We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Fans Believe Christina Aguilera Is Getting The MTV Video Vanguard Award At This Year's VMAs

104 posts in this topic

Completely downgrades the award if she gets it.

Cant @ people thinking Xtina is more iconic than JT... even though I'm not a fan of that whiner.

Speaking of videos, Caca, Katy have way better and more iconic videos.

I remember when Exhell was claiming that Katy Perry was going to win it last year. This is just a rumor. Either way, I don't think she would deserve this award being that her career as a solo artist has basically been irrelevant since 2008. This is coming from an Xtina fan by the way.

7 hours ago, DMVofficial said:

This makes no fucking sense. Dirrrty is her only memorable music video. They need to stop giving out this award every year. It's a prestigious award. If they keep handing it out to people who don't deserve it then it's going to lose it's value. :lessons:

The only people who TRULY deserve this award are Michael, Madonna, Britney, Beyoncé, and Lady Gaga:lessons:

I don't understand how they haven't given Gaga this award yet? She is literally the ONLY musician that has brought back music videos as an art form. It's just a slap in the face that they haven't given it to her yet.:lessons:

f**k Xtina, Go Gaga :lessons:

Don't forget Missy Elliott (she has rap's most creative videos that most of the time she directs/co directs herself, plus paved the way for Nicki Minaj and other femcees) and how come the directors never get these? Joseph Khan deserves one!

6 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Don't forget Missy Elliott (she has rap's most creative videos that most of the time she directs/co directs herself, plus paved the way for Nicki Minaj and other femcees) and how come the directors never get these? Joseph Khan deserves one!

Wowww I completely forgot about Missy for a second. She definitely deserves the award. Her videos are always so next level. 

Lmao she isn't getting it. She will probably perform but she is just trolling her fans by liking the tweets. She has been trolling since 2011.

10 hours ago, Cavalli_montreal said:

madonna deserves it but christina ....

Pretty sure Madonna already received it!

Christina does not deserve it, I can't even remember a single one of her videos besides GIAB and Dirrty.......and there's nothing really special about the GIAB video. There's nothing iconic or legendary about Christina and she's so beyond irrelevant at this point that giving it to her would be a huge joke!  

13 hours ago, Cavalli_montreal said:

madonna deserves it but christina ....

Madonna already received it in 1986. :mattafact:

I can understand that she's not as her prime (which was YEARS ago) but she deserves it, maybe not this year but she had some iconic videos.

well caca got to perform at the SB and everyone was complaining :wyd: so shut the eff up about caca deserves the award more

ı don't believe she will get the award but she deserves it.

all of her videos are great, ı just posted these but ı love all the music videos of christina.

34 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

well caca got to perform at the SB and everyone was complaining :wyd: so shut the eff up about caca deserves the award more

Gaga had memorable eras (The Fame Monster and Born this Way). 

7 minutes ago, ohoney said:

Gaga had memorable eras (The Fame Monster and Born this Way). 

Born this way era? or madonna rip off era?

12 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

ı don't believe she will get the award but she deserves it.

all of her videos are great, ı just posted these but ı love all the music videos of christina.

+ genie in a bottle, can't hold us down, lady marmalade, ain't no other man, 

I like her music and think she's talented but I don't think she's an icon. She had like two successful albums in the early 2000s, a couple hits in the mid 2000s and one hit song in the '10s

17 minutes ago, December02 said:

I like her music and think she's talented but I don't think she's an icon. She had like two successful albums in the early 2000s, a couple hits in the mid 2000s and one hit song in the '10s

Her voice and Stripped alone make her an icon. Legend? No. Icon? Yes. :whitney:

4 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

+ genie in a bottle, can't hold us down, lady marmalade, ain't no other man, 

What a girl wants!

imo she deserves it. People who say that Dirrty is her only memorable MV are wrong lmao, Lady Marmalade, Fighter, Beautiful (especially this one), Genie In A Bottle etc. are all iconic. 
Xtina is one of 00s icons whether you like it or not, she had a huge impact on pop culture (smaller than Britney but still huge) and she deserves to get this award.