We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
No Seas Cortés

I saw Celine Dion in concert last week and...

...And I'm still completely scapled by the whole night. She really gives it all and she was so engaged with the music and the audience throughout the entire concert. She told stories and said how much she loves British food. She even ran out into the crowd and sang the last song in the middle of the arena at the sound desk!

It was the best night of my life!

Here's my video of "Think Twice" which was the highlight of the entire evening - the crowd singing along is everything and gives me goosebumps. (Sorry about my occasional singing and woo-ing!)

3 hours ago, PieceofBritney said:

I think she's very gifted but I could never like her stuff. :embarrassed:

Each to their own I suppose. I grew up with her music and heard most of her material before Britney exploded in the late 90's. Mostly I like dance and trance stuff, but I'll always appreciate Celine and her power-house vocals.

I went to a Coldplay concert and was totally slayed by their audience interaction. Constantly talking and joking with  the crowd and when someone asked them to play an Oasis song they did. Im so used to Britneys absolute minimum interaction that, that was the best thing for me.

I saw her last year in Montreal (Summer Tour 2016/Encore un soir concert). No costume change, but the dress was magnificent. Céline interacted a lot w/ her audience, and I'm very glad I went.

She's incredibly talented. I wonder, though, why do her vocals remain essentially unchanged over the years while the other "divas" of that same time period can no longer perform nearly on par with how they used to? Does she just employ a very good technique and take measures to prevent vocal deterioration? I genuinely don't know, so would be appreciate of anyone who does! 

20 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

She's incredibly talented. I wonder, though, why do her vocals remain essentially unchanged over the years while the other "divas" of that same time period can no longer perform nearly on par with how they used to? Does she just employ a very good technique and take measures to prevent vocal deterioration? I genuinely don't know, so would be appreciate of anyone who does! 

I think it's because she doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs - most of the diva's around do at least 1 of those, some do all three - and they can all have a massive impact on your voice over the years. She also has a special machine she uses daily, to open up and treat her vocal chords. She just takes really good cae of herself and her voice because she knows that her voice is her livelihood.

49 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

I think it's because she doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs - most of the diva's around do at least 1 of those, some do all three - and they can all have a massive impact on your voice over the years. She also has a special machine she uses daily, to open up and treat her vocal chords. She just takes really good cae of herself and her voice because she knows that her voice is her livelihood.

Ah I see, I don't know any personal facts about her, so thanks for the response :) The impact of a very healthy lifestyle makes sense, considering how adhering to such reflects upon one's outer appearance as well. And she is indubitably aging very gracefully.