We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadow.

What's the meaning behind your username?

I know this has been done before but i'm interested.

If none of you know why I have my username remove yourself from this thread :begone:

Spoiler

Just in case there are any flops, its one of britney's best songs from her best album :lemmetellu:

Mine is pretty self-explanatory.  It's from my favorite Britney song. 

My username represents me shedding the expectations other people had of me growing up.  Always having to be overprotected and sheltered from the world and being told what to do and how to live my life.  I actually went through a dark time while in college because of people all around me telling me I had to be a certain way and do this and do that.  For background info, I went to a religious college and me being gay obviously didn't fit their agenda.  The dean met with me once a week for three years and had me read three books on how to not be gay and I had to go to therapy at the school.  A lot of my friends I made there also tried telling me it was wrong and wouldn't talk to me when they found out.  It made me feel like I was suffocating and felt trapped and I actually started to believe them because I feel like people start believing others when it seems like you are the only one who is "wrong".

I finally just decided "I need me".  If I make mistakes then that is on me, but at least I can say that I learned and not be coddled and sheltered from doing things on my own.  I had many ups and downs, but this is my life and it is my own journey.

Wow.  Sorry for the rant.  I just really love Overprotected :) 

2 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

Mine is pretty self-explanatory.  It's from my favorite Britney song. 

My username represents me shedding the expectations other people had of me growing up.  Always having to be overprotected and sheltered from the world and being told what to do and how to live my life.  I actually went through a dark time while in college because of people all around me telling me I had to be a certain way and do this and do that.  For background info, I went to a religious college and me being gay obviously didn't fit their agenda.  The dean met with me once a week for three years and had me read three books on how to not be gay and I had to go to therapy at the school.  A lot of my friends I made there also tried telling me it was wrong and wouldn't talk to me when they found out.  It made me feel like I was suffocating and felt trapped and I actually started to believe them because I feel like people start believing others when it seems like you are the only one who is "wrong".

I finally just decided "I need me".  If I make mistakes then that is on me, but at least I can say that I learned and not be coddled and sheltered from doing things on my own.  I had many ups and downs, but this is my life and it is my own journey.

Wow.  Sorry for the rant.  I just really love Overprotected :) 

Those people dont deserve any more of your time, you be whoever you want to be sweetie :hugs: 

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

Those people dont deserve any more of your time, you be whoever you want to be sweetie :hugs: 

Thank you :hugs: That means a lot to me :) 

1 hour ago, Catalin said:

I can't see Inside Out in your username though.:cutebrit:

Inside out is nice but I'm talking about the best song:cutebrit: