dustinkross) on

"It’s very much my personality," Clarkson told People earlier this year of her new album. "I think it’s very much what people expected from me off of watching me on Idol. I sang all these Aretha [Franklin] things, I love Tina [Turner], I love Mariah [Carey], I love Whitney [Houston]. I think it’s very much what people expected in the first place. I love all my stuff that I’ve done but this is the record that has been in me since junior high. And that music from when I was in junior high is now coming back [into style] — like our 15-year-old listens to R&B that I listened to in high school.”

She added: “We’re still working on it, but we have a good batch of songs already and I can’t wait to sing them live,” she says. “They’re amazing. After having a career for so long, it’s so weird that nobody knows [my sound] yet, so it’s going to be so good. It’s definitely a different chapter.”

So Pink and Kelly are releasing in the same month? Get ready bbs.

Thoughts on the potential date? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

She's an incredible singer, I really hope she gets the recognition she deserves. But even more than that, the fan I am wishes for an album I'll love, because I've been following her since Breakaway, I bought her whole discography except her Christmas album (because Xmas albums shouldn't exist), but it has not all been of the same quality. 

Anyway, she seems so happy with her new sound, I'm sure it will be obvious in her songs, just as her bitterness was obvious in My December.