We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ALLEYESONUS!

Anyone else that suffers from depression?

On 2017-08-17 at 11:17 PM, Brichney. said:

I go through it at times. Make sure you have a friend you can go out with, every now and then. Go out and eat well, take care of yourself, it's good for you. Go dancing or run or go to the beach. Do things that keep you away from using your phone, get closer to nature. I believe social media and technology played a major role in the current depressing state of humanity. 

Social media has a very bad effect on my mood so I totally agree! Sometimes I turn off my phone for a couple of hours and usually it feels really good! 

11 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Don't worry, you're not alone.

I suffer from depression all my life and for the past two years it's been hitting me hard (life, bills, not having a job, responsibilities) and sometimes I feel like just ending it all but I see Britney still trying to make it and still persevering even in the face of negative people and even though she is not 100% there, she is still trying which is why I kept stringing along but lately I realize that I was just living simply just to live and survive and that with my low self confidence, it didn't help and no one is gonna help you if you don't help yourself. I used to write faithfully in my journals and the act of physically writing and being able to see my thoughts in front of me help me confront my feelings and insecurities (sometimes making me realize how silly I was for thinking that or understand why I felt like that) and that helped me become in tune with myself and appreciate myself. It's true even though it's a cliche is to love yourself. I'm still struggling and slowly try to build myself up. You can listen to everybody's advice and suggestions but if you can't learn to embrace who you are and love yourself, you're just blindly doing things just for the sake of it and you start to drift back into depression again. That is me and I used to think that I am not worth anything or I don't deserve the best but if I think that, people will think that of me and it's just an ongoing circle. I'm glad that there are people out there that feel the same and it's great to have topics like this. 

I feel like it's important to talk about it. So you're not just "talking" to your self about it. It helps to know that you're not alone and to hear that some people have gone through what you're going through but are better now. It gives you hope.

I have really bad days, and sometimes I feel like I'm living because others want me to live, not because I wanna live. And that's bad. 

I think the main reason for this is that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life right now. I don't see my friends that often anymore either so some days I'm all alone. Well I have my family but sometimes you need your friends.

11 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

I feel like it's important to talk about it. So you're not just "talking" to your self about it. It helps to know that you're not alone and to hear that some people have gone through what you're going through but are better now. It gives you hope.

I have really bad days, and sometimes I feel like I'm living because others want me to live, not because I wanna live. And that's bad. 

I think the main reason for this is that I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life right now. I don't see my friends that often anymore either so some days I'm all alone. Well I have my family but sometimes you need your friends.

Oh yes, I do agree on that. I've talked about it to some friends but yeah like you, I rarely see them and most of them are either having families of their own or working. 

Yeah I also don't know what to do with my life now, I wanted to be a film maker and photographer but I feel less driven to pursue that and instead just curl up in bed and just mope. It's sad and really pathetic especially seeing your friends having success and going places.

7 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Oh yes, I do agree on that. I've talked about it to some friends but yeah like you, I rarely see them and most of them are either having families of their own or working. 

Yeah I also don't know what to do with my life now, I wanted to be a film maker and photographer but I feel less driven to pursue that and instead just curl up in bed and just mope. It's sad and really pathetic especially seeing your friends having success and going places.

Hopefully, someday it will be better

I have severe social anxiety, whenever I'm in a room with a bunch of people I get super anxious and it's getting to the stage now where the anxiety manifests into physical pain (headache, stomachache)  literally can't get through a day of work without my two best friends xanax and zoloft lol.

14 hours ago, I'mSoCurious said:

Plus

giphy.gifQ8oZV.gif

It's actually really good advice. I started going to the gym again and I'm feeling x10 times better already and my thoughts aren't as depressing anymore. And they are usually very depressing. :mattafact: 

It's even better than drugs, I assure you, I've tried many in the past. I feel the happiest after a workout.