We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Icons! Britney’s Python And Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” Wedding Dress Star In MTV’s New VMA Advert

I think a great VMA performance for last year that would've gotten people talking is if she re-did Gimme More. But obviously better. And then do Make Me & end with DYWCO. A long performance like Beyoncé if she was gonna go after her. That would've been great. Make Me is such a lackluster song to perform live. Doesn't matter if she's performing it with 2001 primeney energy & technique. It's still not gonna be all that. 

VMA's are already a nostalgia act. They just try to catch new audiences by remembering old times, but doing boring shows nowadays. :mattafact:

18 hours ago, clueless said:

is that her voice at the end? ok so the vmas are britney confirmed :outwithit:

What, the Video Killed The Radio Star cover? I... actually don't know. I don't think so.

1 minute ago, Dollanganger said:

Um, it's Madonna, not Britney's. :byebitch:

Yeah, people are forgetting that Madonna's original performance in that dress was iconic, too.  The snake is a Britney reference, not the dress.  

On 22/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, lorenzopaolog said:

I think a great VMA performance for last year that would've gotten people talking is if she re-did Gimme More. But obviously better. And then do Make Me & end with DYWCO. A long performance like Beyoncé if she was gonna go after her. That would've been great. Make Me is such a lackluster song to perform live. Doesn't matter if she's performing it with 2001 primeney energy & technique. It's still not gonna be all that. 

I'm sorry but last year performance was in reality reaaaally reminiscent of the 2007 ones. 

It's cute how Britney's 2001 and 2003's VMA performances are the last ever iconic VMA performances and they keep re-using them for promo year after year... Shows you Britney is the last artist who had actual impact on society (Gags came close after but failed in a short period of time).

10 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

No Britney no VMAs.

Icons! Britney’s Python Banana And Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” Wedding Dress Star In MTV’s New VMA Advert

No Britney no VMAs.

MTV's 2017 Video Music Awards kick off Sunday, August 27. To gear fans up for one of music's biggest nights, they aired a spacey clip featuring several iconic VMA moments. Unfortunately, there haven't been too many in recent history, so they're reviving a couple of nostalgic goodies. The advert features Madonna's "Like A Virgin" wedding dress and Britney's yellow python named banana. Fans are wondering if they're alluding to an appearance/performance from the pop princess. Let the meltdowns begin!

Watch below, and cross your fingers for something epic to happen this year. Because let's face it: the days of awards shows are numbered.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

And oops reference tho :mattafact:

10 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

No Britney no VMAs.

Icons! Britney’s Python Banana And Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” Wedding Dress Star In MTV’s New VMA Advert

No Britney no VMAs.

MTV's 2017 Video Music Awards kick off Sunday, August 27. To gear fans up for one of music's biggest nights, they aired a spacey clip featuring several iconic VMA moments. Unfortunately, there haven't been too many in recent history, so they're reviving a couple of nostalgic goodies. The advert features Madonna's "Like A Virgin" wedding dress and Britney's yellow python named banana. Fans are wondering if they're alluding to an appearance/performance from the pop princess. Let the meltdowns begin!

Watch below, and cross your fingers for something epic to happen this year. Because let's face it: the days of awards shows are numbered.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

And oops reference tho :mattafact:

Let's be real, Britney truly is the epitome of the VMA's. It's kind of crazy how she made this award show so important and big over the last 20 years....they ar still using her imagery to promote the show even if she isn't attending. She should feel flattered and other music artists should recognize Britney's star power.

im actually wondering if she will be nominated for her 2 singles from Glory? I know the album is done( which is sad because it was one of her best albums)... I truly believe that Slumber party video should get some sort of nomination( best pop song or even video of the year).

I don't feel like Britney's performance last year was even bad, it's not up to par with her old iconic  performances but you guys have to remember...during the whole Glory album cycle, she was juggling promotion for glory with her Vegas residency and that's why her performances weren't as iconic and used so much recycled choreo. I think what we all want is Britney to start creating amazing performances with great choreography like she use to and that's NEVER going to happen while she has a Vegas residency. It just won't work out with time and logistics...simply put when she has a Vegas residency, she will never have the proper amount of time to create extremely fresh performances.

lastly, we can't keep expecting Britney to do all these "anniversary performances"...I'm all for something big next year to celebrate her 20 yrs/10th album but anything besides that means that we are trying to keep her in the past. She's so young and doesn't need to keep living off of her old hits. She's a creative artist and needs to produce new amazing performance that align with new music.