We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Fans Believe Christina Aguilera Is Getting The MTV Video Vanguard Award At This Year's VMAs

104 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Curious_1110 said:

I'm sorry but wouldn't that be Pink? She, at least from my perspective, feels like a bigger music icon than Christina Aguilera.

P!nk had more longevity but Xtina feels much more of a 2000s icon than P!nk. I think P!nk may be the bigger icon (debatable) but Xtina is the bigger 2000s icon.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think she is going to get it but I do think she has very beautiful, interesting and meaningful videos.

I actually agree with this, but are these videos memorable? I don't think so, sure for her fans they are, but I think general public only cares for Dirty, Lady Mamalade and Beautiful.

BTW I love Your Body, is her only good (solo) song in like 10 yeas.

6 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

No, she doesn't. :tiffcackle: She has one album in the RnR Hall of Fame library, where you can find tons of other albums or songs. It's not a big accomplishment.

No, it wasn't, It was cancelled because of her personal issues (divorce). Were tickets even put on sale?

One of them can sing, the other hasn't done that since 2004 (don't count HB, a song that anyone can do). One can write songs like Walk Away or You Lost Me, the other writes sh!t like My Baby or Mmm Papi. One of them is respected, the other is a seen as talentless. Britney might have more sucess and be a better dancer, but Xtina trumps her in many topics like songwriting, career involvment and vocals.

What does that have to do with anything? :tiffcackle:

Is it necessary for you to drag Brittney to prove your point? :ponderney:

BTW Bionic tickets did go on sale. They had to cancel the tour because  ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶u̶r̶l̶e̶s̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ the sales weren't what they expected. People who purchased the tickets got their money back. 

4 hours ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

BTW Bionic tickets did go on sale. They had to cancel the tour because  ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶c̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶B̶u̶r̶l̶e̶s̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶v̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ the sales weren't what they expected. People who purchased the tickets got their money back. 

Actually the sales were going fine. Some dates were doing better than others but it wasnt terrible. They planned it terribly with her album release and movie so she only had less than a month time between Bionics release and the tour begin to reherse. So they decided to postpone it to 2011. They then never resceduled because Christina got divorced, depressed and fat. Instead she decided to do a new album (Lotus) and wanted to tour for that. But they never planned the tour and the album flopped anyway.

Candyman has over 170 millions views and that song didn't even go top 10. I'd say it's somewhat remembered.

I love Missy Elliots music but the only music video I can remember is Run This and I only remember it because one of my favorite gymnasts (Dominique Dawes) is in it.  Obviously Im a Christina fan so I am biased but I do think she has a very different, visually beautiful and stylish discography.

normal_10~336.jpgnormal_49671_Christina_Aguilera-019597_3

normal_2~473.jpgbehind_the_video_dirrty_1102489747.jpg

normal_2~520.jpg

normal_978612300_look28429_122_591lo.jpgnormal_001~502.jpgbehind_anom_pro_1161750913.jpgnormal_candyman_mkv_000139264.jpg

normal_01~22.jpg008~2.jpgnormal_btv_hurt_pro_1162087771.jpgnormal_04~3.jpgnormal_009~1.jpgnormal_000~262.jpgnormal_005.JPG

10 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Actually the sales were going fine. Some dates were doing better than others but it wasnt terrible. They planned it terribly with her album release and movie so she only had less than a month time between Bionics release and the tour begin to reherse. So they decided to postpone it to 2011. They then never resceduled because Christina got divorced, depressed and fat. Instead she decided to do a new album (Lotus) and wanted to tour for that. But they never planned the tour and the album flopped anyway.

OK

tumblr_ot3hilO6Nr1roemloo1_540.jpg

16 minutes ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

OK

lmao sure lets trust the trash rumor magazine ok... I remember going online and looking for tickets. I remember it not being bad.  Also love how you cut out the part that said why it was postponed and not CANCELLED.

21 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

lmao sure lets trust the trash rumor magazine ok... I remember going online and looking for tickets. I remember it not being bad.  Also love how you cut out the part that said why it was postponed and not CANCELLED.

I didn't cut it, you can read it.  

The poor ticket sales thing is something you can find all over the media, I just bring the first google result.

I'm a former Xtina casual fan, I know what I'm talking about. Actually I stopped caring after the Bionic mess.
She barely sold 30% of the tickets released in Canada. If you "fighters" want to believe she was doing fine with the tour, it's ok, but you´re not fooling anybody, we all know the tour flopped. 

This is not the best time to give it to her, it would be more understandable after a huge era, at least.

Still, she deserves it way more than anyone who has received it since Britney.

22 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

This is not the best time to give it to her, it would be more understandable after a huge era, at least.

She's probably gonna use this to kick off a huge era (if she does receive it). :outwithit:

On 13/07/2017 at 3:38 AM, IconicShow said:

Christina has done so many videos and MTV doesn't just take into account special effect videos or high budged videos as Iconic or amazing.

For example Missy Elliott has so many amazing videos and hadn't won a moon man for years. Missy brought so much creativity and visual effects.

Britney had several Iconic videos before she won for "Piece of Me" even Britney admitted that she was shocked she on the VMA "I've done far better videos" -Britney

If Christina gets this I'm not mad at it, shes been in the game over 20 years, known as this generations voice, shes sold millions of album, had several #1 hits and brought many different looks and vibes to her videos.

aguilera_02.gifc6rNZ.gif

d2a5797322aa690765e8e86ec4013f58.gifgiphy.gif

Dirrty-Christina-Aguilera-2002.gifdzx8va.jpggiphy-7-1443065352.giftumblr_lkj9tfi0uv1qdf8w1o1_500.gif

tumblr_mb39k6lXZk1qexv03o2_500.gif980x.jpg

Genie-in-a-bottle.gifxtina-beautiful.gifgiphy.giftumblr_novo8h5eUS1qc5i9so1_500.giftumblr_n66rx8OJO71r33943o1_500.giftumblr_m6jwfpEizL1ruqam4o1_500.gifa09b8619-7ce2-4364-869d-96f3b364ccd6.gifchristina-aguilera-gif-50.gifgiphy.giftumblr_o2t1wcwxzC1tt6s82o2_400.gifFTM01.gif4.gifgiphy.gife44c7d3f4ba2201ffcf2b44bafca142c.gif

tumblr_o6m25tgbhy1qd4rf5o1_500.giftumblr_mb64irzkdj1r33943o1_500.gif

tumblr_lr7dliGSpH1qivi2to4_400.gif

I actually like Xtina but you can't use 'she's been in the game for 20 years' as a praise if she has been irrelevant for half for half of those years.

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

She's probably gonna use this to kick of a huge era (if she does receive it). :outwithit:

Yeah, it will really help her new era but everyone will be :calculating:.

I actually want Xtina to succeed, I want her to have a huge era, I'm so tired of these new stars who will never be iconic (and I'm a teen). I have the feeling that if Britney saw Xtina overshadowing her for the first time, she'd be more motivated to slay as Xtina has always been her main rival (even tho they weren't really rivals but yeah).

5 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I actually want Xtina to succeed, I want her to have a huge era, I'm so tired of these new stars who will never be iconic (and I'm a teen). I have the feeling that if Britney saw Xtina overshadowing her for the first time, she'd be more motivated to slay as Xtina has always been her main rival (even tho they weren't really rivals but yeah).

I actually thought of that before and I agree. But I think Xtina already overshadowed Britney in 2013 with Feel This Moment, The Voice and Say Something. She was doing really well while Britney was doing stuff like Ooh La La, Britney Jean and Vegas. :gross:

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I actually thought of that before and I agree. But I think Xtina already overshadowed Britney in 2013 with Feel This Moment, The Voice and Say Something. She was doing really well while Britney was doing stuff like Ooh La La, Britney Jean and Vegas. :gross:

Don't think so, gp has actually started making jokes about her not leaving The Voice, think that isn't enough to overshadow Britney or BJ (as it was more successful than her last 2 albums). Xtina in 2013 was doing just as good as Britney in 2012 with S&S and the X Factor, except Britney was coming of a successful era &  Britney on the X Factor made more headlines than Xtina on The Voice. Like, at least for me, that didn't make me feel like she's successful or anything. An album with hit singles, awards, vma performance and good promo is what would change the game for her. Oh, and a debut above 150k at least. I'm rooting for her, and what I want is a huge era, so that Britney notices that Xtina is starting to outshine her. And not only cause of that, I want someone from Britney's peak era to rule the charts again, other than Beyonce, although she peaked over a decade ago chartwise.

5 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Don't think so, gp has actually started making jokes about her not leaving The Voice, think that isn't enough to overshadow Britney or BJ (as it was more successful than her last 2 albums). Xtina in 2013 was doing just as good as Britney in 2012 with S&S and the X Factor, except Britney was coming of a successful era &  Britney on the X Factor made more headlines than Xtina on The Voice. Like, at least for me, that didn't make me feel like she's successful or anything. An album with hit singles, awards, vma performance and good promo is what would change the game for her. Oh, and a debut above 150k at least. I'm rooting for her, and what I want is a huge era, so that Britney notices that Xtina is starting to outshine her. 

Xtina, in my opinion, was on her way to a comeback in 2013/2014. She was getting good press because of her weight loss, Say Something was smashing and she had a hit with FTM earlier that year. Even when she got pregnant she was still doing lots of stuff. However, she wasted the hype by not actually releasing an album and staying on The Voice. She wasted her momentum. I still think she could do well if she was in a better label, had the right music and did the right promo.

2 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I actually like Xtina but you can't use 'she's been in the game for 20 years' as a praise if she has been irrelevant for half for half of those years.

Irrelevant in what sense?

She's been on a hit show The Voice for years, and had hit singles with other artists on the charts. She might not be selling big or having success with her albums but that's most of the industry almost the last decade.

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Xtina, in my opinion, was on her way to a comeback in 2013/2014. She was getting good press because of her weight loss, Say Something was smashing and she had a hit with FTM earlier that year. Even when she got pregnant she was still doing lots of stuff. However, she wasted the hype by not actually releasing an album and staying on The Voice. She wasted her momentum. I still think she could do well if she was in a better label, had the right music and did the right promo.

Agree, in 2013/2014 I wasn't really into Pop Culture although I was already a Britney fan, but I remember loving Fell This Moment, Say Something isn't my type but yeah heard it enough time to call it a hit. But wasn't Moves Like Jagger (one of my fav songs of all time tbh) released just before Bionic? I never really understood why Bionic flopped, maybe the promp was really crap... did you hear the rumours that Gaga tried sabotaging it back then? I also heard that Xtina's label though it would be good for her to try and compete with Gaga...

6 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Irrelevant in what sense?

She's been on a hit show The Voice for years, and had hit singles with other artists on the charts. She might not be selling big or having success with her albums but that's most of the industry almost the last decade.

Irrelevant by having her albums tanking mega hard on the BB200 and only managing to 'get' hits on feats and her own songs flopped, which shows that her feats (which she wasnt the lead) were successful but not because of her. The hit show has become a joke as some people nowadays question themselves if her main job is being singer or a judge. Irrelevant is (almost) every way you can imagine. I'm not a hater, I actually somewhat like her but this is the hard truth.

2 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

I wouldn't say she's been out of the game... more like she's been sitting on the bench :quirkney:.

I don't think Britney cares or remembers Christina... I can see her answering some question like the way she answered about collaborating with JT as if she didn't know him lol 

Xtina may not have had any major success or impact in the last couple years but her talent keeps her relevant to a certain point, the same way 'Primeney' will always keep Britney relevant imo

17 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Agree, in 2013/2014 I wasn't really into Pop Culture although I was already a Britney fan, but I remember loving Fell This Moment, Say Something isn't my type but yeah heard it enough time to call it a hit. But wasn't Moves Like Jagger (one of my fav songs of all time tbh) released just before Bionic? I never really understood why Bionic flopped, maybe the promp was really crap... did you hear the rumours that Gaga tried sabotaging it back then? I also heard that Xtina's label though it would be good for her to try and compete with Gaga...

MLJ was released in 2011 and, let's be real, Xtina didn't have much to with it becoming a hit. She only appears on like 30 seconds of the song.

I think Bionic flopped because the entire world was against her. Pop stans did the most, dragging her left and right and convincing people that the album was bad. Pop stans even call it "the Bionic massacre" and say she's lucky to still have a career after that. Perez (who loved Gaga at the time) spent his entire time accusing her of copying Gaga and, when the Bionic tour was cancelled, he basically created the "Floptina" name that everyone uses nowadays. She also got really fat during the era and was having personal troubles (divorce, arrested, accused of punching her kid, etc.). RCA interfered with the album to make it more generic. And there's also a rumour that RCA forced her to a GH album when she already had the original Bionic ready. I mean, by that time, she only had 3 albums, so a greatest hits album wasn't necessary. I kinda believe Gaga sabotage rumours as well. There's no denying she was very competitive during the Fame Monter era. But karma is a b!tch and, 3 years later, Gaga would be asking X to collab with her on her flop song DWUW, while Xtina was smashing with SS. :explainlol:

But I think you should ask @The Greatest Show about this since she's more likely to know all the details.