We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chaoscontrol

The Positivity Thread

1 hour ago, fucknfurter said:

Definitely agreed. She's the only other Guns N' Roses fan on this board besides me, I think, lmao, and she knows her stuff about them; not just a, "I like Sweet Child O'Mine" person. Plus her knowledge of pop culture in general is just mindblowing. I agree with @Itachi, you can really learn a lot from her posts.

And I think @Lilith and I have the same taste in films and music too, since I know she's a Marilyn Manson fan.

I like a lot of Manson's stuff. I haven't listened to his newer stuff post Lest We Forget, but I do own Mechanical Animals and The Golden Age of Grotesque in physical, those albums really opened some eyes, as did Holy Wood. It's amazing how much of a central pop culture figure he was in the late 90's / early 00's.

Britney is the most inspiring artist to me mainly because of her music, timeless performances and her personal life. Her music really helps me when I feel stressed and I'm so happy to see her doing well especially because when I've known her she looked sad and wasn't really feeling it.

@LoanSPW I'm so sorry I stirred things up in the other thread I think you're a nice and kind member. I also hope you don't stop with the game we haven't done ITZ yet!! I love your Rediscover mixes btw :hugs: 

Also ty OP for this much needed thread. 

Just now, Margaery said:

Britney is the most inspiring artist to me mainly because of her music, timeless performances and her personal life. Her music really helps me when I feel stressed and I'm so happy to see her doing well especially because when I've known her she looked sad and wasn't really feeling it.

@LoanSPW I'm so sorry I stirred things up in the other thread I think you're a nice and kind member. I also hope you don't stop with the game we haven't done ITZ yet!! I love your Rediscover mixes btw :hugs: 

Also ty OP for this much needed thread. 

Ya'll are making me emotional:tiffsniffle: I needed this positivity tonight, and I'm happy everyone is enjoying the thread. 

We all focus I so much negativity day to day in all aspects of our lives, sometimes stuff like this is a breathe of fresh air. And yes @LoanSPW, keep the polls going! When the albums are done maybe we can do an unreleased poll! :) 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I like a lot of Manson's stuff. I haven't listened to his newer stuff post Lest We Forget, but I do own Mechanical Animals and The Golden Age of Grotesque in physical, those albums really opened some eyes, as did Holy Wood. It's amazing how much of a central pop culture figure he was in the late 90's / early 00's.

Actually completely same, though the last I heard was from The Golden Age of Grotesque. But oh, I love Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood, and I still cite Portrait of an American Family as one of my favorite albums of all time. It's so good. And it really is; he was everywhere (and blamed for so much) back in the day.

Just now, Andrew338 said:

I love how everyone here is like joeyhug4.gif

although is not that britney related you know. 

I'm worried it's gonna get moved to the pits of General and rot:eheeek: try and keep it Britney related ya'll! Although I'm happy to see everyone has a diverse taste in tunes! Variety is the spice of life :)

4 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Actually completely same, though the last I heard was from The Golden Age of Grotesque. But oh, I love Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood, and I still cite Portrait of an American Family as one of my favorite albums of all time. It's so good. And it really is; he was everywhere (and blamed for so much) back in the day.

Trent Razor really did jumpstart his career. Speaking of, I actually had a mutual friend who's boyfriend passed away sadly that was a huge Nine Inch Nails fan and he ended up keeping all the memorabilia, there was even condoms with the band logo. :orangu: 

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Trent Razor really did jumpstart his career. Speaking of I actually had a mutual friend who's boyfriend passed away sadly that was a huge Nine Inch Nails fan and he ended up keeping all the memorabilia, there was even condoms with the band logo. :orangu: 

He did, yes. But aww, I'm sorry to hear that. :( It's cool that he kept the memorabilia, though. Even the condom, lmfao, which I wasn't aware was a thing. Wow, Trent. I... that's fitting, really. :hahayea:

7 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I'm worried it's gonna get moved to the pits of General and rot:eheeek: try and keep it Britney related ya'll! Although I'm happy to see everyone has a diverse taste in tunes! Variety is the spice of life :)

ITZ is a flawless album with many timeless greats on it. I'm nervous for B10 and am really hoping Britney takes it seriously, but Glory did give me a little hope. BRITNEY. ;) 

Uhhhh so some more positivity......... I guess I like exhale bc it's cool to discuss britney and other aspects of pop culture with people that understand her/its importance. 

Even just being able to hold a conversation with people that will understand your "stan vocabulary" is refreshing. Or like mentioned above, being able to talk with other audiophiles that appreciate digital audio quality is always a fun convo :hype:

Oh my god this is such a great idea. We've had enough of unnecessary arguments. Thank's for the thread, we were needing it @Chaoscontrol, you're actually one of my favorite members here, never forget that it was the iconic Blur that got us talking. You're a really positive member and if everyone had a bit of your positivity, this forum would be a way better place.

@ShowdownITZ You're an ICONIC member here, one of the very few people that I know that will never turn your back on me and I hope that one day we'll be friends outside Exhale. We share similar opinions and I hope u start stanning my girl, Rem.

@Justney You haven't stalked me lately, so I think I will have to start stalking you haha. I like you as a member, we share similar opinions and you have a great/fun personality. You're one of mine, strong opinions yet no desperation to argue.

@button Like you as a member, we may not always agree (although most of the time I think we do) but that doesn't make us argue, we respect each others opinion and I remember that you were one of the first members I spoke to here (remember u telling me why Slave underperformed in America). Plus you seem like someone I'd have a some laughs and a glass of wine at 2am with (expect I hate wine and I'm underage, I think you're too:dead:).

@Urbanney The other day u said you loved me in my thread and left me like this:calculating: well if you love me, I love you too:lemmetellu:

@Damsel in Distress I don't know what happened to you, but I've missed you since you left me:crying11: You were the very first person that I spoke to and [confession time] I actually registered because of you. I had been reading this forum for months and would end up signing up soon but u were the final push. Remember our conversation?

@danny1994 I simply like you and find you a genuine/pure member. You're very polite and respectful, well know you'll always have my respect too. I don't think we'll ever have problems. Read the below one   :moorangu:

@Body ache I'll erase the mini beef that happened between us, I forgive you for calling me whatever you called me that initiated our beef. Danny was also in the beef but I'm sure he forgives you too. Danny, we have to give him props for his iconic 40 sec each song setlist:dead:

As for Britney, we do criticise her, but let's give her props for still being out there and doing some promo, everyone thought she would never sing again. I have an older cousin who has been a STAN since '99 and she was telling me the other day that at some point in '07 she thought Britney would never come back. Take my hat off for that. A true Queen.

2 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

Over the summer i took a cross country road trip with a bunch of friends and when we went to Vegas i bought a britney shirt, and in our group chat we just decided that im gonna wear it on the first day if school, so im excited for that

Slay a bit, coolest kid in school:queenflopga:

9 minutes ago, Iexpectyouto said:

Over the summer i took a cross country road trip with a bunch of friends and when we went to Vegas i bought a britney shirt, and in our group chat we just decided that im gonna wear it on the first day if school, so im excited for that

I see you and your friends trying to teach your school to like some quality music :uknowit:

I love Britney Spears, and everything that she does. I'm so thankful for her existence. :makeitrain: I listen to her everyday.

About Exhalers, in general I think ya'll are very funny. I've been to other forums, and I think at some point it made sense to be there, but there was always something missing. When I moved to the other forum, it was around the time Jordan tried to make this a Pop forum instead of just Britney, and then not only that, but I started to see a lot of negativity. Lately I've seen the negativity to come out again, but I think it's not as bad as it once was.

It's always healthy to see different point of views in here, and it's so interesting to see how diverse our opinions are, how we all love Britney Spears with the same passion, but for very different reasons, whether is the different personality traits she's displayed through the years, or the different music she's done, or even the color of her hair. There's a something-ney for everyone. I think it would be very boring if we all thought the same, and we all wanted the same from her or for her. The people is changing too, we're getting older, some people aren't that active anymore, there's new people that for some reason keep coming to join the party, even though she's way past her prime, but it's good. Ya'll just make me feel so old everytime you mention your age, and got me like "am I really 7, 8 years older than these kids?" :overwhelm:

But going to back to the point where we all think different, at the same time I miss those days when we used to slay every single online poll, for more insignificant that it was. Or those threads to certify a video, even if it took centuries, like HIAM. Or when we used to request songs to radio stations. The "Britney Army" used to be a huge force on the Internet :P But I repeat, I know we're getting older, and I'm the first one to recognize I don't have that much time left since I got my job, and even before in the last semesters of college. And we've got a lot of competition from other newer fanbases, so I know it's almost useless to try to compete anymore. I just wish we could still have that at least, as a fanbase, since we're not getting new music or videos or anything nowadays. It's very hard to stick together when most of the people are so pissed with the current situation, but if you're really fans of her, you'll always come back to celebrate whatever she releases next, whenever she releases it, so I think we'll keep seeing us in here for a long time.

45 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

for Britney, we do criticise her, but let's give her props for still being out there and doing some promo, everyone thought she would never sing again. I have an older cousin who has been a STAN since '99 and she was telling me the other day that at some point in '07 she thought Britney would never come back. Take my hat off for that. A true Queen.

It's true, I'm really just happy that she's in a good place and still making music. Back in 2007, I think a part of everyone who was watching never thought she'd come back, but even now the GP has given her the respect she deserves. Only a legend :tiffsniffle:

edit: the GP in my life give her the credit she deserves! Can't speak for everyone out there!

18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But going to back to the point where we all think different, at the same time I miss those days when we used to slay every single online poll, for more insignificant that it was. Or those threads to certify a video, even if it took centuries, like HIAM. Or when we used to request songs to radio stations. The "Britney Army" used to be a huge force on the Internet :P But I repeat, I know we're getting older, and I'm the first one to recognize I don't have that much time left since I got my job, and even before in the last semesters of college. And we've got a lot of competition from other newer fanbases, so I know it's almost useless to try to compete anymore. I just wish we could still have that at least, as a fanbase, since we're not getting new music or videos or anything nowadays. It's very hard to stick together when most of the people are so pissed with the current situation, but if you're really fans of her, you'll always come back to celebrate whatever she releases next, whenever she releases it, so I think we'll keep seeing us in here for a long time.

I'm glad I got to experience a bit of that, 2/3 years ago I remember that we'd win any poll. I guess it's because she's been losing tons of fans + isnt making new ones + the ones she has aren't getting younger.