We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chaoscontrol

The Positivity Thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Lucky said:

By putting other pop bitches down, they feel Britney will shine with her current work ethics.:idkney: 

tenor%209_zpsr2nxaijk.gif

Anyway, because I don't want to take away from the purpose of this thread--

@LoanSPW, @britisthecolor (ahhh, it stopped letting me tag), @ShowdownITZ, really everyone I get along with here-- You guys are awesome. :)

10 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Gomez? I used to love her and her music during the WOWP years. I still like some of her music (KEWK was my bop last summer and I love Fetish, Come & Get It and Slow Down).

No I meant Selena Quintanilla :ricackle: I love Selena Gomez but I wouldn't considered her a Latin legend. I do love all those songs you mentioned tho. Fetish has been my favorite song this year. Listen to Sober from Revival, such a bop :bop:

6 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

@LoanSPW, @britisthecolor (ahhh, it stopped letting me tag), @ShowdownITZ, really everyone I get along with here-- You guys are awesome. :)

:otears: you guys are so nice. I really never thought Exhale would be so fun :overwhelm: you're awesome too legend :uknowit:

1 minute ago, ShowdownITZ said:

No I meant Selena Quintanilla :ricackle: I love Selena Gomez but I wouldn't considered her a Latin legend. I do love all those songs you mentioned tho. Fetish has been my favorite song this year. Listen to Sober from Revival, such a bop :bop:

I don't know Selena Quintanilla's music. :nicki2: I'm checking out Bidi Bibi Bom Bom to see if it's good.

8 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Listening to Dreaming of You, such a masterpiece :mcry:

I just finished listening to Dreaming of Yoy and I quite liked it. Listening to I Could Fall In Love right now.

16 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Thank you! You're amazing too! :overwhelm:

17 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

The world tour is doing really well so far. They even had to add a new Parisian date. I live in Portugal and it's apparently nearly sold out, which isn't surprising, since we love her here. She hasn't even announced the Latin American dates yet. I have no doubt those will do amazing. :queenflopga:

I hope I'll be able to see her live once again! I saw her during the Sun Comes Out Tour and it was an amazing experience! :hipney:

On 8/7/2017 at 9:38 PM, fucknfurter said:

I'm glad Britney's music helps cheer you up! I do that myself with her music whenever I need the boost, too.

Let's see.... About Britney: She is looking much, much happier in the last two/three years, and that's nice to see. It really is. She looks great, too.

About other members: @BoyToySoldier is a fantastic member, very positive but also very realistic. Same with @LostInAnImage. I see them both as friends/smile whenever I see their posts, and hope they feel the same.

And in truth, there's honestly no one here I seriously dislike: like I see positives even in those I disagree with, and am never so upset that I can't smile or laugh when someone I've gotten into a disagreement with here makes a good point/says something funny.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:46 PM, I_Need_Me said:

I'm happy for these kind of threads! :) We need more of them.

I will also agree with @fucknfurter that @BoyToySoldier and @LostInAnImage have always been positive and realistic.  Great members to have around!

I guess I will say that I too love that Britney has many songs I can relate to, even if the song isn't necessarily about what I am going through.  The emotion and message of the songs still makes me feel like I can relate.

I feel so bad, this was a thread I started composing a response to right after I was initially tagged, but then had to leave it halfway done due to class starting, and then totally forgot about it until now!

@fucknfurterIs one of my favorite people here. We have a similar sense of humor as well as a comparable general outlook on many things, both Britney-related and otherwise. I also feel as though we are friends. 

@I_Need_MeThank you! You're also a great member, and extra points for referencing the infinitely flawless "Overprotected" in your screen name:kiss:

@Chaoscontrol--Thank you for taking the time to make this thread! I agree, positivity is increasingly needed (not just here, but also in all the global concerns we really can't escape from). 

As far as Britney, I grew up listening to her music religiously since BOMT debuted, and since I'm also shy and introverted but have some pretty lofty goals for my own life (albeit in an entirely different capacity), she's served as an inspiration as to how you can take measures through perseverance, holistic lifestyle choices (e.g., exercise, yoga) and most importantly, drowning out the naysayers, to assist you in shutting off the anxiety and subsequently being able to wow your audience with that which you have to contribute to society. 

@LostInAnImage flawless name btw, quoting one of her best songs ever:mcry: the positivity is so needed! I've been connecting with my spiritual self again lately after its taken a back seat in my life for so long and am again realizing how important it is.

We focus on so much negative in every aspect of this existence but seem to forget that there is always a positive to balance it all out. If people always look towards the negative, it's what we will eventually found ourselves surrounded in. So I'm super happy that everyone enjoyed this thread, even though it has kinda flopped since moving to general. I wish the mods would've kept it in the Britney section but I get that the convos got derailed. But the plus side is that just means we all have a lot in our lives we really are grateful for :) 

5 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

@LostInAnImage flawless name btw, quoting one of her best songs ever:mcry: the positivity is so needed! I've been connecting with my spiritual self again lately after its taken a back seat in my life for so long and am again realizing how important it is.

We focus on so much negative in every aspect of this existence but seem to forget that there is always a positive to balance it all out. If people always look towards the negative, it's what we will eventually found ourselves surrounded in. So I'm super happy that everyone enjoyed this thread, even though it has kinda flopped since moving to general. I wish the mods would've kept it in the Britney section but I get that the convos got derailed. But the plus side is that just means we all have a lot in our lives we really are grateful for :) 

tenor.gif

11 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

@I_Need_MeThank you! You're also a great member, and extra points for referencing the infinitely flawless "Overprotected" in your screen name:kiss:

As far as Britney, I grew up listening to her music religiously since BOMT debuted, and since I'm also shy and introverted but have some pretty lofty goals for my own life (albeit in an entirely different capacity), she's served as an inspiration as to how you can take measures through perseverance, holistic lifestyle choices (e.g., exercise, yoga) and most importantly, drowning out the naysayers, to assist you in shutting off the anxiety and subsequently being able to wow your audience with that which you have to contribute to society. 

Aw thank you!  :hugs:

I agree with everything you said about Britney, especially the anxiety part.  I have always seen a lot of my personality traits were similar to hers.  Britney seems like she has the personality type of keeping things fun and happy and busy, but underneath all of that there is immense pain and sadness and that is why she keeps up that façade with the GP because she doesn't want to be hurt or show a vulnerable side.  It's probably why her breakdown was so bad, she couldn't escape it.  You hear all of these upbeat and pop songs but every once in a while there are those really sad songs that show us how she really feels.  I am very similar when it comes to dealing with anxiety and sadness and I think that is why I love Britney so much.  Also, all those times in the interviews where she has ever broke down and started crying is so hard to see. :crying11::crying1:  The one that really got to me was on For the Record where she goes "I'm sad"

You can see how she tries to hide it and when she finally admits to herself that she is not happy.  It gives me a very "Lucky" vibe... :ponderney:

Dang, I just go on these tangents but I can only really talk about this stuff on this forum lol.