We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Jessie J Is Back With Hip Hop-Tinged New Buzz Track “Real Deal”

She's the real deal.

Jessie J is the real deal.

Jessie J has been teasing new music in recent weeks, and now we know for what. The pop star released a one-off track today (August 11) titled "Real Deal." She clarified the DJ Camper-produced song is not the first single off her forthcoming album. "First single? Nah... This is me just getting warmed up," Jessie wrote. The singer-songwriter also filmed a music video for it.

It's a refreshing departure from most of 2014's Sweet Talker (flawless album though). "Real Deal" has a laid-back R&B lean to it. "You can't deny the energy that we got goin' on," she sings. "I know you feel the chemistry / This shit feels so strong / Cloud 9, I'm feelin' heavenly / This vibe we fell upon / You touchin' every part of me / This shit feels so strong."

Like what you hear? There's more to come. Jessie recently told Billboard, “with this next lot of music, I’m very much going back to my roots like on my first album, which was very honest,” she said. “From the ages 25-30, you learn so much and grow as a person. You become who you’re going to be for a long time. I’ve also enjoyed the process of just getting back to songwriting on my own.” And she promises it'll sound cohesive. “It’s a piece of music as opposed to singles and album fillers.”

Listen to "Real Deal" below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.