We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Fans Believe Christina Aguilera Is Getting The MTV Video Vanguard Award At This Year's VMAs

104 posts in this topic

I dont think she is going to get it but I do think she has very beautiful, interesting and meaningful videos.

Also Come on over is such a visually stunning video (considering the time) and super fun.

Even your body was a tacky mess but imo interesting visually

Also This is very simple but a its done in one take and is also very beautiful

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think she is going to get it but I do think she has very beautiful, interesting and meaningful videos.

Also Come on over is such a visually stunning video (considering the time) and super fun.

Even your body was a tacky mess but imo interesting visually

Also This is very simple but a its done in one take and is also very beautiful

yeah these too, especially come on over and the voice within' are so good.

Lol at everyone discrediting her again... why? Because she's less successful and less 'relevant' than Britney? So what? Between all the females from their generation, Xtina has had one of the most diverse video catalogue. Debut album videos are on the same level as Britney's debut videos... LM won video of the year, Dirrty was huge, Beautiful was huge, Fighter was more different than what any popstar was doing at that moment, CHUD and TVW are less known but great visuals. All the videos from B2B were great... can't speak for what came after... she definitely hasn't made a strong mark in the last decade but I feel like she's coming back with something big. Also JT is more relevant than Xtina but her videography >> than his... she does deserve it.... But I'm not convinced her following MTV means that she's getting it.

Christina has done so many videos and MTV doesn't just take into account special effect videos or high budged videos as Iconic or amazing.

For example Missy Elliott has so many amazing videos and hadn't won a moon man for years. Missy brought so much creativity and visual effects.

Britney had several Iconic videos before she won for "Piece of Me" even Britney admitted that she was shocked she on the VMA "I've done far better videos" -Britney

If Christina gets this I'm not mad at it, shes been in the game over 20 years, known as this generations voice, shes sold millions of album, had several #1 hits and brought many different looks and vibes to her videos.

aguilera_02.gifc6rNZ.gif

d2a5797322aa690765e8e86ec4013f58.gifgiphy.gif

Dirrty-Christina-Aguilera-2002.gifdzx8va.jpggiphy-7-1443065352.giftumblr_lkj9tfi0uv1qdf8w1o1_500.gif

tumblr_mb39k6lXZk1qexv03o2_500.gif980x.jpg

Genie-in-a-bottle.gifxtina-beautiful.gifgiphy.giftumblr_novo8h5eUS1qc5i9so1_500.giftumblr_n66rx8OJO71r33943o1_500.giftumblr_m6jwfpEizL1ruqam4o1_500.gifa09b8619-7ce2-4364-869d-96f3b364ccd6.gifchristina-aguilera-gif-50.gifgiphy.giftumblr_o2t1wcwxzC1tt6s82o2_400.gifFTM01.gif4.gifgiphy.gife44c7d3f4ba2201ffcf2b44bafca142c.gif

tumblr_o6m25tgbhy1qd4rf5o1_500.giftumblr_mb64irzkdj1r33943o1_500.gif

tumblr_lr7dliGSpH1qivi2to4_400.gif

17 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Pretty sure Madonna already received it!

Christina does not deserve it, I can't even remember a single one of her videos besides GIAB and Dirrty.......and there's nothing really special about the GIAB video. There's nothing iconic or legendary about Christina and she's so beyond irrelevant at this point that giving it to her would be a huge joke!  

Video wise no. I mean when I think of memorable vids it's Lady Marmalade, dirrty, fighter, can't hold us down, beautiful, ain't no other man and candy man

if it was a singing award definetly but I feel like her not doing music in so long doesn't help. 

For me, Missy deserves a vanguard

As shady as MTV is the only way this would make sense is if Christina was using this award to kick off a new era. As a fan I can say her videos were great and an award like this was well deserved after BTB. Too much time has passed, I'd feel the same way if Britney got it now instead of during the successful Femme Fatale era and she keeps releasing videos unlike Xtina. If it happens it will be her 'VMA 2008' pity moment and if she's not bringing anything new to the table she needs to buy into the nostalgia act platform and at least remind people who the hell she is and get some coins. The voice and oreos aren't helping her image at all. Missy or Eminem should have gotten it before Beyonce, JT, and Britney (only because MTV snubbed her every year on purpose, her videos were big deals) and that's the tea. :truthtea:

I love how people here act like Christina is a total failure and wasnt sucessfull at all. None of you will ever get close to acheiving what she has.

TOTAL ESTIMATED RECORDS SOLD: 120 MILLION
38.85 MILLION ALBUMS | 79.6 MILLION SINGLES | +1.5 MILLION DVDs/VIDEOS

According to RCA Records (Sony Music Entertainment) and Christina Aguilera's official website:
She has sold over 46 million albums worldwide, 17.9 million in the US according to Nielsen SoundScan's reports. Note that this figure most likely includes shipments for studio albums such as LPs, compilations, double packages and EPs. Estimations for pure sales must stand around 38.85 million albums, which is very similar to Meddiatraffic's estimations that stand at 37.3 million albums sold.

Untitled_-_5.jpg

Untitled_-_9.jpg

Untitled_-_8.jpg

Single sales

Untitled_-_7.jpg

Untitled_-_6.jpg

Untitled_-_10.jpg

23 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

There's nothing iconic or legendary about Christina

Bullsh!t. Stripped is the blueprint of today's popstars' "coming of age" albums (Selena even mentioned Stripped as the inspiation behing Revival (you know, the album that inspired Glory)). Dirrty had huge influence and put a stop to the "i'm sexy but, don't worry, I'm a virgin" blueprint that was around during the early 2000's. Lady Marmalade is one of the most iconic female collabs of all time. Beautiful is known as a huge LGBT anthem. Xtina is still respected by her peers and today's young popstars. Xtina talked about issues like feminism before it was cool. She also talked about lots of important issues in Stripped like self-respect, unhappy childhood, domestic violence, etc. Her voice is one of the most acclaimed ones in the music industry. Face it, Xtina is an icon and an influential one.

23 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

she's so beyond irrelevant at this point that giving it to her would be a huge joke!  

That's completly irrelevant to a lifetime award. :whitney:

42 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Bullsh!t. Stripped is the blueprint of today's popstars' "coming of age" albums (Selena even mentioned Stripped as the inspiation behing Revival (you know, the album that inspired Glory)). Dirrty had huge influence and put a stop to the "i'm sexy but, don't worry, I'm a virgin" blueprint that was around during the early 2000's. Lady Marmalade is one of the most iconic female collabs of all time. Beautiful is known as a huge LGBT anthem. Xtina is still respected by her peers and today's young popstars. Xtina talked about issues like feminism before it was cool. She also talked about lots of important issues in Stripped like self-respect, unhappy childhood, domestic violence, etc. Her voice is one of the most acclaimed ones in the music industry. Face it, Xtina is an icon and an influential one.

mfte.. I think its hilarious when people say Christina had no impact or influence.

I am a very big fan of Christina Aguilera... when I was 15 I was signing I Turn to You at the top of my lungs trying to hit all her notes. So she was an inspiration to me, to have a wider vocal range. – Lady Gaga

The first artist I was a big fan of that my parents didn’t introduce me to was Christina Aguilera. She was the first concert I went to, and vocally, she was a big influence. I was young at the time—probably seven—and she was still a teenager, just a kid who could out-sing her competition. – Tinashe

My biggest musical influences are Imogen Heap, Christina Aguilera, MJ and Rihanna. – Ariana Grande
Happy birthday to one of my greatest influences ever, Xtina. I walked next to you on a red carpet and almost passed out. You inspire me <3 – Ariana Grande

My inspirations are... people that I listened to when I was growing up were more known for their vocals rather than their sex appeal. I had a lot of respect for Whitney Houston, and Christina Aguilera – Demi Lovato

@xtina such a dream meeting you! Remember learning how to sing high notes to your first record :smileyhappy: thx for always inspiring. – Hayley Williams

Her influences include Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Kate Bush, Uffie, Brooke Candy, Lil Wayne and Quentin Tarantino. - ...what pop influenced her as a kid, citing Britney Spears, The Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake as childhood idols. – Charlie XCX

Smith’s soulful voice introduced a new generation to classic songwriting and connected with those who remember his influences. He can hear in his voice those he grew up listening to: Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan. – Sam Smith

But Trainor admits her music is tough to categorize, as she draws equally from Christina Aguilera and The Andrews Sisters, from 1940s jazz and modern-day R&B, playing it on instruments ranging from guitar to keyboard to bongos. Influences: Frank Sinatra, All Soca Music from Trinidad, Michael Buble, Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera, Beverly Ross, All 50's music. – Meghan Trainor

Although she grew up listening to country music, she was also inspired by pop stars with strong voices like Christina Aguilera. I've learned so much from watching her... she's phenomenal at everything she does. She's been my idol since she first came out, so it was just a really cool experience for me just being there and watching how she works. I was blown away!" – Julianne Hough

Christina is one of my major idols. ...Vocally for me it’s Christina because I’ve learnt from Christina from a very young age – from ‘Genie in a Bottle’ – and I’m sure Gaga has to. – Alexandra Burke

Lauryn Hill is a huge influence as a female artist who both raps and sings. I also love Brandy, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, and Alanis Morissette. – Karmin

Mariah, Céline Dion and Christina Aguilera. Like, all very different, but at the same time like really influenced the way I sing and the way I put emotion into songs. Jordin Sparks

Her favorite artists are Journey, Paramore and The Script, as well as Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera. She cites Christina Aguilera as her biggest musical influence - Lauren Jauregui (Fifth Harmony)

She cites Aretha Franklin, Kings of Leon, Christina Aguilera and Amy Winehouse among her influences - Rebecca Ferguson

On her musical influences: I loved when Christina Aguilera came out. It was so exciting when a young girl with a big voice became a force to be reckoned with in the pop world and it made me feel like i could do it one day. – Jojo

...Who cites her influences as LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Janis Joplin and Bobbie Gentry – Jessie James

...counts Beyoncé, Aaliyah, Christina Aguilera, David Bowie and Madonna amongst her influencesRita Ora

(on her biggest musical influences)... Also, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Puffy, KT Tunstall – Kaharine McPhee

on the music she listened growing up) TLC, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Mariah Carey... lots of big diva voices. – Jessie James

Citing artists such as Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, and Jennifer Lopez as influencesBecky G

(on her idols) When I was younger I used to wanna be just like Christina Aguilera. I would always say "I wanna be just like her" so she's really probably one of the reasons why I started singing because I heard her voice and it was so soulful and I modeled after her a lot. – Candice Glover

I grew up listening to Martina McBride, Faith Hill, and Shania Twain. I love Shania Twain. But I also grew up listening to artists like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, during the era of the young female pop star. I definitely have to give credit to them. Probably my favorite singers right now are Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey. I think they have amazing voices and they’ve both just really inspired me. – Lucy Hale

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

mfte.. I think its hilarious when people say Christina had no impact or influence.

I am a very big fan of Christina Aguilera... when I was 15 I was signing I Turn to You at the top of my lungs trying to hit all her notes. So she was an inspiration to me, to have a wider vocal range. – Lady Gaga

The first artist I was a big fan of that my parents didn’t introduce me to was Christina Aguilera. She was the first concert I went to, and vocally, she was a big influence. I was young at the time—probably seven—and she was still a teenager, just a kid who could out-sing her competition. – Tinashe

My biggest musical influences are Imogen Heap, Christina Aguilera, MJ and Rihanna. – Ariana Grande
Happy birthday to one of my greatest influences ever, Xtina. I walked next to you on a red carpet and almost passed out. You inspire me <3 – Ariana Grande

My inspirations are... people that I listened to when I was growing up were more known for their vocals rather than their sex appeal. I had a lot of respect for Whitney Houston, and Christina Aguilera – Demi Lovato

@xtina such a dream meeting you! Remember learning how to sing high notes to your first record :smileyhappy: thx for always inspiring. – Hayley Williams

Her influences include Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Spice Girls, Kate Bush, Uffie, Brooke Candy, Lil Wayne and Quentin Tarantino. - ...what pop influenced her as a kid, citing Britney Spears, The Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake as childhood idols. – Charlie XCX

Smith’s soulful voice introduced a new generation to classic songwriting and connected with those who remember his influences. He can hear in his voice those he grew up listening to: Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan. – Sam Smith

But Trainor admits her music is tough to categorize, as she draws equally from Christina Aguilera and The Andrews Sisters, from 1940s jazz and modern-day R&B, playing it on instruments ranging from guitar to keyboard to bongos. Influences: Frank Sinatra, All Soca Music from Trinidad, Michael Buble, Paul Simon, Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera, Beverly Ross, All 50's music. – Meghan Trainor

Although she grew up listening to country music, she was also inspired by pop stars with strong voices like Christina Aguilera. I've learned so much from watching her... she's phenomenal at everything she does. She's been my idol since she first came out, so it was just a really cool experience for me just being there and watching how she works. I was blown away!" – Julianne Hough

Christina is one of my major idols. ...Vocally for me it’s Christina because I’ve learnt from Christina from a very young age – from ‘Genie in a Bottle’ – and I’m sure Gaga has to. – Alexandra Burke

Lauryn Hill is a huge influence as a female artist who both raps and sings. I also love Brandy, Alicia Keys, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, and Alanis Morissette. – Karmin

Mariah, Céline Dion and Christina Aguilera. Like, all very different, but at the same time like really influenced the way I sing and the way I put emotion into songs. Jordin Sparks

Her favorite artists are Journey, Paramore and The Script, as well as Alicia Keys and Christina Aguilera. She cites Christina Aguilera as her biggest musical influence - Lauren Jauregui (Fifth Harmony)

She cites Aretha Franklin, Kings of Leon, Christina Aguilera and Amy Winehouse among her influences - Rebecca Ferguson

On her musical influences: I loved when Christina Aguilera came out. It was so exciting when a young girl with a big voice became a force to be reckoned with in the pop world and it made me feel like i could do it one day. – Jojo

...Who cites her influences as LeAnn Rimes, Christina Aguilera, Janis Joplin and Bobbie Gentry – Jessie James

...counts Beyoncé, Aaliyah, Christina Aguilera, David Bowie and Madonna amongst her influencesRita Ora

(on her biggest musical influences)... Also, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Puffy, KT Tunstall – Kaharine McPhee

on the music she listened growing up) TLC, Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Mariah Carey... lots of big diva voices. – Jessie James

Citing artists such as Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot, TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez, and Jennifer Lopez as influencesBecky G

(on her idols) When I was younger I used to wanna be just like Christina Aguilera. I would always say "I wanna be just like her" so she's really probably one of the reasons why I started singing because I heard her voice and it was so soulful and I modeled after her a lot. – Candice Glover

I grew up listening to Martina McBride, Faith Hill, and Shania Twain. I love Shania Twain. But I also grew up listening to artists like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears, during the era of the young female pop star. I definitely have to give credit to them. Probably my favorite singers right now are Christina Aguilera and Mariah Carey. I think they have amazing voices and they’ve both just really inspired me. – Lucy Hale

DDQzV_QVoAAT8X3.jpg

Imagine thinking Xtina isn't an icon... :tiffsmoke: I get some people are still pissed over a 14 year old interview, but there are limits to delusion. :flawlessbye:

7 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

sam smith christina aguilera ile ilgili görsel sonucu

10 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She's not an icon sorry, she's a former successful singer turned reality star and that's it! Icon and Christina Aguilera shouldn't even be in the same sentence! 

36 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

She's not an icon sorry, she's a former successful singer turned reality star and that's it! Icon and Christina Aguilera shouldn't even be in the same sentence! 

She's the third biggest icon of the 2000s (female singers) behind Britney (1st) and Beyoncé (2nd). Did you not see the post @The Greatest Show made where she points out people who listed her as an influence. And check your fave before coming for Xtina about the "reality star" part. Britney couldn't even do that. She destroyed the already pretty bad X Factor and went off to be a parody of herself in Vegas. :tiffcackle: At least Xtina helps young talent in The Noise. :whitney: And don't get me started on Chaotic...

Well, Xtina is/was a great singer, she was really successfull and she has better videos than JT for example, I just don't understand how the hell he has that award, his only memorable video was cry me a river, and it was thanks to Britney :tiffcackle: Xtine deserves it.

Just now, Camilo said:

his only memorable video was cry me a river, and it was thanks to Britney

What Goes Around? SexyBack? Bye Bye Bye? I agree with you that his videos aren't as memorable as Xtina's (or Missy's or Eminem's or Gaga's) but CMAR isn't his only memorable video.

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She's the third biggest icon of the 2000s (female singers) behind Britney (1st) and Beyoncé (2nd). Did you not see the post @The Greatest Show made where she points out people who listed her as an influence. And check your fave before coming for Xtina about the "reality star" part. Britney couldn't even do that. She destroyed the already pretty bad X Factor and went off to be a parody of herself in Vegas. :tiffcackle: At least Xtina helps young talent in The Noise. :whitney: And don't get me started on Chaotic...

Well darling, Xtina last tour was in 2007 :tiffcackle: since then Britney has done 2 World tours, asian tour and vegas has grossed more than 100 M in ticket sales, she keeps releasing videos and albums, one in the rock and roll hall of fame and she has ICON awards, what's Xtina doing? oreo and coaching online :tiffcackle: and she's not even doing the voice anymore, I'm pretty much sure that as a SINGER, Xtina would like to do all and have the things I said, but she CAN'T even book a night on the Axis theater, I mean, she had to cancel the bionic tour because of the poor ticketss sales :tiffanynod:. Why you had to bring Britney into this just to defend Xtina, I mean, you're not even an old fan, f**k off :whitney: Britney was, is and always will be better than Xtina.

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I'm sorry but wouldn't that be Pink? She, at least from my perspective, feels like a bigger music icon than Christina Aguilera. 

Christina doesn't deserve a Vanguard Award. Giving it to someone just because they've been around a long time dilutes the importance of the name attached (MJ) and the award itself. 

33 minutes ago, Camilo said:

one in the rock and roll hall of fame

No, she doesn't. :tiffcackle: She has one album in the RnR Hall of Fame library, where you can find tons of other albums or songs. It's not a big accomplishment.

I mean, she had to cancel the bionic tour because of the poor ticketss sales :tiffanynod:

No, it wasn't, It was cancelled because of her personal issues (divorce). Were tickets even put on sale?

Britney was, is and always will be better than Xtina.

One of them can sing, the other hasn't done that since 2004 (don't count HB, a song that anyone can do). One can write songs like Walk Away or You Lost Me, the other writes sh!t like My Baby or Mmm Papi. One of them is respected, the other is a seen as talentless. Britney might have more sucess and be a better dancer, but Xtina trumps her in many topics like songwriting, career involvment and vocals.

I mean, you're not even an old fan, f**k off :whitney:

What does that have to do with anything? :tiffcackle: