We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Born2Die

One Time Pop Singer, Aaron Carter Gets Arrested for DUI and It's Not Pretty

7 posts in this topic

Check out the mugshot...:gross:

Nick Carter is reaching out publicly to his little brother Aaron Carter after his arrest in Georgia.

The younger singer, 29, was arrested Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence and pot possession, while his passenger, girlfriend Madison Parker, was taken into custody for alleged pot-related offenses. Aaron was released Sunday afternoon after posting bail. The two have not commented.

"To my brother: I love u no matter what & if u feel the need to reach for help, I am here and willing to help you get better," Nick, 27, wrote on Twitter. "Family isn't always easy, be we're all here for you."

Aaron, who used to open for Nick's group the Backstreet Boys when he was a child and appeared with him and their family on House of Carters, was arrested for possession of at least two ounces of marijuana in Texas in 2008. Three years later, he spent one month in rebab to treat addiction issues.

He told E! News several years ago that he was introduced to "a lot of different things," especially pot, at an early age. In 2005, photos of him at age 15 smoking weed were published in The National Enquirer. He said the pics "damn near ruined my career" and that he ended up going to rehab to "just like take a break and try to just like, you know, figure out how to get myself healthy and together."

rs_1024x759-170716125142-1024.aaron-nick

Hope he gets the help he needs. Looks like he's lived a ROUGH 29 years. 

On 7/17/2017 at 4:57 AM, fucknfurter said:

:umomg: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO AARON CARTER, OMG. 

I feel bad for him :decisions:.

I remember briefly loving him during my tween years, but after that phase seeing his eventual breakdown clearly pending.

Their family is super dysfunctional, I remember Nick saying he no longer has any contact with them because it's too destructive. Tons of issues with addiction, in concert with parents who perceive their children as nothing but dollar signs, and I recall one of the Carter siblings died from an overdose just a few years ago.

And you can tell from Aaron's mugshot that pot is hardly the problematic substance in his life. He should be in an actual intensive drug treatment center, not being arrested for frivolous pot charges. 

Hope he eventually gets clean and finds some peace, like Nick did. :crying11:

On 7/18/2017 at 2:14 PM, LostInAnImage said:

I feel bad for him :decisions:.

I remember briefly loving him during my tween years, but after that phase seeing his eventual breakdown clearly pending.

Their family is super dysfunctional, I remember Nick saying he no longer has any contact with them because it's too destructive. Tons of issues with addiction, in concert with parents who perceive their children as nothing but dollar signs, and I recall one of the Carter siblings died from an overdose just a few years ago.

And you can tell from Aaron's mugshot that pot is hardly the problematic substance in his life. He should be in an actual intensive drug treatment center, not being arrested for frivolous pot charges. 

Hope he eventually gets clean and finds some peace, like Nick did. :crying11:

I do, too. :( Initial reaction aside, I feel for the guy.

These, however, are things I was completely unaware of. I didn't know it was so dysfunctional in the Carter household. (To be fair, I was only a casual fan of BSB back in the day and I think that really only extended to the "Everybody" MV, because I thought it was really, really cool. I'm that way about all boy bands; typically I follow female singers and girl groups and just sort of... ignore the boy bands. Sorry, guys!) But no, I agree; this definitely isn't the work of pot. That looks like years of alcohol abuse and something much harder than weed.

But I definitely agree. I know how difficult it is to get clean, too, so I wish him much luck there.