We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Lana Del Rey’s ‘Lust For Life’ Debuts At No. 1

Not a summer bummer.

Congratulations are in order for Lana Del Rey.

The pop star's summer bummer LP Lust For Life opened up at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with 108,000 equivalent album units in its first week.

It was a close call – Tyler, The Creator's new record Flower Boy trailed behind at No. 2 with 106,000 equivalent album units. Meek Mill's Wins & Losses debuted at No. 3 with 86,000 units. The numbers for all three artists quite impressive considering none of them scored a mainstream hit. It just goes to show how powerful a core fanbase can be; there's strength in numbers.

This marks Lana's second No. 1 album – the other being 2014's Ultraviolence.

Thoughts on Lana's big win? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

1 hour ago, IUSAtonight said:

It seems like only Britney can't get a no1 with over 100k sales :zoomzoom:

Good for her tho. I like the new album

For real though! I mean, Brit always seems to pick release dates with heavy competition. She could have easily bested everyone in the top 3 this week. However, I'm super happy for Lana. And you know what ... she doesn't really promote either. And her sh!t leaked ahead of schedule. See Brit, there's still hope for a future #1 if you get back to work in the studio!! :)  :outwithit: